Wedding Woes

Wednesday

I can't believe it's only Wednesday.   Monday feels like it was a week ago.  

I messed up my hair appt day.  I have it tonight instead. 

I went to the parent meeting for scouts with DH.  I think we're going to get pretty active and I'm looking forward to it.  It will be nice for the three of us to have something to do together.  

The next week and a half is going to be crazy.  We have a ton of stuff coming up.  

Other than that SSDD. 

Re: Wednesday

• I feel like I’m getting sick. I’m cold and my throat hurts and I have a headache. I just want to take a nap. But I’m at work. 

H has a playoff softball game tonight he wants me to come watch. Other than that pretty boring time for us. 

I ordered two pairs of jeans from Nordstrom Rack so that’s exciting. 
  • Nothing much today. Hopefully some purging from the basement and closets. 

@mrsconn23, both DS1 and DS2 were scouts. DS2 is an Eagle Scout. It was probably the best thing for him - he was not strong academically so scouts let him shine in other ways. H and I were both involved in the program. Good luck with your's and defconn's scout experience.
  • Day 1 of the consignment sale open to the public. Cmon sales! I spent way more yesterday than I ever have at a sale so now I need my stuff to sell!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    @charlotte989875 - I noticed my nose running a bit too. Nooooo.  NO summer colds here! 🙅🏻‍♀️

it’s freezing in our office.  Maybe that’s why I’m getting a summer cold?  I did order some elderberry from amazon. 

I was up at 3:45 today and it was one of those things where I don’t know if I went back to sleep or not.  Did I stay awake the whole 1.5 hrs laying there trying to go back asleep?  Or did some actual sleep get done?

anyone know where @OurWildKingdom is?

• I got my homeowner's insurance packet in the mail last night and was flipping through it.  While I realize companies need to protect themselves from every eventuality, the language in it was so lawyered-up that there were a number of sections I couldn't even understand.  And I'm a reasonably intelligent, college-educated woman.

I think that's b.s. and I'm kinda mad about it.  They write all this s**t knowing that 99% of their customers won't understand much of it.  To me, a better system would be to have the contract just the way it is, for their protection.  But then also have a "summarized" section for laypeople.  They can even have a disclaimer that "this summary is for your convenience only, blah blah".  I know no one does that, not just insurance companies. But it just seems like it defeats the purpose of making sure one's customers are knowledgeable about what they can/cannot expect.

Look, insurance.  Can you just give me a bulleted list of "this is what you are covered for" and "these are the exclusions"?  Wait!  Watch this..."This policy does not cover Bodily Injury to any persons for your home-based business in which you earn more than $2,000 per year.  This includes daycares."  Those two sentences took them an entire page to say in my policy.  At least, I think that is what they were trying to say, lol.

Here are a couple areas that made me laugh:

My policy told me that 14+ times in multiple sections that I'm not covered for watercraft, aircraft, and hovercrafts.  Interestingly, it talks about those exclusions way more than that automobiles are not covered.  There must be some great industry stories on why apparently people need to be hit over the head with this, lol!

I'm not covered for damage or bodily injury caused by exotic animals.  Including, but not limited to lions and tigers and alligators.  But, but...that line is supposed to be bears?!?!  Alligators?  WTF?  Is that just because I live in Louisiana, lol?  I felt like Sheldon Cooper.  Lions and tigers and...alligators.  No! Bears.  BEARS!  lmao.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sleepy and slightly hungover and 100% do not want to be at work.  I haven't left home except for work since last Wednesday when this allergy/cold/sinus thing hit and I needed to go see friends and feel social  So, it was worth it, mostly.  :smiley:

• I got my homeowner's insurance packet in the mail last night and was flipping through it.  While I realize companies need to protect themselves from every eventuality, the language in it was so lawyered-up that there were a number of sections I couldn't even understand.  And I'm a reasonably intelligent, college-educated woman.

I think that's b.s. and I'm kinda mad about it.  They write all this s**t knowing that 99% of their customers won't understand much of it.  To me, a better system would be to have the contract just the way it is, for their protection.  But then also have a "summarized" section for laypeople.  They can even have a disclaimer that "this summary is for your convenience only, blah blah".  I know no one does that, not just insurance companies. But it just seems like it defeats the purpose of making sure one's customers are knowledgeable about what they can/cannot expect.

Look, insurance.  Can you just give me a bulleted list of "this is what you are covered for" and "these are the exclusions"?  Wait!  Watch this..."This policy does not cover Bodily Injury to any persons for your home-based business in which you earn more than $2,000 per year.  This includes daycares."  Those two sentences took them an entire page to say in my policy.  At least, I think that is what they were trying to say, lol.

• @charlotte989875 - I noticed my nose running a bit too. Nooooo.  NO summer colds here! 🙅🏻‍♀️

it’s freezing in our office.  Maybe that’s why I’m getting a summer cold?  I did order some elderberry from amazon. 

I was up at 3:45 today and it was one of those things where I don’t know if I went back to sleep or not.  Did I stay away awake the whole 1.5 hrs laying there trying to go back asleep?  Or did some actual sleep get done?

anyone know where @OurWildKingdom is?
    I was wondering the same thing! Also, miss @kimmiinthemitten
    And @ShesSoCold.  I remember @CharmedPam was wondering about her the other day also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SSDD. H usually has his sailboat racing on Wednesdays but it will most likely be canceled because of the rain. I'm disappointed I won't get the night to myself. 
  • I forgot the wacky start to my day!  More the wacky start to my H's day.  He sometimes gets up really early.  It was oh-dark-thirty and he heard some people laughing loudly and generally being boisterous outside (we live on a really quiet street).  He peeks out and sees three young men  he doesn't recognize getting out of an obviously stolen Tesla (also not recognized), that they abandoned on our street, lol.  Drove it the wrong way down our street and parked it askew in front of a neighbor's driveway.  Because it's not enough to be thieves and vandals (eye roll).

At that point in time, the owner probably didn't even know it was missing.  We assume these guys stole it in the middle of the night, went joyriding for a few hours and then bailed.  My H called the police, but they still hadn't come when I got up.

We were joking about making a bet on if the police or the owner comes for the car first.  We assumed a spendy car like that has GPS.  We joked about putting our dog Izzy behind the wheel and taking pics of our "cool" dog.  Then we joked we could send the pic to the owner with a note, scrawled like a child, that says, "Rawhides for your car back."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So BabyKitten didn't have the greatest afternoon yesterday, but M got her down for a nap today - so hopefully it'll be better :)

I booked my G2 road test for Oct 9th, and I have a meeting with my boss Sept 16th. I set up the appt, but now I'm nervous a.f .... I wanna review how I've been doing but I made a mistake {2nd time in a row} so that's not gonna look good. I wanna do a course for work but based on that I feel she may say no :( 

M is very upset with his dad. His dad made a post the same day of the shootings {acknowledging the fact they happened earlier also} "joking" about the fb posts about breaking into your house and taking what's on the fridge and the addition is something along the lines of saying that "if you break into my house, you'll get shot"
    M wasn't thrilled, and it was a poor taste joke and given the situation it shouldn't be joked about.
    M's DAD basically said that M should "grow a pair and call him instead of commenting"
    M didn't comment back but he is thoroughly pissed off and {his words} "completely fucking done with him"

So that's a thing now .....

In other news, I am putting some kiddo stuff in my cart from H&M to potentially purchase for fall/winter. We don't need too much but I currently have $300 worth of stuff because it's cute a.f
    M told me to write down what we have {I sorted thru before but forgot to write down} and he wants to know what we have before he can help me par down the H&M cart lol
    Why are kid stuff adorable?
    Spring/summer she will need a whole new wardrobe basically.
  • I hope you feel better @charlotte989875 and @VarunaTT! And that you’re not getting sick @CharmedPam. Summer colds are the worst. 

Pretty much SSDD for me here. I took zzquil last night and I have a little bit of a zzquil hangover. I’m trying to talk sense into myself about eating out tonight. There’s a new Pakistani place next to the gym that looks delicious and has a 4.5 rating on yelp. I’m having the “we have food at home” debate with myself. But the food there looks so good. Ugh. 

• levioosa said:
    I hope you feel better @charlotte989875 and @VarunaTT! And that you’re not getting sick @CharmedPam. Summer colds are the worst. 

Pretty much SSDD for me here. I took zzquil last night and I have a little bit of a zzquil hangover. I’m trying to talk sense into myself about eating out tonight. There’s a new Pakistani place next to the gym that looks delicious and has a 4.5 rating on yelp. I’m having the “we have food at home” debate with myself. But the food there looks so good. Ugh. 
    Get the delicious food. The country feels like a shitshow (I’m assuming it’s not just me) so the least you can do is have tasty food. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    I just want to share that I'm super glad I've made SSDD at thing on this board.  :smiley:  I remember way back in the day when I had to explain it.  
    it took awhile for me to get it lol

Here are a couple areas that made me laugh:

My policy told me that 14+ times in multiple sections that I'm not covered for watercraft, aircraft, and hovercrafts.  Interestingly, it talks about those exclusions way more than that automobiles are not covered.  There must be some great industry stories on why apparently people need to be hit over the head with this, lol!

I'm not covered for damage or bodily injury caused by exotic animals.  Including, but not limited to lions and tigers and alligators.  But, but...that line is supposed to be bears?!?!  Alligators?  WTF?  Is that just because I live in Louisiana, lol?  I felt like Sheldon Cooper.  Lions and tigers and...alligators.  No! Bears.  BEARS!  lmao.
    That's actually how it works in the health insurance world. You are actually required to have a Summary Plan Description which is the layman's terms of the offical legalease type document. The SPD is still pretty intense most of the time but at least it is mostly understandable by the general public. 
  • kvruns said:
    I got my homeowner's insurance packet in the mail last night and was flipping through it.  While I realize companies need to protect themselves from every eventuality, the language in it was so lawyered-up that there were a number of sections I couldn't even understand.  And I'm a reasonably intelligent, college-educated woman.

That's actually how it works in the health insurance world. You are actually required to have a Summary Plan Description which is the layman's terms of the offical legalease type document. The SPD is still pretty intense most of the time but at least it is mostly understandable by the general public. 
    Now that you point it out.  Yeah, that is true!  Those SPDs are still really detailed, but I can understand the information and without having to read it multiple times.  I still hate medical insurance companies with the flames of 1,000 suns, lol.  But I'll give them credit for that.  Or at least half-credit, since from what you've said it is more a requirement than what they've chosen to do.  I assume they'd be just as difficult to read as my homeowner's policy, otherwise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So now my boss is going down swinging - badmouthing her boss (who was actually her biggest advocate, but my boss is acting like everyone above her is the enemy). It's getting super unprofessional and disrespectful to those of us on my team who still have a job to do here. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
  • So now my boss is going down swinging - badmouthing her boss (who was actually her biggest advocate, but my boss is acting like everyone above her is the enemy). It's getting super unprofessional and disrespectful to those of us on my team who still have a job to do here. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
    That's too bad!  And she's really not helping herself making her last impressions, negative ones.  I assume she'll be staying in the same industry and it's possible some of her soon-to-be former coworkers could be future coworkers.  I've had that happen a few times and was also asked for my opinion once about an applicant they were interviewing.

I hadn't been his boss and he hadn't been mine at the previous job we'd worked at together.  Nothing like that.  But, after his interview, two of the managers asked for my opinion of him.  Fortunately, I was able to give a positive one.  They did offer him the job, but he turned it down for salary reasons, so I didn't end up working with him again in that particular example.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Other than that, SSDD. 
    I just don’t get this; it’s so short sighted. Something similar is happening on H’s team; his 2-above got “reassigned” (and her husband just quit so she’s just waiting until she has something new lined up) and his immediate manager is probably also on her way out. Since the announcement she’s done no work, cancelled meetings (H has actually not even spoken to her in two weeks), works from home 3-4 days a week and hasn’t done any work. I don’t get it. I mean, sure you’re hurt and it feels bad, but how do you not see it’s making things worse to behave this way? 

Other than that, SSDD. 
    I just don’t get this; it’s so short sighted. Something similar is happening on H’s team; his 2-above got “reassigned” (and her husband just quit so she’s just waiting until she has something new lined up) and his immediate manager is probably also on her way out. Since the announcement she’s done no work, cancelled meetings (H has actually not even spoken to her in two weeks), works from home 3-4 days a week and hasn’t done any work. I don’t get it. I mean, sure you’re hurt and it feels bad, but how do you not see it’s making things worse to behave this way? 
    Yup - I don't get it.

The more I'm in my industry the more I find out how small it is.   Unless you do this and plan to make an entire career change (like change from working in a specific manufacturing industry to be a public school teacher or perhaps retire) this sort of thing follows you.   
  • banana468 said:
    So now my boss is going down swinging - badmouthing her boss (who was actually her biggest advocate, but my boss is acting like everyone above her is the enemy). It's getting super unprofessional and disrespectful to those of us on my team who still have a job to do here. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
    Yup - I don't get it.

The more I'm in my industry the more I find out how small it is.   Unless you do this and plan to make an entire career change (like change from working in a specific manufacturing industry to be a public school teacher or perhaps retire) this sort of thing follows you.   
    All of this. This is a small city in that everyone knows everyone in this industry. Not only is she creating a bad brand for herself, but by going out swinging she's burning bridges with everyone - even if she's not directing it at certain people. Negativity is contagious and it's super disappointing that she's handling it this way. 
  • banana468 said:
    So now my boss is going down swinging - badmouthing her boss (who was actually her biggest advocate, but my boss is acting like everyone above her is the enemy). It's getting super unprofessional and disrespectful to those of us on my team who still have a job to do here. 

Other than that, SSDD. 
    Yup - I don't get it.

All of this. This is a small city in that everyone knows everyone in this industry. Not only is she creating a bad brand for herself, but by going out swinging she's burning bridges with everyone - even if she's not directing it at certain people. Negativity is contagious and it's super disappointing that she's handling it this way. 
    YES, this is insane that she's handling it this way and definitely cutting off her nose to spite her face.  I know that it's hard when you're in the position she in to not have hurt feelings and take it personally, but going to 'burn it down' mode is a bad plan.   

This is toxic AF for all involved.  It makes me wonder what they thought they were going to get out of her after telling her she no longer had a job. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

YES, this is insane that she's handling it this way and definitely cutting off her nose to spite her face.  I know that it's hard when you're in the position she in to not have hurt feelings and take it personally, but going to 'burn it down' mode is a bad plan.   

This is toxic AF for all involved.  
    It makes me wonder what they thought they were going to get out of her after telling her she no longer had a job. 
    this.

• mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:

Other than that, SSDD. 
    Yup - I don't get it.

This is toxic AF for all involved.  It makes me wonder what they thought they were going to get out of her after telling her she no longer had a job. 
    That's really a shame. And certainly why usually if a person is asked to leave, it happens immediately.