Moms and Maids

Choosing bridesmaids for second wedding

I have a bit of a dilemma when it comes to choosing my bridesmaids. I was engaged once before and had picked about 7 bridesmaids for my wedding. That wedding ended up not happening and I am now engaged again. I am still friends with those girls but this time around we are doing things on a much smaller scale and only having 4 bridesmaids/ 2 groomsmen. My 4 are my 2 closest friends and my 2 cousins who are basically like my sisters, and then his 2 brothers as his groomsmen, so each man will walk 2 girls down the aisle. I think some of the girls I asked to be bridesmaids last time are probably expecting to be a bridesmaid again this time. How should I explain the situation to them? Would it be dumb to still honor them at the wedding somehow? maybe a corsage for them to wear? I will still be including them at the bachelorette party but don't want them to feel hurt for not being picked as one of the bridesmaids. 

Re: Choosing bridesmaids for second wedding

• I would be silly of these women to expect to be asked to be a bridesmaid just because they were asked long ago with a different wedding. Unless someone actually says something, I would assume these women understand that this is a whole different wedding with a whole different wedding party. 

Giving them corsages or calling them out during the ceremony would just point out that they weren't invited for no reason, a bit of a consolation prize when there's nothing to console. Just leave it alone. 
  • It's totally okay for you not to have asked them to be bridesmaids again, and I don't think you need to explain your decision to them. You may want to have an answer ready in case they ask, but I see no reason for you to bring it up with them yourself.  

And definitely do not get them corsages or anything like that. It'll just reinforce that they aren't bridesmaids this time and probably make them uncomfortable.
  • Thank you for the responses. That's what I was leaning towards anyway, I think I just needed to hear someone else say it was ok to just leave it alone.