Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

My weekend wasn't very exciting.  I saw Jojo Rabbit (so, So, SO good) and Doolitte (I really loved it.  It was funny, silly, the anthromorphization was good, Robert Downey Jr. is just okay, his accent is bad, but everything else is fun).  Just did regular housework the rest of the time and caught up on some TV.  I started watching The Young Pope, b/c I LOVE John Malkevich and wanted to watch The New Pope, so figured I should start at the beginning.  It's fascinating, gorgeously shot, and OH the costumes.  If you like political shows, it's a great one.

K's birthday is tomorrow and they also have an interview for the graduate nursing program position they really want in the hospital.  I'm making them chicken nachos (I still haven't found a dupe for the rolled chicken tacos really) and hopefully have a gift and card for them (card is supposed to be here today?  I got one of those fancy pop up cards).  

Everyone else?

Re: Monday

• Options
    We had a great weekend!  Saturday we went to the boat show w/ the kids and FIL.   The kids had a great time exploring some ways we can part with serious $$ and we enjoyed looking at what's available. 

Sunday we celebrated Christmas w/ my dad's side of the family and it was a really nice time.   Kiddos enjoyed ripping through their gifts and now Chiquito gets to throw webs like Spiderman!  My aunt gave the kids spending $ for when we go to Disney.  

Today I'm working and the kids have no school so they are here and yelling at each other.  
  • Options
    Weekend was okay. I went to see bff on Saturday. Her sister was having a bbq and man, can her husband cook. I think he might be the most talented bbq chef I’ve ever met. We were all clustered around the tray of meat he brought in from the bbq like a bunch of animals. We couldn’t even wait for it to get on a plate. Lol. The downside was the amount of kids present. Just so much screaming. I had a headache the whole day. But at least I was able to see bff and another old friend for a bit.  

Yesterday FSIL and I went to the gym and then hung out for a bit. It feels like we barely get to see each other anymore since my new schedule started so it was nice to hang out for a bit. I’m jealous she has today off. At least traffic was light today. 

• Options
    Weekend was OK.  Lots of veg time, which was needed. 

Mom is not doing so good.  She was sent directly from the doctor's office, to the ER, to the ICU with an infection.  Please send vibes/prayers/good juju/whatever. DefConn blessedly has a movie date with a friend that was pre-arranged and DH will be home early, so I am leaving to head up there...even if I just sit in the waiting room, as soon as DefConn heads out.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Mom is not doing so good.  She was sent directly from the doctor's office, to the ER, to the ICU with an infection.  Please send vibes/prayers/good juju/whatever. DefConn blessedly has a movie date with a friend that was pre-arranged and DH will be home early, so I am leaving to head up there...even if I just sit in the waiting room, as soon as DefConn heads out.  
    Thinking of you.   <3
  • Options
    Sending your family and your mom good vibes @mrsconn23

• Options
    @mrsconn23 sending good thoughts your way. 

Weekend was super busy.  The babe was one month old on Friday (already?!) and he was baptized yesterday!  My parents were here all weekend, Saturday we did lots of cleaning and cooking and took turns hanging with the babe, then had about 20 family members over yesterday afternoon after the service.  Super fun, but it was exhausting. 

Everyone left around 5 except MIL and FIL, they stuck around til 7:30 (the day started at 11:30am)  I think MIL was jealous that my parents were around all day Saturday and was purposely ignoring all the typical social cues to leave my house.  It was infuriating.  

We're still settling into family life, and it's getting a little easier and more comfortable everyday :)
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 sending all the good thoughts your way. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 (hugs) all the good, positive, healing, energies to you, your mom, and family.
  • Options
    All the good thoughts @mrsconn23
  • Options
    Weekend was fine, but I’m in a funk. It’s cold, I’m tired all the time, I feel gross all the time and I’m just cranky about it. H has been great but I just have so little motivation to do anything besides sit on the couch and watch The Crown. At least I’ve been able to drag myself to the gym everyday. I’m 12 weeks so I’m hoping my energy picks up soon. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, Ts and Ps for your mom.  I hope the infection clears up quickly, so she can go back home.

@Casadena, Happy 1-month to BabyCasadena!  I'm glad it's becoming easier for you and your H to settle into the new normal.  Despite the ILs overstaying their welcome a bit.

@climbingwife, I'm glad you all had such a good time on the VT trip!  Good luck to your brother and SIL.

Our outside chest freezer died sometime last year.  We hadn't been planning to bother replacing it, until after we were done with all the time and money being spent on our renos.  But then opportunity presented itself, lol.  We had already decided we preferred a stand-up freezer and were going to make a spot for it inside our house, when it was time.  We were at Home Depot picking up other stuff last week and I wandered over to the clearance appliances.  Lo and behold, they had a stand-up freezer.  Normally almost $700, but on clearance for $270.  We went back Sat. and bought it.  I'm excited to have the extra freezer space again.

I was not excited to make room for it, lol.  I spent 1-2 hours on Sat. and 2-3 hours on Sun. doing that.  We have a weird room off our kitchen that we use for storage.  I had to clear out a few boxes and a half dresser.  We actually threw the half dresser away...it was in poor shape anyway...once I kept the stuff I wanted and tossed/donated the rest.  I am way too much of a clutterer.  So, in a way, it was nice to be "forced" to do some de-cluttering.  And I felt accomplished when I was done.  But it also felt overwhelming.  Plus it was a stark reminder I need to do way more of that.  Which feels even more overwhelming, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    All the best vibes @mrsconn23 happy one month to your LO @Casadena
    Weekend was nice.  Saturday we had our first snowfall (well, the first that's been enough to sled/make snowmen) so the kids enjoyed.  Yesterday was a train show at my city's Botanical Gardens.  Schools are closed today- brought the kids to an "everyone can do good" MLK service event in town...relaxing a bit now. 
  • Options
    Oh yeah!  I forgot it is MLK today.  Probably why morning rush hour was a little better than normal.  Hopefully it will be the same for the evening.

Oh!  Is there a parade?  (Goes to check local news website).  Of course there is a parade, lol.

On a different topic, I forgot to say on my Mon. post that I'm excited the 49ers are in the Superbowl!  Not as good as the Saints being in the Superbowl.  But the 49ers are my second favorite team.  So at least I clearly have someone to root for.

However, my H is rooting for the KC Chiefs.  For no other reason than he is disappointed the Saints aren't representing the NFC, so he was already going to root for whichever team represented the AFC, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Best wishes for your mom. 
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for your mom @mrsconn23. Happy one month to baby Casadena! Glad you had a nice vacation @climbingwife

I just got back from lunch and shopping with a friend. We haven't had a chance to catch up since before Christmas. Her son and his wife had a baby in December so I saw pictures and caught up on them. We were shopping enablers for years but hadn't gone shopping (other than for Christmas gifts) in ages. I bought some puppets for the grand boys' Easter baskets and some artificial flowers/greenery for the house. Painters started today. I have grand redecorating ideas but held off buying anything at the decor store until I have a stronger idea of how things will look. Weekend was full of pulling stuff off and away from walls in prep for painting. Church yesterday and some returns to Talbots. Other than that not too much going on around here.

• Options
    @mrsconn23 vibes <3

@Casadena happy 1 month! How is everything going?
  • Options
    Weekend was good. BabyKitten's eczema flaired up after swimming on Saturday, so we got the Aveeno baby oatmeal bath. Looks less red, but doesn't seem to bug her.

Sunday M did groceries because we planned on doing things but my husband is a procrastinator and it makes me crazy.

Thursday is my root canal and good thing I'm planning on staying at my mum's because M is at a work thing that day. So if I needed him, he's not accessible.

I'm off Friday as a just in case .... assuming I'm fine, I'll be doing some cleaning. I need to vacuum the main floor and I wanna clear out the toys that have fallen under the couch .... I have a feeling I may have to clean one spot under the couch a bit more than originally anticipated though.

Sunday I think we may see if MIL and sFIL wanna watch BabyKitten for a bit to finish her closet. Just M solo is about 3hrs to do, but both of us should be less. We'll see
  • Options
    Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't remember my root canal being difficult, or bad? I do remember having to go more than once, but it really was like getting a cavity drilled out, but longer. Lots of novacaine, and sitting in the chair. I'm pretty sure I went after work, and was fine the next day. AND I'm a huge baby when it comes to dental type stuff. 
  • Options
    @climbingwife yeh they described it as a long cavity. I get nitrus oxide for the needle so I can't even leave the office without someone getting me. I booked time off because I really don't want to risk my jaw having spasms again from just having it opened for that time frame.
  • Options
    Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't remember my root canal being difficult, or bad? I do remember having to go more than once, but it really was like getting a cavity drilled out, but longer. Lots of novacaine, and sitting in the chair. I'm pretty sure I went after work, and was fine the next day. AND I'm a huge baby when it comes to dental type stuff. 
    Mine was terrible! I was in pain for like 3 days. I feel like it was much worse than I expected. 
  • Options
    Mine was terrible! I was in pain for like 3 days. I feel like it was much worse than I expected. 
    I've had two, at two different times in my life.  Neither one was too bad, though I've heard they can be really painful.

I have a good friend who is a dental assistant and had asked her about that, at the time.  Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm trying to remember what she told me years ago, lol.

I think she said the pain level difference there can be is related to nerve damage.  Sometimes, the nerves in the tooth getting a root canal have already been damaged and dulled.  So, if that's happened, the procedure isn't too bad.  But if the nerves are still in good condition, that is when it can be a lot more painful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've had two, at two different times in my life.  Neither one was too bad, though I've heard they can be really painful.

I have a good friend who is a dental assistant and had asked her about that, at the time.  Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm trying to remember what she told me years ago, lol.

I think she said the pain level difference there can be is related to nerve damage.  Sometimes, the nerves in the tooth getting a root canal have already been damaged and dulled.  So, if that's happened, the procedure isn't too bad.  But if the nerves are still in good condition, that is when it can be a lot more painful.
    That makes sense. I think my also was worse because my tooth had cracked & that was painfully too so I’m guessing the nerves were still pretty good. Or I’m just a big baby when it comes to pain. 
  • Options
    @levioosa are things getting better at your job?
    @banana468 idk why, but I love a boat show! The one in my hometown was half boats and half campers. My dad was always so pleased my sister and I were always willing to go with him. I couldn't care less about the car show though. 🤷
    @climbingwife that sounds like an excellent trip!

I had a pretty great weekend.
    Thursday night I went to my new book club meet and greet. It was awesome. We started at 7 and I didn't get home till after 1, lol.

Friday, DH and I took the baby to a new beach. We thought it would be too cold to go in the water so, while I did pack a couple changes of clothes, we didn't pack swimsuits. However, the sun was shining and it was quite warm. DS played on the playground for a while, going down some big slides, and splashed in the edge of the water, getting completely soaked. We changed DS and had lunch before going home.

Saturday, we had lunch with a couple friends before DH had to go to the office for a few hours.

Sunday I worked on my quilt. I am about half way done but it goes slower because now I am having to make up for my mistakes in the beginning. This is one of the reasons I love quilting so much, I always learn something new every time I make one.

Monday I went to the gym and was in the middle of prepping things for dinner when our gas went out. We have a 15kg cylinder of gas we use for cooking, it lasts about a year. So DS and I went out to play until DH got home and could go exchange it.

Today DS and I are just hanging out. Someone in our neighborhood group is selling a play kitchen and accessories so we will go pick that up. 

Tomorrow DS starts his second round of Sing and sign. It is just at such a horrible time for his nap but his morning nap is so sporadic, every time is bad for it so we are just dealing.
  • Options

I've heard same, and from what I caught when I went in to get it assessed is that it wasn't bad and they were more concerned about infection at the time than nerve damage.
    I think I got lucky, because I got strep so with my antibiotics it may have bought some time with the potential infection they saw coming.
    I'll know Thursday. I know something feels weird with my tooth, but I can never figure it out - maybe it's just sensitive because of it getting worse?
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise a little bit. I think my boss got in trouble from some higher ups based on something my manager told me she said at the monthly meeting. I have a feeling someone she called that night (I wasn’t the only one) complained and threatened a lawsuit. I still don’t trust her and I’m trying my best to do my job to the best of my ability (with the zero real training I’ve had), but overall I like it even though it’s not really what I should be doing.