Wedding Woes
Options

It’s Monday and not to be forgotten.

Weekend was great.  We went to visit the bro and his kids.  My mom said she pulled my brother aside to confirm that there was some miscommunication and she never said they had them all day.  He agreed there may have been.  But we all went to the hotel and I know my parents has a great time.  We all agreed we would go again if in the “area”. 

I got home at 7, picked up a salad and then went to whole foods.  My bill really added up and the one item I went for wasn’t even carried there!  

What about everyone else?  When is @ShesSoCold coming back so we can hear about her new life?

Re: It’s Monday and not to be forgotten.

• Options
    Saw Yesterday on Friday.  It's just not that great, which is sad.  It's worth a rental, but I wouldn't be in any hurry to see it, so you could even wait from streaming.  But Kiki's Delivery Service is tonight, so I'm excited about that.  I haven't ever seen any of the Studio Ghibli movies on the big screen. 

Saturday my closet storage units came in.  I built them and started the process of organizing the drag/craft/office while K went to a roller derby game.  The next piece should be here Thursday and we'll get what's at home fully organized and put away.  Then, I'll rent a UHaul and we'll clean out the storage unit and do the keep/donate/throw away purge finally.  The apartment will finally be back to clean and organized with no more storage unit fees.  I've been wanting to have a party and this will get us back on track for that.  Basically, it's the "Okay, we've lived together 3 years, this is working, we can get rid of the JIC stuff."  Sunday was just laundry, dishes, and other weekly chores.  K is working from 2-8, so it makes spending any time together kind of hard.  But no more overnights!  Whoot!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    CharmedPam I'm glad your mom said something! Hopefully a step in the right direction with him and his family.

• Options
    It was a much needed chill weekend here. Friday I was tired from travel, so pizza and a movie on the couch. Saturday I went to the pool with my sister's kids. I can't believe my nephew starts kindergarten this week; he's gotten so big, so fast! But he's really excited about it. I introduced my sister to those puppies from a few weeks ago; she told him he could have one if he got stars or whatever the first 2 weeks of school. 

Saturday was a date night at my favorite sushi place. It's so nice to just sit and relax and have a slow paced meal with a bottle of wine. Sunday we got DH all packed up for his trip, went to brunch and then dropped him at the airport. I'm always amazed at how quiet the house is without him here. My big trip is coming up later this week, so I'm working on getting myself squared away. I foresee a lot of boring errands this week.
  • Options
    We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night FSIL and FBIL got the keys to their new place. I told them I'd help them out by cleaning it on Saturday while they were at work so that's what I did all day. After that we hung out and had a well deserved bottle of wine. FI made my life more difficult though. His other sister also just bought a place about a month ago. She is all moved in and on Saturday FI helped her pick up a washer and dryer and drove over the fridge we've been holding on to for her (which is another story). Literally all she had to do was unpack and organize. She sent out a text Friday telling FSIL to come over and "hang up her clothes for her to help her out." Major eye roll. But then FI told her I was over helping out FSIL and FBIL at their new place, and I knew it would create a shit show if I didn't do "something" to help her move so I ended up going over with FSIL yesterday for about an hour. It was just not worth the family drama to avoid it. But seriously, who voluntells people to do their unpacking for them?  Your friends and family are not a concierge service. At least we got to stop and eat at a cool British pub and then afterwards we went and looked at furniture. 

It is so hot here. Today my plans are to stay indoors, study, and avoid all outside life if possible. 

• Options
    Levoosa - I can't believe that sister!  I now always offer to help unpack boxes after my friends/family move, but I would actually say I was too busy if I was voluntold to do something.  If I were other sister, I would have put all her older stuff she never wears in the front!  Or put them in a haphazard way, like dress, pants, shirt and repeat, rather than all shirts, dresses and pants together.

Also - how is your wrist?  Did you ever get an X-ray of it?
  • Options
    It’s Monday. Mondays are stupid. I’ve been answer 10000 stupid questions that people can legit answer themselves but it’s too much drama to tell them that. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yay for all of the nice weekend plans! Healing vibes to your brother @climbingwife and @levioosa yeah that's bs about the sister...my occasional help with moving (which for me peaked in my 20s when my circle and I were a bit more transient) never included helping someone unpack. 

Went on a 10 minute screening interview earlier at a ridiculously long-shot position.  I applied almost in jest, the school is that exclusive.  The screening interviews went from 11-3 and three candidates were being interviewed at a time (in three separate rooms), so it's hard to imagine I'll make it to the next round  (a formal interview).  I do feel I answered the 3 questions well, so I guess you never know.  Doesn't hurt to try.  
  • Options
    It’s Monday. Mondays are stupid. I’ve been answer 10000 stupid questions that people can legit answer themselves but it’s too much drama to tell them that. 
    I feel this so much. Our sales team are constantly emailing questions for things they could find answers to themselves. What's worse is that their boss is guilty of it too. 
  • Options
    I usually say no to her bs, but this was one of those “pick your battles and choose your drama” situations. She might have regretted it in the end. She asked us if we could throw away stuff that we didn’t think was good any more. Like 90% of her wardrobe needs to be trashed. It’s all from high school, or clothes that FSIL or even clothes that I had given away. We tossed like 50% of her stuff because it was either stained, super out of date, or torn. When she would wander in and ask I would say “have you worn this in six months? When’s the last time you wore it? Two years? You don’t need it.” 

• Options
    oh, and I had my wrist, elbow, shoulder and ankle x-ray’d. They were all negative but my wrist elbow are still bothering me a decent amount. 

• Options
    Friday, we went to my sister's to do a sitter trade essentially.  They went out to dinner with their neighbors and we watched all the kids (5 boys total).  We left DefConn there for Fri/Sat night. 

Saturday, we went boating with our friends.  We ran into my younger sister's in-laws (who we know pretty well) so we tied off with them awhile.  Our friend's pontoon was having an issue, so we couldn't go too fast or else it was sputtering/stalling out.  Because we had to take it easy, the rocking sensation was insane for hours after.  I did get a little sunburn, which is the first time in years I've been burnt.   Despite mechanical issues, boating was great.  We had so much fun. We were wiped out when we got home.  

One thing we did discover when we were on our way out to boating was that the hose that takes the condensation from the air out of my car was blocked and the condensation was flooding my passenger floorboard.  We did blow it out yesterday and it seems to have fixed the issue.  I'm hoping my car will dry out and not be too musty smelling.   Shop-vac'd a ton of water yesterday and left everything open to help the drying out process along. 

Yesterday, I picked up DefConn.  I then went to the store and then my fave boutique in town.  I found a shirt that I think will work for family pics.  FIL came over for dinner (with the dog, of course.  :wink: We took her home Saturday morning). 

Last night, DH and FIL were playing wiffle ball with DefConn.  I was taking pics.  As I was looking down at my phone to view the pics I had taken, I get hit upside the chin out of nowhere.  DefConn had been swinging the bat around and let it go. It flew into my face.  I never saw it coming.  No bruising so far, but it's tender today.  He felt so bad. 

We finished up the night by watching the Big Little Lie finale (meh) and an episode of Fleabag (I am obsessed with Fleabag. It's an amazing show.)