Wedding Woes
Options

This is TUESDAY, right?

I've been gone for a week so I'm a little off, but I think it is Tuesday? 

Re: This is TUESDAY, right?

• Options
    Took baby B to visit my parents and grandparents in FL. Left last Tuesday and got back last night. Overall went well. Sleeping accomodations were rough and I'm exhausted. B did great on the travel part -- how did people fly with kids before ipads???

He had some hives pop up on the plane home - maybe from a disinfectant irritating his skin? Idk but glad it went away. He is coughing and sneezing a bunch today but of course could have caught that anywhere. 

I always carry some disinfecting wipes to clean the airplane seats but dang stores are all sold out here. I'm thankful I had a few already since they were sold out in FL too. 
  • Options
    I hope you enjoyed your trip!  How was the weather in FL?

It does not feel like Tuesday ... I don't know what day it feels like though.  I had to take the dog to the vet before work started, so I'm a little out of sorts.  She had a good check-up though, and we might get to reduce her meds again today.  And I need to start feeding her three times a day because she keeps losing weight as a side effect from the drugs.

• Options
    Weather was OK - a couple days in the 80s and then it was high 60s low 70s. It was cloudy and windy so not ideal pool weather but nice for overall weather at least. Funny how 60s felt cold some days whereas back home if it was 60 it would be like break out the spring clothes and play outside. 
  • Options
    I think it’s Tuesday? 

We’re on mandatory WFH as part of our emergency preparedness plan. Each division is WFH two days in a row to see how everything works. It pretty much has little effect on me & my team since we’re already set up to work from. The dog is disappointed we’re not napping and snuggling, but at least he gets extra pets. 
  • Options
    Florida sounds amazing right about now. It’s gloomy and rainy here and snow is in the forecast. 
    Nothing has been mentioned at work about wfh, even though it’s VERY do-able here. But that’s ok.  There’s food and snacks free for all in our office.  OMG I’d be so thin if we had mandatory wfh.  I’m to lazy to bring in food into my house....

i have to call my accountant today, he was supposed to call yesterday.  If I don’t make it there tonight after work, I won’t be able to go till Monday and that’s holding my refund another week.

• Options
    I missed Monday's post since I was so busy at work. 

Weekend was good. Ate at our friend's restaurant Friday (so weird to say). It's not a new restaurant, and has been around for a very long time, and is very popular locally. 

Saturday I had to go to the dentist. Ugh. But got an all clear, so yay. 

Sunday we went up to the resort where we got married. We hiked and then had brunch. So, so good and I stuffed myself silly. 

I had to attend a trade show yesterday. I was very conscious to not shake hands, kept my distance, and kept sanitizer in my pocket. I used it often..haha. But like Pam said yesterday, it seems impossible for me not to touch my face! 

My county now has 3 confirmed cases of Covid-19. All the schools in our district are not closed until the 23rd. 
  • Options
    I have meetings today in prep for our meeting tomorrow. 

My aunt hooked me up with hand sanitizer and wipes so I'm set to fly.   I am paranoid about my early wake up so I'll probably set 2 alarms so I can be on the road at 4:30.  

I am hoping that this also means less crowded planes due to so many people cancelling their travel.   @kvruns were you on full flights?  I generally find that I'm on a completely booked flight and it will be interesting to see how much free space I have. 

I plan to wash my hands as soon as I'm through TSA assuming I don't have to run to my gate, wash before food if I can (or not eat the cookies) and won't drink airplane water but may indulge in a 7 AM diet coke.  I'm thinking when I get back I'll wipe down my steering wheel of my car.  

It's odd to be hyper aware of all the things I touch and yet at the same time I am trying not to bubble myself.   It's an odd feeling. 
  • Options
    It's Tuesday, but I really only remember because my mum is picking up BabyKitten from daycare because our provider has an appt.
    Without that, I know it isn't Thursday because I have a half day for a dr appt.
    I feel like I've had too many "am I pregnant?" moments recently with this prescription that I wanna up it to the next hormone level. I've had a good long go with this prescription, and maybe just post-baby it's not good enough.

I'm also talking to dr about potentially getting tubes tied in a couple years. M and I have spoken, and he'd rather get snipped, but he isn't ready to take the plunge. So I figured I'll just get information for myself.

Since the market is really hot right now {like houses are only staying like max 7 days before off!} we're going to ask our realtor about our house in current standing.
    As long as we get minimum $250K, we're comfortable. Ideally $270 so M can pay his debt off also. If he has no debt, we can easily get a house higher than our original anticipated price {$440K vs $425K}
    Which gives us wiggle room if bidding war.
  • Options
    Side note Canada had it's first Covid-19 related death :( It was in British Columbia and he was 80
  • Options
    Side note Canada had it's first Covid-19 related death :( It was in British Columbia and he was 80
    That is sad.   The US has had several deaths and my understanding is that many are in the aging population especially in a nursing home. 

I'm particularly concerned about how that disease impacts the older family members I have and those immunocompromised.  I'm less concerned about it's impact on the 4 people in my home but I still don't want any of us to get it. 
  • Options
    @banana468 my flights were not full. I'm not sure if it is from cancelled plans or the fact I was flying midday on weekdays. Last year my flights were full and airport crowded but I was on weekend flights so not sure which is the cause. I did enjoy not having someone next to me for sure!
  • Options
    Not too much is going on over here. My manager is out sick and it’s supposed to rain until next Wednesday. I didn’t sleep very well. Something outside the window had a slow steady drip that sounded like a leaky pipe so it kept waking me up. I also accidentally took zzquil and melatonin together last night so I’m a little tired this morning. 

• Options
    My company is also doing a mandatory WFH day to test for preparedness today. I'm all set up for WFH, but having all these employees WFH at the same time is really slowing down connectivity. On the bright side, I've already seen some improvements in the last two hours, so hoping they get it all sorted today.

There are two confirmed cases in my county, but my sister said that hospital is insisting on ruling everything else out before they test, so there are likely cases that are not yet diagnosed. I think this is going to escalate quickly this week. 

Otherwise, SSDD. Working on getting settled in and adjusted to the new house. Now that we've closed on the house, I can look at replacing the car that got wrecked in December. I didn't realize how much I really, really hate cars and car shopping. 
  • Options
    @kvruns and anyone else looking for disinfecting wipes/hand sanitizer/toilet paper and/or paper towels...try hardware stores.  Or anywhere else that carries that kind of thing, but isn't necessarily the go-to place that people typically go for those items.  I may not be the best judge because my area hasn't been affected by shortages (yet).  But I was at Home Depot on Fri. and saw jumbo 3-packs of disinfecting wipes on display.  Apparently I should start selling on Ebay (I'm sure people have), lol.

Also @kvruns, I'm glad you and baby B had fun in FL!  Though I don't know what you're talking about.  Temps in the 60s IS cold, lol.  It's that time of year when the weather can't make up it's mind in NOLA.  I've had a few days where I have the heat on in my car on my drive to work in the morning.  But it's hot and stuffy for the drive home and I put the a/c on.

Not much going on for me today.  My main work database hasn't been working since yesterday.  There is only one IT person who can fix it, but he was out on Mon.  He said he'd be by this morning but I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting.  I'm rapidly running out of things to do and may have to resort to...gasp!...catch-up filing.  Say it isn't so, smh.  So hateful, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    That is sad.   The US has had several deaths and my understanding is that many are in the aging population especially in a nursing home. 

I'm particularly concerned about how that disease impacts the older family members I have and those immunocompromised.  I'm less concerned about it's impact on the 4 people in my home but I still don't want any of us to get it. 
    Same.
    My granny and nana are both older. My granny's health is already crap and has to go to the hospital pretty regular. Nothing in my city yet, but still concerning.

M's grandfather also has to go to the hospital pretty regular {low grade leukemia - medication, not transfusions}

We've already told the older people to stay home if they can. It may not be here yet, but our city is pretty touristy
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @banana468 my flights were not full. I'm not sure if it is from cancelled plans or the fact I was flying midday on weekdays. Last year my flights were full and airport crowded but I was on weekend flights so not sure which is the cause. I did enjoy not having someone next to me for sure!
    When I've flown on weekdays (I usually don't fly for work on weekends) I'm on full flights with only a seat or two open.   

Shall be interesting tomorrow.   Cross fingers and I will do a trip report Friday! 
  • Options
    Banana - Eye to eye on being more concerned with my parents and MIL than I am with my own household.  We have a confirmed case in my county and more coming, I'm sure.  A county just outside of Philly has closed multiple school districts after a parent, WHO IS A DOCTOR, violated a self-quarantine at a school function.

We are having another nice day, up to 65!  But its also supposed to rain, though I do have my office windows open again to air out this place!  I also noticed today that we got our Federal refund over the weekend.  Woot!  Not that we are doing anything other than paying a cc bill with it!  Though that cc bill is paying for Ireland - so I guess that is something!

Not sure what is up for tonight.  I brought my parents fish tank to our house and have done nothing yet.  The base needs a good cleaning and we want to put a shelf inside the base as well.  So maybe I will get that started.  The fish tank hasn't been used in years, so it needs lots of help!  
  • Options
    My co-worker's daughter is a flight attendant, and she said airplanes are empty. 
  • Options
    @banana468 i hope your trip goes well. I definitely enjoyed the lighter flights. I think they said there were 97 passengers on my flight home - its a normal Southwest airlines plane so probably holds like 130ish people normally. I think most people were able to avoid middle seats if they wanted to. 
  • Options
    My co-worker's daughter is a flight attendant, and she said airplanes are empty. 
    I get it; I wouldn’t be going anywhere now if it wasn’t essential. My company has banned all international Business travel, and only allowing domestic business travel for essential purposes and needs to be approved by a senior manager. 

Maybe bc I’m pregnant but I don’t want to get it, or be a carrier to other folks so if I’m going anywhere I’m driving. 
  • Options
    @Casadena It still blows my mind you're back so soon .... but definitely helps if you can get updates through the day and/or having photos with you.
  • Options
    It's Tuesday. Only one person is taking time off, but that's because her husband had a stroke over the weekend. (It sounds like he's mostly ok, but still needs a lot of help). No cases of coronavirus but we certainly talk about the need to wash hands and use sanitizer.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    All the love during the transition @casadena
    Glad travel went smoothly @kvruns
    Thanks for the tip @short+sassy I haven't been able to get Clorox wipes or hand sanitizer anywhere.  I actually have a lot but I'm anxious for when it runs out.

Agree w/ PP more concerned with their parents/grands as opposed to their own household.  I'm in that boat too.  Although my parents are only 60 and 64 they're both cancer survivors and my mom has really bad RA/is immunocompromised.  They're talking about going up to their house in NH for a few weeks (it's in the middle of the forest with way fewer people.  My siblings and I are encouraging them to get out of here.
    At work, we had our regularly scheduled faculty meeting at dismissal today but the topic changed to putting an e-learning plan in place in the event of a long-term closing...making sure all departments are using the same software to make it as seamless as possible for the students, altering syllabi a bit, scheduling and grading exams, etc.  The students are HS age, so the concern isn't so much that they'd lose that face-to-face learning experience the way, say, students my own kids' age would.  But there's major concern over AP exams in May and Regents exams in June.  Would they be able to sit for them?  Would the state postpone them?  It's uncharted territory. 

• Options
    @ei34 I've been wondering about finals for the colleges that have been closing - losing almost a month of learning in some cases. I didn't think about AP type stuff for HS but that makes sense too. I can't imagine elearning is teaching kids the same way they need for that comprehension. I know it wouldn't have worked for me in some subjects. We didn't have AP when I was in HS but I think they added it right after I graduated.