Wedding Woes

Thursday

Christmas break cannot come soon enough.  DefConn's over it.  DH is over it. I'm over it.  

The 3rd grade program was adorbs.  DefConn had a speaking part and rocked it.  Tonight is our last scouts meeting of the year. 

We are so ready for the end of the day tomorrow.  Not that we don't have a ton of work to do around the house, but at least we're not worried about work-work awhile.  ;)

Prudie coming up.  :D

Re: Thursday

• I’m invested in your envelope saga @banana468 because I just don’t get home they don’t have envelopes. Also, just go take some off the shelf that would fit. 

Had a flat tire this morning and didn’t realize until I got to the gas station. Let me tell you people in my town are super nice; a bunch came over while I was waiting for H to see if I needed help. He then told me to take his truck so I could still get to the gym while he dealt with the flat. He’s a keeper. 

I’m also ready for break. I’ve been here late every night this week and I’m so ready for a week off! 
    Ha!  I need 5 x 7s and they didn't have them yesterday.   I'll take the break and go for a ride. 
  • I'm here, trying to get the few things done I need to to before the end of the day tomorrow since I won't be back in the office until 1/2. Work is squeezing in a mandatory training today from 1-3pm also. Trying to muster the necessary fucks to give, but it's tough.
    "Gossip is the devil's telephone, best to just hang up."
  • Last night M had to drive across the damn city to the airport {1/2hr - 45min each way} because FedEx is stupid.
    He ordered something and since that was the 2nd time, after a failed deliver today it would have returned back to the company. He hates FedEx because they always fuck around like this.

So I was watching BabyKitten, and facetiming my mum because it's just good to have someone help me entertain her since I had just walked in the door when M left.
    I started rewatching a nickelodeon show on netflix called "Victorious" and BabyKitten decided to dance through the theme song - lots of stamps, butt wiggles and arm waving! - and it was just so cute :) It started with her bopping up and down to it then she just really felt the music lol

Literally as I humble bragged about my daycare yesterday, we opened the gifts she got us.
    Bag 1 - unicorn outfit for BabyKitten {she is into unicorns lately apparently}
    Bag 2 - printed photos of her, and some framed. I cried. They are the sweetest. Extra copies to give to family too!
    Bag 3 - the outfit she had her in the photos! Little baby Santa dress .... oh I just wanted to cry, it was so sweet! I was already crying lmao
    I'm gonna put her in it for xmas day. We have a few xmas outfits. Idk if we'll have her in tights or pants for xmas day, but we'll see.

Weirdest bad new yesterday. My uncle's bff and business partner died. 51yrs old!
    What I know: {My uncle is G, his bff who passed is C}

C wasn't feeling well, and went to the hospital. They did heart, stroke, breathing, etc testing. Nothing came back so they couldn't keep him. Told him to follow up with his dr.
    He goes home, books an appt {that was to happen this coming Monday} and the next day he had a seizure. His wife calls 9-1-1 and then calls G. The paramedics are able to keep C breathing, but by the time he goes to hospital he passed.

I know they're ordering an autopsy because they wanna know what happened. Depending on the results, they may go back to the hospital and see wtf happened if it's something they missed.

My grampa will have been gone 15yrs tomorrow {20th} so my uncle is definitely out of doing xmas now :(
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Christmas break cannot come soon enough.  DefConn's over it.  DH is over it. I'm over it.  

The 3rd grade program was adorbs.  DefConn had a speaking part and rocked it.  Tonight is our last scouts meeting of the year. 

We are so ready for the end of the day tomorrow.  Not that we don't have a ton of work to do around the house, but at least we're not worried about work-work awhile.  ;)

Prudie coming up.  :D
    I'm feeling this with you.

Having to create a new work flow at my job.  It's not for any bad reason, I just had a work flow set up for mostly claims work and some litigation; I've transferred into nothing but litigation (my preference) and need to have a work flow more responsive to that.  Went over it with both of my attorneys and they approved of the ideas.

I'm going to see movies tonight, b/c everyone will be seeing Skywalker and I'll be by myself!!  :D  Also, K is out of town most of tonight, then all weekend, so I'm movie bonanza-ing (made up word).   
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2019
    yikes!  So scary @misskittydanger.  Keep us posted on what that was.

@banana468, may the force be with you on this walmart thing.

i, too, cannot wait for the 2.5 days off next week.  Half day on Monday and I already booked a “Black Christmas” viewing after work.  So my sister and I don’t get along to great.  She’s terribly hard to talk to and just takes everything someone (not even me, EVERYONE) says the wrong way... we fought last time I was there.  I love her kids and my nieces love me.  She’s sending me pics of them.  I hate that we’re in two different countries because I’m missing out on so much niece time - and I don’t want to visit her because of the tension.  I especially don’t want to visit her without my parents going (as buffers).  My Dad doesn't seem to have a problem with her but both my mom and bro can be on my side at least and they all say the SAME thing. Ugh. She needs some chill pills, then she’d be OK

• That's awesome @short+sassy sounds like fun and especially being able to do it rather cheaply
  • @short+sassy that is awesome!!! 

H and I did a western Med cruise, and it was wonderful. 
  • I have very exciting news!  

Some of you may remember that Harrah's gave me a certificate for a free (eh, mostly free) Norwegian cruise.  It fortunately came with a broad choice of itineraries but, long story short, my H can't go with me.  So that did damper my enthusiasm; however, I was definitely going to still use it.

All along I was planning to be "practical" with it.  Chose the itinerary that leaves out of NOLA and goes to the Western Caribbean (two stops in Mexico, the DR, and Honduras).

But I kept looking at and thinking about the Western Mediterranean one that leaves out of Barcelona instead.  Me thinking, "But that's crazy, right?  It's so far.  It will be a longer trip, because of the extra travel.  Especially by myself?  And I've never traveled internationally over an ocean before.  Scary, scary!  (only because I haven't done it)."

However, the more I thought about it, the more my thinking turned to, "Jen, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?!?!  A cruise through the Mediterranean...to see parts of Spain, France, and Italy...and all you have to pay is the airfare?  Stop being nervous over nothing and book it already!"  So I did :)!!!!  Squeeeeeee!

Sure, I know I would enjoy the trip more if my H could go.  But it's still going to be an amazing time!  Plus, even though I've already booked the cruise, apparently I can also call them back and still add one person to my stateroom.  So it's possible my cousin or one of my friends might want to go.  I haven't booked my flight yet, but will probably do that in Jan.  I need to figure out dates for that.  I want to have at least a couple "cushion" days, in case something crazy happens with flight delays/cancellations.  Plus it would be nice to have some extra time in Barcelona anyway.

The cruise is a week long and I'm going in May 2020.  It embarks from Barcelona and stops are Majorca, Cannes, Naples, Florence, and Rome.  I am sky-high excited right now, lol.  Especially since it was a last minute change to what I'd been planning to do, so it's still sinking in that...omg, I'm going to Europe!
    I'm going to be in Europe in May too!!!  And Barcelona is one of the cities I might go to ... depends on what my parents decide.  I'm leaving it up to them to choose the last city we visit.  We're doing train and plane.
    Your cruise sounds amazing!

• The cruise sounds awesome @short+sassy !
    The kids' holiday sing-a-long was cute.  Having a productive day off now, wrapping presents, etc.
  • oh man that sounds awesome @short+sassy!  You’ll have a blast!