Wedding Woes

Friday

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited October 2019 in Wedding Woes
I'm so glad it's the end of the week.  I think I must be part bear, b/c my body really, Really, REALLY wants to just sleep right now.  We did not make it to Malificent, b/c K had homework and I went to bed at 8:30.  I slept the whole night too and was dragging this morning.  

I'm going to a high school football game tonight.  It's my old neighbor's son, who I have known since he was...maybe 9?  Anyway, he's a senior now and looking all adult and IDK where the hell he thinks he can look all grown and stuff.  :smiley:  But I wanted to make it to one of his games since he's varsity and a senior, so tonight is the night.  His mother is a good friend, but she is the booster mom from hell and I'm just glad that she apparently broke the cow bell at the last game.  No word yet if she has replaced it or not.  K is headed to a roller derby workshop out of town, so it'll just be my float and movies tomorrow.  We'll catch Malificent this weekend and I can report back.  I'm most excited about Zombieland 2 though.

Wassup for everyone else?

Re: Friday

• Sounds like a nice weekend Varuna - have fun!

My parents are coming in tonight and we have a family friend's wedding tomorrow.  4 hour gap, ceremony in the burbs, reception in the city, not even a full mass (totally fine, but then why make everyone trek to the burbs to get married at a basilica and then not have a full mass...just weird to me).  Trying to figure out logistics for that and if public transport, driving, coming home in between, etc makes the most sense.  The food should be fabulous though and since I can't drink right now, I'm super excited about that. 

Parents are also bringing some furniture for us that we bought last time we visited them (IL taxes are a bitch, and I avoid it for large purchases as much as possible).   So it will be nice to finally have that stuff too!

We're visiting a backup daycare/school this afternoon just to make sure we have a couple options in case the perfectly located-wonderful curriculum-reasonably priced-unicorn school in our neighborhood doesn't have openings when I go back work.  
  • FSIL and I ended up hanging out and having drinks last night. We did a scary movie marathon, then I started writing a scary story, freaked myself out, and couldn’t fall asleep until two am. Oops. I had some super weird dreams too. During one of them, Jack-o-Lanterns came to life and started eating children and cats. So Clint Eastwood (no idea why, or where he came from?) helped me save some kids in his Camaro. We went back to his house where we had to figure out food rations to support the kids and pets we had rescued. Then we robbed a local farm store that had been taken over by the pumpkins. It was a really weird dream. I think my takeaway should be that I need even more pumpkin spice things in my life. 

More party prep today. Trying to decide if I can do an hour of stairmaster to get it out of the way or if I should stick with the elliptical. If I don’t do the stairmaster today I’ll have to do it tomorrow and my heart’s not in it either way. Blah. 

• Today is the fall fest at the kids' school.   They will love it and there's a book fair so hopefully I can have luck steering them towards books and not things that are also sold at the book fair like pens, wands, books with rocks, books with locks and books with arts and crafts. 

Then tomorrow Chiquita has soccer, Chiquito has a birthday party and the kids have a sleepover at the ILs while DH and I go to a party at our friends' house.   Sunday should be low key.
  • banana468 said:
    Today is the fall fest at the kids' school.   They will love it and there's a book fair so hopefully I can have luck steering them towards books and not things that are also sold at the book fair like pens, wands, books with rocks, books with locks and books with arts and crafts. 
    Oh my, I looooooooooooooooved the book fair as a kid.  Total truth:  I always subscribed to the Previews when I was ordering comics (basically a catalog of upcoming comics by company) b/c the catalog was made of that same paper the book fair catalog was and I had such fond memories associated with that smell.  
  • Good luck @climbingwife, you've got this!

I was wiped out yesterday by some weird stomach bug - felt nauseous all day and joints ached. I was in bed almost the whole day. Still not feeling 100% but the aches are gone. I just don't feel like eating anything - very unusual for me LOL! Just finished cleaning the kitchen and am going to take dinner to a friend who had surgery last month. 

Weekend should be pretty low key. Hopefully some yard work will get accomplished.
  • VarunaTT said:
    banana468 said:
    Today is the fall fest at the kids' school.   They will love it and there's a book fair so hopefully I can have luck steering them towards books and not things that are also sold at the book fair like pens, wands, books with rocks, books with locks and books with arts and crafts. 
    Oh my, I looooooooooooooooved the book fair as a kid.  Total truth:  I always subscribed to the Previews when I was ordering comics (basically a catalog of upcoming comics by company) b/c the catalog was made of that same paper the book fair catalog was and I had such fond memories associated with that smell.  
    Chiquita is PUMPED for the book fair.   Chiquito doesn't know what he's doing yet but he's still singing "B-L-U-E spells blue" to the melody of "Farmer In The Dell" so he'll see what's going on tonight.  
  • I'm so glad it's [almost] the weekend. This week has been rough. Tonight we're going out with my stupid SIL and BIL. I kind of low key hate DH's sister, but he likes to spend time with her. Hopefully the colder weather and busy tomorrow will make for an early night. I'd so much rather stay here on the couch by the fire place.

Tomorrow we're going to the playoff soccer game. It just kind of worked out that quite a few of our friends will be there, so we'll probably go early and tailgate. Then I'm hoping one of the friends will do a fire afterwards. Sunday is supposed to be really nice out, so we'll probably do a hike and lunch out with the pup. Then on to this mountain of laundry.

We booked a cabin in the mountains for the end of the month. It's seemed like it's so far off, but I realized this morning that it's only 2 weeks away. So will also need to get started planning for that, since we need some colder weather stuff that we haven't used this year. 
  • You’re going to rock the Tough Mudder @climbingwife

• Casadena said:
    Sounds like a nice weekend Varuna - have fun!

My parents are coming in tonight and we have a family friend's wedding tomorrow.  4 hour gap, ceremony in the burbs, reception in the city, not even a full mass (totally fine, but then why make everyone trek to the burbs to get married at a basilica and then not have a full mass...just weird to me).  Trying to figure out logistics for that and if public transport, driving, coming home in between, etc makes the most sense.  The food should be fabulous though and since I can't drink right now, I'm super excited about that. 

Parents are also bringing some furniture for us that we bought last time we visited them (IL taxes are a bitch, and I avoid it for large purchases as much as possible).   So it will be nice to finally have that stuff too!

We're visiting a backup daycare/school this afternoon just to make sure we have a couple options in case the perfectly located-wonderful curriculum-reasonably priced-unicorn school in our neighborhood doesn't have openings when I go back work.  
    bring back any good stories!

Does the daycare not have you put down a deposit to hold your spot? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    Enjoy @climbingwife you will do great!

Hope you're all better now @ILoveBeachMusic

• kvruns said:
    Casadena said:
    Sounds like a nice weekend Varuna - have fun!

bring back any good stories!

Does the daycare not have you put down a deposit to hold your spot? 
    Absolutely will bring stories!

There's an application fee and we are on a wait list - but they don't require a deposit until we actually get an acceptance (which we won't get until they can guarantee a spot).  
  • Good luck @climbingwife!!! 

Things are good; I skipped the gym this morning for a little BCBC and it was definitely the right choice. 

I’m seeing Come From Away tonight with my mom and I’m super excited. Still have to find a place for dinner but should be a good time. A friend of mine saw it Wednesday and said it was great! 

H is taking off today and Monday to (hopefully, finally) be almost done with the floors! I can’t wait to have real floors again. 
  • @charlotte989875 I know someone that also saw Come Far Away this week and she said she loved it. 
  • Last night was a typical night in for us.  I did get the dishes done, so that was a big check box marked off my list!  We still haven't purchased the part to fix the dishwasher, so I have been washing them by hand and I'm over it!

DD is on day 3 in a row of naps at daycare!  I praised her like crazy on Wednesday and gave her a book as a special surprise for taking that nap.  Then she napped Thurs and again today!  She is so much better in the evenings with that nap!  I hope this carries over to next week.

Not sure what is up with the weekend, but we will be continuing our final touches projects around the house.  We still have some molding to install in the bathroom and I got the second coat of paint on this morning.  H wants to go to the Amish mart tomorrow since they have great coupons for this weekend.  I'd like to stop at a new store called At Home, they have lots of decor and I'm interested to see what type of stuff they have.

Lastly, it took me until almost 11 AM to realize I had two different shoes on this morning.  And no, I didn't get dressed in the dark!  I have no clue how I did it!  I didn't even do that when I was pregnant and couldn't see my feet!
  • I'd like to stop at a new store called At Home, they have lots of decor and I'm interested to see what type of stuff they have.
    At Home is like the Costco/Sams of the decor world.  I get overwhelmed in there.  Their Christmas stuff will be out by now too.  I really like the store, but I tend to go in there for specific things so I don't get overwhelmed.  Big pieces tend to be priced decently, but if there's a smallish home decor you like, do some comparison shopping first, sometimes they're way marked up.  But decorative pillows are significantly cheaper, along with some other stuffs.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2019
    So. Bleeping. Tired.

tonight I have some amazon returns to make and then H and I are going to some haunted museum type thing.  Probably dinner too.  Tomorrow I have a massage, shopping, hopefully get a new phone, finish my costume sewing and then a halloween party at night.  Sunday pumpkin patch if H is t working.

i LOVED book fair! Our catalog was just on thin paper but I loved looking for new books.  Especially Sept/Oct when the spooky books came out.

@levioosa that is some dream!  
    @VarunaTT not sure what I want to see first.  Malificent or ZL untapped.... hopefully we get to see both.  I have a busy week coming up. 

• Last night was a typical night in for us.  I did get the dishes done, so that was a big check box marked off my list!  We still haven't purchased the part to fix the dishwasher, so I have been washing them by hand and I'm over it!

DD is on day 3 in a row of naps at daycare!  I praised her like crazy on Wednesday and gave her a book as a special surprise for taking that nap.  Then she napped Thurs and again today!  She is so much better in the evenings with that nap!  I hope this carries over to next week.

Not sure what is up with the weekend, but we will be continuing our final touches projects around the house.  We still have some molding to install in the bathroom and I got the second coat of paint on this morning.  H wants to go to the Amish mart tomorrow since they have great coupons for this weekend.  I'd like to stop at a new store called At Home, they have lots of decor and I'm interested to see what type of stuff they have.

Lastly, it took me until almost 11 AM to realize I had two different shoes on this morning.  And no, I didn't get dressed in the dark!  I have no clue how I did it!  I didn't even do that when I was pregnant and couldn't see my feet!
    My H and I lived in the same rental house for over 5 years without a dishwasher.  It wasn't too bad and we tolerated.  But when I started hunting for my own home, a dishwasher...or at least somewhere to put one...was my #1 "must have" dealbreaker item, lol.

As in, if I found the perfect house at the right price, but there was no spot for a dishwasher?  Then I'd be ripping out all the lower kitchen cabinets to MAKE a spot, lol.

As it turned out, my personal home had a spot for a dishwasher.  There was even a dishwasher there when I bought the house.  But the first time we went to use it, womp-womp.  It was broken.  Craig's List to the rescue.  A flipper was remodeling a house and selling the kitchen appliances.  I bought the dishwasher for $100 and the gas stove (that I put on my home's rental side) for $150.  It's over 8 years later and both of those appliances are still running fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My H and I lived in the same rental house for over 5 years without a dishwasher.  It wasn't too bad and we tolerated.  But when I started hunting for my own home, a dishwasher...or at least somewhere to put one...was my #1 "must have" dealbreaker item, lol.

As in, if I found the perfect house at the right price, but there was no spot for a dishwasher?  Then I'd be ripping out all the lower kitchen cabinets to MAKE a spot, lol.

As it turned out, my personal home had a spot for a dishwasher.  There was even a dishwasher there when I bought the house.  But the first time we went to use it, womp-womp.  It was broken.  Craig's List to the rescue.  A flipper was remodeling a house and selling the kitchen appliances.  I bought the dishwasher for $100 and the gas stove (that I put on my home's rental side) for $150.  It's over 8 years later and both of those appliances are still running fine!
    @short+sassy - My first house did not have a dishwasher.  It was much different the first few years when it was just me.  Then H joined me and it still wasn't so bad.  But I guess when we moved to the bigger house and had the dishwasher, the dirty dishes just started multiplying!  And I swear DD just quadrupled the amount of dishes on her own!

@short+sassy - My first house did not have a dishwasher.  It was much different the first few years when it was just me.  Then H joined me and it still wasn't so bad.  But I guess when we moved to the bigger house and had the dishwasher, the dirty dishes just started multiplying!  And I swear DD just quadrupled the amount of dishes on her own!
    I've never had children, much less babies/toddlers.  But, from what I've heard, the sheer volume of exponential laundry, food, dishes, and messes from such tiny creatures is unbelievable, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker