Wedding Woes
Options

Before/After Renovation pics

Lease signed now, all monies collected!  Excited my tenant is moving in on Saturday.

A special thanks to all the WW Knotties for listening to my highs and lows on the closing and then the renos.  Mostly b**ching, lol.  With no further ado, here are some of the before/after reno pics:

Exterior Befores, notice the spray painted house numbers.  Classy!:

After, there are real house numbers on it now, lol,this is just a slightly older pic:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Before/After Renovation pics

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2019
    Living Room before, check out that sexy linoleum tile. There were two more layers under it to scrape up.  Fun!/s:

Living Room after, yay new windows and floors!:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Man, I wish you rented here.  :smile:

We keep eyeballing moving into a house, but we just have too many benefits at our price point that we'd lose.  Plus, in running the numbers, we probably wouldn't be saving any money and, depending on rental agreements, could very well end up spending more in housing needs than we do now.
  • Options
    nice job! It is fun to see the before and after
  • Options
    Great job!  Considering everything you had to work with, you got them done pretty quick!  
  • Options
    what a difference!
  • Options
    Looks great!!
  • Options
    What a great change! 

• Options
    I'm going to brag on my H about the kitchen counter tops and backsplash for a sec.  He DIY'ed them and they were super cheap to do.

Their base is plywood.  Then he put thin, stick-on quartz-looking tile.  Then a layer of acrylic.  It cost us about $120 and a few hours of his time.

They're also pretty indestructible and, if damage does happen, it can be fixed with a little sanding down of the old acrylic on the bad spot and then adding more. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What a huge transformation!
    "Gossip is the devil's telephone, best to just hang up."
  • Options
    New flooring is AMAZEballs!

• Options
    WOW!!! Good job! You really turned that place around. 
  • Options
    That’s a TON of work, great job, it looks fantastic!!!
  • Options
    Thanks!  It's actually Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) and is fairly easy to install.  It's also waterproof.  Or, if a section of the floor gets damaged, you can cut out that area and almost seamlessly replace it. 

I found it at Sherwin William Flooring for $2/sq. ft.  They'll also install it for about $1/sq. ft., but we did it ourselves.  Yes, the same Sherwin Williams who is more famously known for paint, lol.  But they also got into flooring a few years ago.  Though I think the flooring stores are usually separate from the paint stores.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  It's actually Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) and is fairly easy to install.  It's also waterproof.  Or, if a section of the floor gets damaged, you can cut out that area and almost seamlessly replace it. 

I found it at Sherwin William Flooring for $2/sq. ft.  They'll also install it for about $1/sq. ft., but we did it ourselves.  Yes, the same Sherwin Williams who is more famously known for paint, lol.  But they also got into flooring a few years ago.  Though I think the flooring stores are usually separate from the paint stores.
    I thought that was what it was! We did this in our old kitchen & bathroom right before we moved; we were able to rip up linoleum and put down the plank and it looked great! 
  • Options
    I love the new closet doors and flooring in the bedroom!!
  • Options

I thought that was what it was! We did this in our old kitchen & bathroom right before we moved; we were able to rip up linoleum and put down the plank and it looked great! 
    Linoleum!  That was the word I meant to use to talk about the old flooring.

We also love wood-look ceramic or porcelain tile.  That stuff is crazy good.  You have to touch it, to tell that it isn't real wood.  We did that for the living room in a different property.  The materials can be found even cheaper than the LVP.  BUT it's more time consuming and labor intensive to install.  Ain't nobody got time for that when we have to replace most of the flooring for four units, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My plan is to redo my kitchen this spring.  I will have to keep this mind, since my floor has a Sudden Pivot that would make tiling difficult.  But maybe the same for this? 

• Options
    My plan is to redo my kitchen this spring.  I will have to keep this mind, since my floor has a Sudden Pivot that would make tiling difficult.  But maybe the same for this? 
    For sure!  You can cut it to whatever you need.  I don't think there is any special tool needed.  I'll try to remember to ask him what they used to cut it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So much fun to look at the before and afters!  It looks amazing.