Wedding Woes

Thursday!

NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited September 2019 in Wedding Woes
I’m so ready for this week to be over. Work has been a bear and I’m still trying to wade through emails. 

On a positive note: I get to go back to Ohio and see my family this weekend. I’m so excited! 

H and I started watching “Love After Lock Up” last night. Have any of you watched it? It’s some next level dysfunction. 

Re: Thursday!

• Work has been insanely busy and my calendar is booked solid from 10:30 until the end of the day. 

H and I had a fight about the floors the night before last so last night he felt really bad for being a big dummy and we had ice cream for dinner and he bought me a plant and I went to bed super early.

• Please sent coffee and help.
    Idk if it's teeth or she just didn't wanna sleep but BabyKitten just didn't wanna sleep last night! I had a total of 4hrs - 3hrs and then M came down and sent me back to bed for an hour.

I've asked M to check her mouth because I'm not convinced it's not teething. She's had a rough time with the molars.
  • We have a cookout with our scout pack tonight.  DH and FIL are apparently going to get the boat tomorrow.  They want to try to get out on a lake close to us on Saturday to test the boat out and whatnot.  It's supposed to be really nice. 

Other than that, just waiting for the week to end.  Work has calmed down.  

DH and I are the worst about putting up laundry.  I finally took the time last night to put my shit away that was all over my room, and I feel so much better now.  Plus, I have clothes to choose from instead picking the same shit off my floor.  ;)

Oh and my coworker shared this very stream-of-consciousness e-mail from a member that made no sense and all the sense at the same time.  It was a mood, for sure.  And it close with 'coffee and papers' and you know what dude?  Saaammmeee.  :D 

Prudie day.  w00t. 
  • Busy season at my job is in full swing and I'm already over it. The only good thing about it is that it will make the second half of my pregnancy go by in a flash. The first half felt like an eternity.

This weekend will be full of family again for the 3rd weekend in a row. Saturday night we're having the inlaws down for dinner and a fire because my FIL has been complaining that he hasn't gotten to see our dogs in so long (they can't go to my inlaws house anymore because their dog will try to kill my dogs). Sunday is my nephew's football game at noon. I feel bad for H because this is the 3rd week in a row that he won't be able to watch the Bills game but my parents and nephew will be crushed if he doesn't come with me. I'm looking forward to our anniversary next weekend the excuse to sit around and do nothing.
  • I had a random vacation day yesterday but, unfortunately, ended up not feeling that great and didn't get much done.

I did get my most important thing done at least.  I went to the second phase hearing for trying to appeal the property tax assessment on my new duplexes.  I didn't get a decision...though the letter had said I wouldn't, it will be mailed by Oct. 31st...but the guy I met with seemed to hear what I was saying and paid a lot of attention to both recent purchase price and the appraisals I had.  Both of which are my STRONG evidence that they have those properties way too high, considering their poor condition.

I was also "in and out" quick!  I even showed up 20 minutes early for my appointment, but was seen right away.  Stopped at the bank on my way home.  I did all that and, even including driving time, was back home in one hour.

I'm planning to take another vacation day tomorrow, but will need to really put my nose to the grindstone today, to achieve that.  Because, of course, s**t blew up yesterday at work.  So now I need to take care of all this unexpected stuff, on top of my usual extra busy day (sigh).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Please sent coffee and help.
    Idk if it's teeth or she just didn't wanna sleep but BabyKitten just didn't wanna sleep last night! I had a total of 4hrs - 3hrs and then M came down and sent me back to bed for an hour.

I've asked M to check her mouth because I'm not convinced it's not teething. She's had a rough time with the molars.
    Oh I've been there.   Is she a hungry kiddo?  I know that you aren't "supposed" to feed baby at night but sometimes that helped settle Chiquita when ibuprofen didn't work.   Is she going to sleep but waking up screaming or not going down at all?  Are you trying ibuprofen still?  Any frozen teethers for her chompers?  Do you have Sophie? 
  • banana468 said:
    Please sent coffee and help.

Oh I've been there.   Is she a hungry kiddo?  I know that you aren't "supposed" to feed baby at night but sometimes that helped settle Chiquita when ibuprofen didn't work.   Is she going to sleep but waking up screaming or not going down at all?  Are you trying ibuprofen still?  Any frozen teethers for her chompers?  Do you have Sophie? 
    Didn't try food. If it happens again, I'll offer snacks. We do still give her bottle with whole milk
    We gave Motrin at 1am. Helped a bit - that was the 3hrs I got, from 1am - 4am

4am she just didn't wanna go back down. I let her scream for awhile - thinking it's just attention because she was settling, then when she realized I was putting her to bed, NOPE! - and it's not ear infection because we just had her looked at with dr. Also she's not showing any signs since.

Yes teether. We always keep the in freezer {so much easier} and we have 2 diff kinds. I've taken to if she wakes up in middle of the night and can't have motrin, I'll help her settle with a bottle then put her in bed with a teether. Both silicone as she seems to prefer that kind. She is doing the bite-&-pull so maybe canines moving again.
  • I’m helping FSIL get their place ready for FBIL’s surprise 40th bday party on Sunday. I think we’ll have to make a Costco run as well. At some point today I have to go shopping and make food for work this weekend. Other than that SSDD. 

• We saw Star Trek last night and it was ok, for a non-ST fan like myself.  There were times where they could have cut the movie, there was a 10 minute scene of Kirk and Scotty flying around the Enterprise in a pod and Kirk just had this big grin.  Ok, we get it, he really loves the ship and is happy to be captaining it again!  

I had to get DD up and to daycare by myself, since H had to work early.  Normally not a big deal, but I had to time it with the siding crew.  Nothing crazy for work today, so that is a bonus.

Bring on Prudie!
  • banana468 said:
    Please sent coffee and help.

Didn't try food. If it happens again, I'll offer snacks. We do still give her bottle with whole milk
    We gave Motrin at 1am. Helped a bit - that was the 3hrs I got, from 1am - 4am

4am she just didn't wanna go back down. I let her scream for awhile - thinking it's just attention because she was settling, then when she realized I was putting her to bed, NOPE! - and it's not ear infection because we just had her looked at with dr. Also she's not showing any signs since.

Yes teether. We always keep the in freezer {so much easier} and we have 2 diff kinds. I've taken to if she wakes up in middle of the night and can't have motrin, I'll help her settle with a bottle then put her in bed with a teether. Both silicone as she seems to prefer that kind. She is doing the bite-&-pull so maybe canines moving again.
    One other question: is she put down to sleep originally or does she settle?  Have you tried an earlier bedtime?  I know it sounds incongruous but some parents have had luck getting kiddo down earlier.

Also, does she have gas?  Is the whole milk processing OK?  I know Chiquita now has been so constipated she's puked and the digestion issues started at a young age.  She may hate laying down if her belly hurts too.  
  • I think I started love after lockup... i did do all those girls incarcerated shows on netflix.  Very interesting. 

So Salem MA is my favorite town.  We have a shoot booked here when we go:
    https://www.witchpix.com/

But someone in my salem group advertised inexpensive photography shoots.  It’ll be a bit more than this but we’re talking $10.  I’m wondering if witchpix may be too juvenile for just as a couple.  WWYD?  Photos in our favorite spots in town or witchpix?

• @banana468 We tried moving her bedtime earlier when she had to start getting up at 7am during the week, but she just isn't tired. She goes to bed at 8pm - like that's the outside number. Whether she is asleep, or almost asleep, 8:10pm we are going upstairs to bed.

She's a good burper, and sometimes I rub her belly to make sure it's not bugging her. I also vaguely pat her back after bottle as she settles on me when I take her to bed/nap. Her poops are normal - despite what we thought because 'bunny turds' are what we describe them as lmao - and really only time she pukes is because her hand is in her mouth or she starts coughing while lying on her belly.

She's a belly sleeper, so if her stomach hurt I would imagine she'd move? I always put her down on her back and she rolls when she wants.

I'm hoping this is just a phase :\ 
  • @OliveOilsMom
    SIAB
    We asked the dr, and likely she's having a rough time with molars. Often they'll move, and stop, move a bit .... then stop. I honestly wish they'd just power through :( 
    If she settles quick, I just give bottle and bring her back up. Often with a teether if she's somewhat awake. Seems to often help her settle. I also try to not let her down and play. If she's awake and doesn't settle and I have to give up and let her play, I shut down all her toys so she can't let anything make noise. To be noted we keep the lights out and t.v low to keep down stim

It 100% could be attention, and I may see if M can be with her at some point this weekend to test it out. Downside is unless she's screaming - he doesn't wake up. Idk how t.f he sleeps through it lol
    If she's puked or had a blow out, I would 1000% be getting M outta bed to help.
  • @banana468 We tried moving her bedtime earlier when she had to start getting up at 7am during the week, but she just isn't tired. She goes to bed at 8pm - like that's the outside number. Whether she is asleep, or almost asleep, 8:10pm we are going upstairs to bed.

She's a good burper, and sometimes I rub her belly to make sure it's not bugging her. I also vaguely pat her back after bottle as she settles on me when I take her to bed/nap. Her poops are normal - despite what we thought because 'bunny turds' are what we describe them as lmao - and really only time she pukes is because her hand is in her mouth or she starts coughing while lying on her belly.

She's a belly sleeper, so if her stomach hurt I would imagine she'd move? I always put her down on her back and she rolls when she wants.

I can tell you that we didn't know what was going on w/ DD until we brought her to the doc who felt who backed up she was.   But hopefully it's a phase.   They suck. 
  • banana468 said:
    @banana468 We tried moving her bedtime earlier when she had to start getting up at 7am during the week, but she just isn't tired. She goes to bed at 8pm - like that's the outside number. Whether she is asleep, or almost asleep, 8:10pm we are going upstairs to bed.

I can tell you that we didn't know what was going on w/ DD until we brought her to the doc who felt who backed up she was.   But hopefully it's a phase.   They suck. 
    I'm partly wondering if it's the 15m sleep regression .... i may have to do research
  • Ditto giving her less attention @MissKittyDanger.  My H did nothing but if I begged he'd go in and mine would stop, they didn't want him they wanted me.  Easier said than done for some of us but try sending your H in..it's an exhausting phase! 

DS had some evals this morning...got into work at 11:30 when I'd promised to arrive by 11...didn't seem like the best time to give notice   :#

• what is this trading off at night time you all mention  :tired_face:

MKD whatever it is I hope you can get to the bottom of it and get her back to normal sleeping.