Attire & Accessories Forum

Mismatched bridesmaids... what about groomsmen?

I'm at a total loss! My bridesmaids are all in different styles/cuts but all in long dresses. They're wearing gold, rose gold, blush, and champagne. I want the guys in navy blue, but I'm just at a loss what else to do with them. What color tie, shirt, pocket square, shoes.... Halp!

Re: Mismatched bridesmaids... what about groomsmen?

• You could have them all wear a white shirt.  Perhaps you could coordinate their ties with the color of the dresses of the BM's. Maybe you can find a patterned tie with hues of all the colors your BM's are wearing.   Please do not dictate the shoes of your GM.  No one will care or notice the shoes! 
  • I would ask them to wear a navy suit of their choosing, and then either ask them to pick a tie and pocket square in one of the colors of BM dresses or just buy the ties in matching colors for them. It's not hard to find solid ties in any color of the rainbow. For shirt they should wear white. Don't dictate shoes; they don't matter. 
  • Agree with white shirts and ties and pocket squares in the same colors as the bridesmaids' dresses. Any of those colors should look nice with a navy suit. 

Don't require a specific shoe for the groomsmen. No one is going to be looking at their feet. On a side note, I wouldn't recommend requiring a specific shoe for bridesmaids either.
  • Leave the shoes out of this for the groomsmen AND the bridesmaids!  Comfortable should be the only shoe requirement!  

Navy blue suit, white/ivory shirt, and give them the color list for ties to choose from...
  • Totally agree. I already told my bridemaids whatever shoes they want and are comfortable in, especially since it's a very long day. Groomsmen... I honestly don't care what shoes/ belt they wear but my fiancé is freaking out about their shoes matching lol He's big into shoes/boots so I understand where he's coming from.
  • Totally agree. I already told my bridemaids whatever shoes they want and are comfortable in, especially since it's a very long day. Groomsmen... I honestly don't care what shoes/ belt they wear but my fiancé is freaking out about their shoes matching lol He's big into shoes/boots so I understand where he's coming from.
    You have the right attitude!  Shoes are a non issue!  Ask your FI to describe the shoes worn by the groomsmen at the last wedding he attended ;-)

• MobKaz said:
    Totally agree. I already told my bridemaids whatever shoes they want and are comfortable in, especially since it's a very long day. Groomsmen... I honestly don't care what shoes/ belt they wear but my fiancé is freaking out about their shoes matching lol He's big into shoes/boots so I understand where he's coming from.
    You have the right attitude!  Shoes are a non issue!  Ask your FI to describe the shoes worn by the groomsmen at the last wedding he attended ;-)

This!  It's one thing to request "Wing tips" or "brown" or "patent", but absolutely nothing more than that!  Properly fit shoes that are comfortable should be the only priority there!