Budget Weddings Forum
Options

In search of a budget friendly photographer

My fiance and I are getting married on Friday 04/03/2020 in Aledo, Texas. We live in Wisconsin so I don't know any of the photographers in the DFW area. Does anyone know of a good photographer that won't break the bank? We wouldn't need engagement or bridals. We only would need coverage on the day of our event. 

Re: In search of a budget friendly photographer

• Options
    This is an international board. You might have more luck posting on the local boards. You probably won’t get many responses here. 

• Options
    I don't think I know any photographers in the city that I live in. Do you know many Wisconsin wedding photographers? I feel like you're going to be doing the same amount of research wherever you have your wedding and that this is actually one of the easier tasks to accomplish remotely. Photographers should have websites, with portfolios. That's the easiest way to tell if your like their work, and easily done from anywhere. Many of them list the "investment" on their website for different photo packages, or should be easy to email.

I had my wedding in a different city from where I lived. Booking a photographer really wasn't the difficult part. I inquired about a few prices via email and said "nope" immediately because it was too high - great, you move on. 

I also figure most people have weddings in a city like Aledo not because it's a destination but because it's someone's hometown. Are there people who live there who you can ask for recommendations?
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2019
    Now if it was WI, I'd have ideas depending on where you're at for photographers...  DFW, post to the Texas local boards.  The thing to remember is most photographers do have packages that are more friendly to the budget, the key is your expectations.  A photographer to come in for a couple hours to get the key pictures and hand you a copy of the image files is going to be a lot different from someone who is going to start at the beginning of the day and go to the end of the dance then edit everything to perfection.  

Oddly, I'd start with looking up Graduation Photographers for that area and then consider who does wedding photography in that group.  No matter if you're looking for a photographer in WI or TX your homework is key.  Also, do not base 100% of your criteria on budget, obviously you don't want to break the bank, but quality of work and style of photographer makes a huge difference as these pictures will be on your wall for a lifetime.  Someone who is great to come in for a couple hours is better than someone who is cheap and beginner who will be there for 12 hours.
  • Options
    I found ours through TK’s vendor search.  You can search by $ sign levels.  And ours was also out of town - but we went a few months early for e/pics with them anyway.