Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

HELP is this unrealistic??

Hey all!  I found a salon to take my bridal party to.  I am NOT happy with them.  I love the girls who did my hair and makeup trial but the salon itself is just very bad with communication.  

Apparently, they only have ONE girl doing hair and ONE girl doing makeup.  
I have seven girls getting hair done and five getting make up done.  I asked when we should arrive and she was like "ummm we open at 10 but you can probably come at like 9:30am.  My ceremony starts at 6 pm and we are doing pictures BEFORE the wedding.  So she basically has 5 hours to do everyone's hair.  That's less than 45 minutes per person.

1: do you think it's doable, she was pretty confident she could get everyone done, but I mean, that's a lot of people in a short time right?  If we get things pushed back too far I wont be able to get pictures done!

2: I really don't want to sit in a salon for 5 hours on my wedding day!!!  

I'm afraid to ask for more than one because I don't want her to get mad that I'm taking away from her money and not do a good job (I don't know her because I'm doing a destination wedding, I did drive up for the hair trail but that is my only interaction with her).

I asked if maybe they could travel to the hotel instead so that even if it does take 5 hours at least we arent sitting in a salon but I'm still worried about having enough time.

Any suggestions or am I worrying for nothing????

Re: HELP is this unrealistic??

• Options
    Hey all!  I found a salon to take my bridal party to.  I am NOT happy with them.  I love the girls who did my hair and makeup trial but the salon itself is just very bad with communication.  

Apparently, they only have ONE girl doing hair and ONE girl doing makeup.  
    I have seven girls getting hair done and five getting make up done.  I asked when we should arrive and she was like "ummm we open at 10 but you can probably come at like 9:30am.  My ceremony starts at 6 pm and we are doing pictures BEFORE the wedding.  So she basically has 5 hours to do everyone's hair.  That's less than 45 minutes per person.

1: do you think it's doable, she was pretty confident she could get everyone done, but I mean, that's a lot of people in a short time right?  If we get things pushed back too far I wont be able to get pictures done!

2: I really don't want to sit in a salon for 5 hours on my wedding day!!!  

I'm afraid to ask for more than one because I don't want her to get mad that I'm taking away from her money and not do a good job (I don't know her because I'm doing a destination wedding, I did drive up for the hair trail but that is my only interaction with her).

I asked if maybe they could travel to the hotel instead so that even if it does take 5 hours at least we arent sitting in a salon but I'm still worried about having enough time.

Any suggestions or am I worrying for nothing????
    I definitely see why you’re concerned, that does seem like a pretty tight timeline and I would not be sitting in a salon the entire day of my wedding.

I would work with the salon and ask if there were two (or more) stylists available for your group so that you can have more than 1 person being worked on at a time. Depending on how far out your wedding is though they may be booked and this might be all the people they have available. You could ask the stylist if she is available to come to your location, be prepared for the price to potentially increase (travel time+ having to dedicate the whole day just to your party) or for her to say no. She may have to work out of the salon on certain days she is scheduled /can only do on location on her days off. She also might not want to travel. 

If there isn’t any room to move people/time slots I would not sit there all day. Have people only show up when it’s their turn to go and have them book the times that work best for them. But no one needs to stay there all day!
  • Options
    I'd definitely ask for another stylist to do hair. I was in a wedding this year, and we had 6 women getting their hair done. We started at 8am (they opened early for us), and had 2 stylists. We had to be ready for pictures early too, as they were before the ceremony. We were all finished just in time. 
  • Options
    No, this is not doable. Even if she thinks she could manage 7 hairstyles and and the other could do 5 makeup jobs, you'd be sweating bullets over whether they'd finish on time. I would either ask for 2 additional stylists or find another salon so that you're not rushing from the salon to the photo location with no time to enjoy your day.