Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Vendor Response Time

I'm very frustrated right now. My wedding is less than 6 months away. I toured a reception venue on Monday (4 days ago). We decided it was the one for us. I hired a wedding planner on Wednesday. The planner called the reception venue and spoke with the same person we toured with, and the planner told me to send my info via email to the lady at the reception venue so that she could send a contract. When I was at the reception venue on Monday, she told me there was a 50% down payment due at the time of the contract signing. I emailed the reception venue on Wednesday within an hour of my planner calling them. I also texted the lady we toured with to let her know we had decided on that venue and that I would be sending her my info via email. I did this because on Monday when we were touring, she said she had a hard time going through all her emails and text was best for communicating with her. I never heard back from the lady at the reception venue on Wednesday, either via email, phone, or text. I emailed the planner today asking if that was normal. She said that I could try calling her because she is not the best at answering emails. So I called her and left a voicemail, but still never heard anything back today. My planner told me not to panic because she told her on Wednesday that she had marked the date for us so no one else could take it. But I have never heard of a vendor who will hold a date without a deposit? Something just doesn't seem right here. I really don't want to have to pick another reception venue, but this doesn't give me warm and fuzzies, although my planner assures me she works with them a lot and she loves them. They also have very good reviews. Am I being unreasonable in expecting a prompt response????

Re: Vendor Response Time

• Options
    Consider it's Thursday, Thursday is prep time for the weekend weddings that already are on the books.  Monday-Wednesday tend to be much slower days of the week for the catering/reception hall business.  If this was two weeks ago that's different than a day or two.
  • Options
    jtrahan said:
    I'm very frustrated right now. My wedding is less than 6 months away. I toured a reception venue on Monday (4 days ago). We decided it was the one for us. I hired a wedding planner on Wednesday. The planner called the reception venue and spoke with the same person we toured with, and the planner told me to send my info via email to the lady at the reception venue so that she could send a contract. When I was at the reception venue on Monday, she told me there was a 50% down payment due at the time of the contract signing. I emailed the reception venue on Wednesday within an hour of my planner calling them. I also texted the lady we toured with to let her know we had decided on that venue and that I would be sending her my info via email. I did this because on Monday when we were touring, she said she had a hard time going through all her emails and text was best for communicating with her. I never heard back from the lady at the reception venue on Wednesday, either via email, phone, or text. I emailed the planner today asking if that was normal. She said that I could try calling her because she is not the best at answering emails. So I called her and left a voicemail, but still never heard anything back today. My planner told me not to panic because she told her on Wednesday that she had marked the date for us so no one else could take it. But I have never heard of a vendor who will hold a date without a deposit? Something just doesn't seem right here. I really don't want to have to pick another reception venue, but this doesn't give me warm and fuzzies, although my planner assures me she works with them a lot and she loves them. They also have very good reviews. Am I being unreasonable in expecting a prompt response????
    Your planner spoke with her Wednesday, I’m not surprised it takes a day or two for her to get back to you. If you don’t hear anything by Monday or Tuesday I would follow up. In general I think 48 hours for a response to a professional email is still normal.