Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding reschedule

My fiancé and I are forced to reschedule for a later date. Most of our guests have already responded. When the new date is set, should we notify those people that have already declined or didn’t respond at all?? 

Re: Wedding reschedule

• Options
    I would say to let everyone on your guest list know, regardless of how (or if) they responded to the original invitation. People who declined may have just not been available on the original date and would be able to attend on a different day.

As for people who didn't respond, send them an invite for the new date and then follow up if you still don't hear from them by the new RSVP date. I learned with my wedding that just because someone doesn't send back the RSVP card doesn't mean they don't intend to come to the wedding. Some people just forget to let you know or for whatever reason just assume you know they'll be there! 
  • Options
    Yes, I would notify all guests that were invited. 
  • Options
    If you're close enough to the date that you're getting RSVPs already, you should follow up with a phone call to everyone that RSVPed yes and everyone that hasn't responded to let them know about the cancellation. It's entirely possible that no responses are responses that are lost in the mail, or are people who are trying to arrange schedules in order to attend. 

Once you get a new date, send a new invitation to everyone. 
  • Options
    I would definitely 1) call folks and tell them it’s rescheduled and 2) re-invite everyone who was originally on your list. They may decline a second time, but especially if it was a schedule conflict it might mean people can now attend the new date. 
  • Options
    Thanks all! We are having a destination wedding, and I thought that by resending the invites, we would be pressuring them to make the trip. I didn't want it to be taken the wrong way.