Honeymoon Discussions

Should I postpone my honeymoon bridal shower?

Hi Everyone,

I am planning my wedding shower for May 3rd and I was going to send the invitations out tomorrow so I could give people 6 weeks notice but now I don't know if I should due to the COVID-19 virus. The shower is at my aunt's house in Windsor ON Canada and half of the guests are coming from Detroit (where I live). This is a unique situation as we live on a border and currently Trump and Trudeau have it closed..... do I send them out and just call to reschedule if things change? Do I wait a week?

Re: Should I postpone my honeymoon bridal shower?

  • Hi Everyone,

    I am planning my wedding shower for May 3rd and I was going to send the invitations out tomorrow so I could give people 6 weeks notice but now I don't know if I should due to the COVID-19 virus. The shower is at my aunt's house in Windsor ON Canada and half of the guests are coming from Detroit (where I live). This is a unique situation as we live on a border and currently Trump and Trudeau have it closed..... do I send them out and just call to reschedule if things change? Do I wait a week?
    I’m in Buffalo so the border closure is a big deal here, too. I think you can safely wait a week or two to see if things change. If MI is anything like NY though we’re getting more restrictions each day, not less. 

    I think wait a week and then you can send them with a note saying you’ll monitor the situation and let everyone know about changes. When is your wedding? Can you have a back day if things aren’t better by then? 
  • climbingwifeclimbingwife NYC 'burbs member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I think you still have time to see how it's going to play out. But I'd be leaning towards postponing.  

Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards