Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

Working from home this fine Wednesday,  which is awesome because I was able to sleep in, head to the post office already and make paleo protein pancakes.  Yum! Now doing laundry, have to shower and pack and then head to the city for our sales conference.  

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    The back of our house is completely sided!  And the one side is almost done.  The guys are moving along great!  A nice bonus is that MILs BF is impressed with their work - he used to do this for a living, so he can recognize shoddy work.  

And a local pizza place just sent our office free pizza - yay for being a large firm who orders tons of delivery every day!  We often have discount days at other places too!

Tonight H and I have date night.  I got tickets to see the first Star Trek movie in the theater.  Its the 40th anniversary and H loves Star Trek, I'm meh about it.  After I got the tickets, I googled the run time and found out its a turkey of a movie.  Goody.  Might just turn into an expensive nap for me!
  • Options
    I'm also WFH today, but it isn't going quite so smoothly. Puppy woke me up at 5 to go outside. I'm exciting that she's learning that potty should happen outside, but 5 is a bit early for my taste! Ah well, I got to take her for a long walk and still got started working by 7:30. Then back to back to back calls and meetings. I'm just now taking a break before we start back up at 1. How many more days until the weekend?
  • Options
    I’m planning on cleaning the carpets today. We’ll see if I get to it. It’s such a pain in the ass that I’ve been putting it off. I am still pretty tired and I’m hoping this fatigue ends soon. It’s making it hard to be motivated. Other than that SSDD. 

• Options
    Had to stay home with BabyKitten yesterday due to her snots and rough breathing. We got the humidifier and some baby safe vicks pads for it. They're non-medicated, just the smell of Vicks essential oils they use.
    Apparently when M left yesterday, I was out cold. Neither myself nor BabyKitten woke until like 9am

By like 11:30am she wanted a nap, but I knew she'd wake up as soon as M came home for lunch - so I just asked him to come early so it wouldn't push too much. Luckily he did because by the time he was leaving, she was almost in meltdown mode.

Asleep 5min after he left. For 2hr 45min! Normally I wouldn't let her sleep so long {2hrs is cut time or else it messes with her night sleep} but her being sick has really knocked her down.
    Humidifier is working great! She sounds so much better.

We've decided we're just biting the bullet and doing her closet in the next month. We got 5 bags of clothes 1 is 12m, 2 are 18m and 2 are 24m/2T and it's caused so much clutter!
    I'm also finally mailing a broken toy back to toys r us and we'll be getting her gate soon.

My entire house feels like we need to do X to do Y but can't do Y until we get Z *head desk*
  • Options
    Nothing new here. 
    BFF arrives on Friday with her BF. Saturday we are going to brunch, which here is code for flat fee, unlimited alcohol for 4 hours plus food. It is a true UAE experience, lol. Sunday -Thursday, sightseeing and such. DH's birthday falls in the middle of their visit so they agreed to baby sit so we can go out for dinner. BFF and her BF leave Thursday night/Friday morning so it will be a quick trip. Then back to real life.
  • Options
    sorry to hear about your uncle :( 
  • Options
    Is anyone else getting 2nd wind of summer?
    This weekend is suppose to be warm. I'm gonna see if my mum is free one day and maybe entertain the idea of a splashpad since I saw one open this past weekend. Worse case scenario, we just go to the park.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    We're going to Disney next week and have been operating on the assumption it opens at 9am. Yep it opens at 8am - I'm glad I looked it up myself instead of trusting my H! Makes sense then on why when we saw fast passes some were at like 8am and we didn't choose it because we figured it was only open for special tickets. whoops

FWIW, I hear if you get in for rope drop then that's your "Free fast pass" so booking them for slightly later in the morning can actually be more advantageous because that's when the crowds show up. 
  • Options
    Yea that is the plan! I think the FP we saw was for a Mickey meet and greet type thing which we will do anyway so no biggie. It works great for us bc we are early risers and baby B will be in meltdown mode sometime in the afternoon so I won't feel bad leaving knowing we got started at 8am.
  • Options
    I'm just really having to grind at work.  I don't know why I've been in such a slump.  Trying to figure it out.  Also, I'm up to 4 people who have reached out ask WTF about my local Pride.  And from the complaints I'm hearing, the structure that was built over 3 years has been completely hazed, going back to what it was before I took over...which was a clusterfuck, TBH.  Oh well, not my monkeys, no my circus, and I still don't want it to be.

Someone send motivation.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I know it probably sounds odd, but I had an issue with motivation etc at work. I couldn't figure it out, so I spoke to my dr. It ended up being a mix of depression, anxiety and overwhelmed but dr said since I was already on meds it was just hitting me in a different way than normal. Adjusted meds recently and it's been smoother sailing. She also referred me to a counselor to help figure out how to balance things better. {lists ... she gave me different listing methods, still in progress of figuring out what method works though}
  • Options
    This weekend is suppose to be warm. I'm gonna see if my mum is free one day and maybe entertain the idea of a splashpad since I saw one open this past weekend. Worse case scenario, we just go to the park.
    Yeah I was forced to shave my legs today. 

• Options
    Yeah I was forced to shave my legs today. 
    Meh - I'm still holding off!  

But we've eaten outside every night since last Thursday.   Tonight we are home but I'm anticipating outdoor dining Thursday thru Sunday and I'm pushing DH for a post-church boat ride on Sunday too.   
  • Options
    Feel better soon BabyKitten!  That sounds like an awesome day @OliveOilsMom
    I assumed Disney opened at 9 too @kvruns...have a great time!

Couldn't tell the school director that I'm leaving.  I didn't punk out.  She was leaving at 9am to the airport: she and her H were flying to LA (were in NY) for a wedding from 4-8pm then flying home at 10, to come back to work tomorrow.  So maybe I'll tell her tomorrow when she's nice and jetlagged?  I'm going in a bit late tomorrow too, my son has some evals for his special education case.
  • Options
    Casadena - Sorry about your uncle.  
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger Fall just has a lot of history for me at this point.  Right about now is where I started to blow my former marriage up 4 years ago now and this time last year is when I was starting to reach my limits with my community work and ended up resigning in October.  K and I have had a pretty ugly fight that we're still working through and I know we'll get there, it's just up and down for me at this point.  And I haven't had a vacation in forever (which is my own fault b/c when i got super depressed last fall, i ripped through my PTO).  It's just a culmination of life stuff and my natural rhythms.

I am planning a trip to Vegas in May and a weekend trip in October out.  And I've started created a calendar for at home work similar to what I use at work.  I operate better under a schedule, so I'm trying to make one that is relaxed enough to work, but structured enough to keep me relaxed about everything, if that makes sense.  :smiley: Thank you.  :)
  • Options
    @VarunaTT sounds like it's a build up <3 hugs and vibes you can take some 'self care' time soon. Although that trip sounds lovely :) {both}

@mrsconn23 Hugs <3