Wedding Woes
Options

MONDAY before Christmas

Happy Hanukkah!

Who all is around today? 

Re: MONDAY before Christmas

• Options
    Hope you feel better soon @varunatt I never mind working at this time either because the office is always quiet. Here we get to choose either Christmas week or NY week to have as extra PTO so it's even quieter with half the office gone. 
  • Options
    I'm here. All day. It's super slow. 

I managed to fall down the stairs yesterday morning, and man I am in pain. My neck and my shoulder are super sore today. I basically bounced down all the (wood, no carpeting) steps on my back/ass/arms. 
  • Options
    I'm here. All day. It's super slow. 

I managed to fall down the stairs yesterday morning, and man I am in pain. My neck and my shoulder are super sore today. I basically bounced down all the (wood, no carpeting) steps on my back/ass/arms. 
    Ouch, @c@climbingwife!  I'm glad you're okay.  That sounds terrible.
  • Options
    Oh man @climbingwife that super sucks! Fast healing vibes
    @VarunaTT, it’s easier to clean without my H in the house too.  He adds to it, not subtracts.  In fact on Saturday I went to homeaglow and requested someone to come out today.  Sunday I decluttered my place and got it all ready for the cleaning but then got a Friday schedule instead.  Noooo I need this done today.  Guess I’m doing it myself!

• Options
    @VarunaTT & @climbingwife - I hope you feel better soon!  

I'm here all day today but off the rest of the week.  After yesterday, I finally feel like I'm as ready for Christmas as I'll be.  I ran out and picked up groceries and the last things we needed for gifts.  It was crazy busy but most folks seemed to be taking it in stride.  I need to put together a lasagna and a salad tomorrow morning for Christmas eve and Christmas Day.
  • Options
    ouch @climbingwife I hope it is just soreness and not a more serious injury
  • Options
    I'm here, but barely. Busy a.f day :(  But it's because our office is closed until the new year.
    Tomorrow we're open half day, but I'm at a different office for food :)

Busy a.f weekend too -.-'
    Saturday M and I dropped BabyKitten off at MIL and sFIL place. SFIL has her today and tomorrow, so wanted to do some trial run bum change. MIL was there for guidance and hugs {BabyKitten is big on hugs right now lmao}

M and I did groceries without little one - omg the difference! I hadn't eaten really at that point, so near the end I started feeling really sick. When we got home, I just ate chips and had some juice to help. It was probably my blood sugar dropping.
    BabyKitten decided to skip nap - MIL even tried quiet time with a movie and/or book but didn't work. So she crashed on way home.
    Even though it was much later than she'd sleep, we let her sleep for an hour to at least make sure she isn't a crank-pot.

Sunday M had errands to do while I tried to get BabyKitten down for a nap. She went like 20mins early, so I'm glad we didn't go. M literally got home as she was falling asleep and he was surprised she was already down.

Sunday evening - after her nap - we went to my aunt's place for early xmas with my aunt and uncle, nana, cousin and his gf, my mum and her bf.
    I got some good photos from other people, and definitely a good photo with my nana <3 
    My mum got her a card, and she started to cry, so I'm glad I was there helping her since my mum wasn't able to come over right away.
    Keep in mind, this is my dad's side of the family. My nana is my dad's mum. My mum and my nana haven't always had the greatest relationship, but as the years went forward she learned that my mum wasn't the bad guy she basically created in her head.
  • Options
    @climbingwife, I'm also at work all day.  And most of the day tomorrow, possibly all day.  But taking the rest of the week off.  That sounds like a nasty fall!  I hope the pain and soreness subside quickly.

Major rant:
    I am so PO'ed at Entergy right now!  That's our local energy company.  OMG they are the f**king worst.  I called them to turn on the electricity for the next unit we are working on for our rehab.  It was scheduled for Dec. 17th.  Except my H notifies me on Dec. 20th that it still wasn't on.  I don't know why he didn't do it sooner, but whatever.  

Entergy cancelled it!  With NO notification to me at all!  They sent me an e-mail and text confirmation that they were starting service on 12/17/19.  But then cancelled without sending an e-mail/text/call.  Nothing!  The service rep told me she has never seen that code before as to why it was cancelled.  I was on hold for 30+ minutes while she and her supervisor were just trying to get in touch with dispatch to find out what happened.

Supposedly they were there...not so sure I even believe that...and there is "something wrong with the wiring that I need an electrician to look at".  Okay.  WHAT is wrong with the wiring?  WHAT do you all need fixed?  "I don't know, there are no further notes about what is wrong."

Okay.  Well.  I'm not paying an electrician to go out there and fly blind.  Since whomever went out HUGELY dropped the ball.  Didn't take notes.  Didn't even notify me there was a problem.  Can we set up an appointment window, so I can make sure to have somewhere there for the tech to EXPLAIN what you all want.  Since you all didn't do that the first time?  "I'm sorry, but we're too busy to set up appointments like that."

I pushed harder on that, so now someone from that department is going to contact me within the next 24-48 hours.

I also told her that, with our rehab, we've had electrical work done by an electrician.  So I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong.  I was even blunt and said I'm not so sure someone from Entergy even bothered going out.  For all I know, they had a long day and faked their report.  She didn't deny it.  I don't know if she didn't deny it because she knows very well that's the kind of s**t their employees pull sometimes or if she was wise to just not disagree with me that it's a possibility.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    S&S, that's totally ridiculous! I hope you get is straightened out soon. 
  • Options
    Climbing - Ouch!  I hope you feel better quickly!

S+S - That is crazy!  We were just surprised with a $590 gas bill - only gas!  We would have had to use 4 times the normal amount of gas for a bill that high!  So H called this morning and our meter is 10+ years old, so they will replace it and send out to a 3rd party to investigate.  After the investigation they will determine if we owe that amount or will get a refund/credit.  We were asked to make certain reduced payments during the investigation period.  Thankfully, our customer rep was nicer than what you dealt with!

Our weekend was pretty good.  I was off on Thursday and tore the house apart to organize our donations.  Got them all boxed up and they are awaiting pick up on our front porch right now.  Friday, I ran errands and tried to do that last of our Christmas shopping (the gift card part).  Well BJs couldn't process the gift cards, so H is going today.  I was so mad waiting in line at the cashier instead of self-checkout only to find out they couldn't do what I needed!

I also sold a couple items on facebook, so that was nice!  We hit up church, baked cookies on Saturday.  Sunday, I had some friends over for dinner.  One was sick and couldn't make it, but we all had fun!  The Eagles also beat Dallas, so we are one win away from clinching the worst division in the NFL!  LOL!
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom, speaking of your all's division and some of the (well yeah, sorry) poor records going on there.  My H and I were trying to figure out if it is mathematically possible for a team to have a losing record and still make it to the playoffs.  I think we figured out that it is, lol.  But the Eagles currently have a winning record!  Keep hanging on to it!

Thankfully my Saints have been really strong this year.  But the rest of our division did not do well this year, to put it mildly.  I think those other three teams all have losing records.

This was years ago, but I once had Entergy send me an $800 electric bill for one month of electricity at a one-bedroom apartment.  It was usually less than $100.  I was freaking out, but they assured me it probably just got misread and they'd send someone out to take a look.  About 1-2 weeks later, I got an updated bill that still had the original $800 charge, but now there was also a $750 credit.  Hopefully your crazy gas bill is something similar and will get fixed quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you feel better @climbingwife!

That’s so annoying about Entergy @short+sassy

I am sick. Boo. I’m hoping it stays at the level it’s at and doesn’t get worse.  I’ve been slamming down the Zicam and DayQuil. 

Weekend was pretty good. Saturday we went out for dinner and drinks and had a pretty good time. Yesterday I was absolutely dead. I was confused as to why I felt that way, because the drinks to feeling like shit ratio was way off. But then last night my throat got super sore and red and I started to get congested so it all made sense. I’m hoping I feel better by Christmas because I really would like to stick to my original plan of opening a bottle of wine and drinking in my pjs all day. Lol. 

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom, speaking of your all's division and some of the (well yeah, sorry) poor records going on there.  My H and I were trying to figure out if it is mathematically possible for a team to have a losing record and still make it to the playoffs.  I think we figured out that it is, lol.  But the Eagles currently have a winning record!  Keep hanging on to it!

Thankfully my Saints have been really strong this year.  But the rest of our division did not do well this year, to put it mildly.  I think those other three teams all have losing records.

This was years ago, but I once had Entergy send me an $800 electric bill for one month of electricity at a one-bedroom apartment.  It was usually less than $100.  I was freaking out, but they assured me it probably just got misread and they'd send someone out to take a look.  About 1-2 weeks later, I got an updated bill that still had the original $800 charge, but now there was also a $750 credit.  Hopefully your crazy gas bill is something similar and will get fixed quickly.
    I think you're right. Falcons are like 7-9, and there's a lot of chatter about Dan Quinn making it to next season. I'm not sure how I feel abut it. Cam Newton has been out for the season, so that explains the panthers, and the bucks always suck. 

I've been here, but finally got caught up on last week's Prudies. I'm also working most of the next two weeks, but today was the only day I had to go in. I'm looking forward to WFH in comfy pants and fuzzy socks for a few days. 
  • Options
    I woke up today feeling actually pretty good!  First time in over a week.
    Went into work and it was just me and annoying co-worker.  She told me she was working from home last week and totally could have today! She was coughing, hacking, sneezing etc.  You could tell she had a cold and she could have 100% worked from home.  If she passes this along again just after I got rid of it..... ugh!