Getting in Shape

9 months to wedding

Hi fellow, past, and future brides! I just said yes to the dress yesterday but I want to feel better in my dress for my first fitting in Jan/Feb. I haven’t been the best about my diet lately but I do exercise at least 5x a week (running and HIIT). I would like to have my arms look more toned as well. Any brides have input on what worked/didn’t work? Pure Barre? Meeting with a trainer? I have My Fitness Pal which has been really helpful but I don’t want to get crazy. I still would like to enjoy a nice glass of wine and dinner out from time to time without feeling guilt. My goal would be to lose 10-15 pounds. Thanks, all!

Re: 9 months to wedding

• Hi fellow, past, and future brides! I just said yes to the dress yesterday but I want to feel better in my dress for my first fitting in Jan/Feb. I haven’t been the best about my diet lately but I do exercise at least 5x a week (running and HIIT). I would like to have my arms look more toned as well. Any brides have input on what worked/didn’t work? Pure Barre? Meeting with a trainer? I have My Fitness Pal which has been really helpful but I don’t want to get crazy. I still would like to enjoy a nice glass of wine and dinner out from time to time without feeling guilt. My goal would be to lose 10-15 pounds. Thanks, all!
    Hi!  10-15 pounds by February is a realistic goal.  Just bear in mind you have some big holidays in that time frame as well.  You will need to maintain that loss after the fitting as well, obviously.   I really like Fitness Blender for finding customized areas of concentration.  

Sounds like you are in the exciting phase of your wedding planning!  Enjoy!
  • I see that the question was asked a long time ago, but maybe someone has the same one. I also wanted to lose weight before the wedding, our wedding assumed that I would have a dress with open arms and shoulders. In order not to worry too much about my arms (they look normal, but from many angles they seem to be thick, even when I weighed 50 kg) I chose a dress with detachable sleeves. It was just a lifesaver! I also needed to hide the double chin that appears as soon as I tilt my head down. A voluminous hairstyle will help here.