Honeymoon Discussions

Which Islands in Hawaii for honeymoon?

We are trying to plan honeymoon to Hawaii in August.  The 3 Islands we are trying to choose 2 out of 3- Kauai, Maui or Big Island.  We are only staying for 9 nights so 5 nights in one, 4 in the other.  Any suggestions of which 2 islands to do in that time frame?  Looking for relaxation/romance but also a few days of adventures.  We want to stay in resorts.  A lot of friends keep recommending Maui/Kauai but then the travel agency recommended BI/Maui- it just doesn't seem like 4 nights in BI would be enough, especially if we started there?!  Just because the island is huge!  

Re: Which Islands in Hawaii for honeymoon?

• We are trying to plan honeymoon to Hawaii in August.  The 3 Islands we are trying to choose 2 out of 3- Kauai, Maui or Big Island.  We are only staying for 9 nights so 5 nights in one, 4 in the other.  Any suggestions of which 2 islands to do in that time frame?  Looking for relaxation/romance but also a few days of adventures.  We want to stay in resorts.  A lot of friends keep recommending Maui/Kauai but then the travel agency recommended BI/Maui- it just doesn't seem like 4 nights in BI would be enough, especially if we started there?!  Just because the island is huge!  
    This isn’t exactly what you asked; but I loved Oahu! The resort (Hilton) I was at was beautiful and had everything you could have wanted, there was tons of stuff to do if you wanted/needed to get off the beach (Pearl Harbor, the North Shore, Dole pineapple plantation), and it was super easy to get around. My sister went to Maui and also had an amazing time and has said she’d definitely go back. Neither of us went to the big island or Kauai. 
  • @charlotte989875, I'm not the OP or a bride, but that is good to hear about Oahu. My husband and I are going in April (we've never been to Hawaii) and decided to just stay on Oahu since we only have a week this time.
  • NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2020
    Oh man, I wrote out this entire response, and noticed this was from February of LAST year.  I need glasses.  Disregard :)
  • Have you heard of French Polynesia?
    If you want to take an island vacation, you should definitely see this place. My wife and I went there 2 years ago. It gave us an unforgettable honeymoon :)
  • My 2 choices would be Maui and Oahu