Wedding Woes

New Years - resolutions/plans

So I know not everyone makes resolutions, but people try.

Who's going to try? Bonus points if you have plan on how to get to your resolution.

My resolutions:

- take more photos while out
- try to be off social media more
- be outside more {in nice weather}
- date night/afternoon with M every 2 months {whatever is free with in-laws or my mum to watch BabyKitten}
- accept that I can't do everything myself/push M to do more

Plus a side thing would be to complete our house to-do's for 2020

Re: New Years - resolutions/plans

• Eat more fish. I always try to make my New Years resolution to do more of something I like!
    I like the idea of doing more of something you like. It's almost like a guarantee to do it since you already enjoy it :)
  • I would like to try and get into running.  I've always wanted to be a better runner, but it's so hard for me to get in the habit.  So after baby comes and I'm cleared for workouts again, I'd like to sign up for a couple of 5K's next summer and work toward those!
  • I am resolving to be patient and to start the new decade of my life (big 4-0 in 2020) with healthier habits. 
  • Resolutions:
    Do something active every day 
    Complete more projects around the house 
    Hang up/put away my clothes every day (this is something small, but I tend to be lazy about) 
    See more plays, Broadway shows, visit more museums. 

As for plans, I believe we're staying in NYE, and going up to the resort we were married at for New Year's Day. We'll do brunch and maybe massages. 
  • I want to start using my rowing machine at least every weekday morning.  

I'm going to continue my mostly vegan diet.  I really do feel better when I cut out dairy and it's obvious, so I need to continue it.

Continue to cut down into no smoking.  I'm at 0-4/day, it's just quitting the daily before/after work that's been really hard.  I don't even smoke at home at all or on the weekends, so it's literally the drive to work/from work that I'm having a problem breaking.

Get my PTO back up, save for a real vacation when K finishes school and gets their job worked out.

Get our apartment cleaned out of donating stuff and start working on making it a home.

Plans for NYE:  we're going to this cooking/eating class at a local bakery.  Menu:  South African sweet-hot pork belly and hazelnut-mushroom pate for appetizers, then move on to seafood bisque, roasted brussels sprouts, hasselback potatoes, garlic shrimp and a glorious standing rib roast. For dessert, a decadent champagne-raspberry mille feuille. Bring your favorite bottle of bubbly!

Then we're going home to watch the ball drop with our very Very VERY favorite Billy Porter hosting.  I keep checking with K that they don't want to go out out for NYE, but they insist they're fine with it.
  • Resolutions:
    Do something active every day 
    Complete more projects around the house 
    Hang up/put away my clothes every day (this is something small, but I tend to be lazy about) 
    See more plays, Broadway shows, visit more museums. 

As for plans, I believe we're staying in NYE, and going up to the resort we were married at for New Year's Day. We'll do brunch and maybe massages. 
    @climbingwife, I'm just going to quote you because my first three are almost the same, lol.

--Though I am going to expand more on the hanging/putting clothes away every day to putting EVERYTHING in its proper place each day!

--And add: More meals at home and cooking/prepping healthier foods.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is so sad but I’d really like to get into the habit of making my bed every morning. I’m doing a pretty good job exercising 4-6x a week so I’ll keep that up. But I would like to eat healthier and avoid door dash more. I think it will be easier now that I have a full time job. I’ve needed a way to really get into a routine. 

• We're having New Year's with DH's step-grandma.  She's coming to stay with us for a few days.  

My resolutions are to just spend more time with family, challenge my creativity where my strengths lie, stop taking long breaks from exercise for dumb reasons, and try to make purchases with intention (especially clothes/accessories) vs. out of boredom. 

• We call NYE an amateur party day. I refuse to get out in all that mess, so we'll probably stay home and cook a nice dinner and watch movies. 

I'll also be turning 40 this year, so my resolutions are more related to that. Not really a resolution, but decided to let my hair go to its natural color, because 40 means I'm probably going to start getting grey soon. Also, I want to get back into working out regularly, but I already started that. 
  • Damn, how many of us are turning 40 next year?? So far, me, @banana468 and @MyNameIsNot
  • -use my gym membership.  Not setting “getting buff or fit or toned or lose weight” as goals. Just get out there and join the classes 4x a week.  What happens from it happens from it. 
    -travel more - even if it means alone

my 40th was this year!  Been there.  Done that.  😀

we’ll be at a comedy club nye

• -use my gym membership.  Not setting “getting buff or fit or toned or lose weight” as goals. Just get out there and join the classes 4x a week.  What happens from it happens from it. 

This is ME!

I need to do these things...plus the eating better...with the goal to just be healthier.  It's really hard not to have losing weight as the goal.  But I already know I won't and that's what sucks the motivation right outta me.

The only time I've ever successfully been able to lose weight is when I went really extreme.  No more than 1,000 calories/day and exercising for at least one hour, at least 5 days/week.  And I was in my early 20s when I did that.  So even that craziness may not work anymore with my mid-40s self.  Nor am I going to subject myself to that again.

I spent an entire year usually eating between 1200-1500 calories/day and I walked for one hour, 4 days/week.  I was in much better shape.  But didn't lose a single pound.  It was really depressing and disheartening.  Plus I was unemployed, so I had that kind of time and energy, lol.

Okay, I'll stop being the Debbie Downer on the Resolutions post!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is ME!

I need to do these things...plus the eating better...with the goal to just be healthier.  It's really hard not to have losing weight as the goal.  But I already know I won't and that's what sucks the motivation right outta me.

The only time I've ever successfully been able to lose weight is when I went really extreme.  No more than 1,000 calories/day and exercising for at least one hour, at least 5 days/week.  And I was in my early 20s when I did that.  So even that craziness may not work anymore with my mid-40s self.  Nor am I going to subject myself to that again.

I spent an entire year usually eating between 1200-1500 calories/day and I walked for one hour, 4 days/week.  I was in much better shape.  But didn't lose a single pound.  It was really depressing and disheartening.  Plus I was unemployed, so I had that kind of time and energy, lol.

I’m at 1,000 after breakfast #2! Lol
    but yeah I hear you - working out doesn’t necessarily mean weight loss for me, but I know I need it and it’s great for me.  Plus, lowers a1c, which is actually another resolution of mine that I forgot about

• My goals for the next year:
    - ride more, 3x a week would be great. I haven't really gotten back into it after having the baby and it's been over a YEAR. Time to get with it. My old trainer is organizing a riding trip in Ireland next August and I would love to get in shape enough to go.

- create a better evening routine for my family. I just put in my notice at my job, so January 1st I will around to make dinner, help with bedtime, etc.

- therapy? I feel like I need it, maybe without a job taking up all my time I will find time to go.

This is ME!

I’m at 1,000 after breakfast #2! Lol
    but yeah I hear you - working out doesn’t necessarily mean weight loss for me, but I know I need it and it’s great for me.  Plus, lowers a1c, which is actually another resolution of mine that I forgot about
    This reminded me of a Pam quote from Archer.  I couldn't find the whole quote in a pic, but I've typed the rest of what I remember below it.

Then Brunch
    Lunch
    Dunch
    Dinner
    Late Dinner
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha!  Didn't see that ep before.  This Pam has been numbering her meals way before that Pam!