Attire & Accessories Forum

Honest opinion on this dress ...

Hiya, can I have your brutally honest opinion on this dress please .. If you like it, great .. if you think its awful .. then please say so .. I would rather know! It's from about 2007 .. so dated?

Jen

Re: Honest opinion on this dress ...

• Like any piece of clothing, if you have to convince or otherwise talk your self into wearing something, it's not the right garment.  It's not about what a bunch of random strangers on the internet think, it's about what YOU think.  If something isn't the right fit for you, that's entirely o.k. to assert yourself and say so.  OTOH, if you love it and others are trying to convince you otherwise, what you decide to wear on your wedding day isn't THEIR decision...
  • IMO it does look a bit dated with the pick-ups on the skirt. 
  • To be honest, I don't care for it, especially the skirt.
  • If you really loved it, you wouldn't have felt the need to come here and ask about it. Go with your gut and pass on this one.
  • If I'm honest, I'm not a fan of the pickup skirt. They were soooo trendy when I got married. I did love a dress with them, but ended up deciding against it because I didn't want photos to be so tied to a point in time, like when you see puffy sleeves and automatically know it's from the 80's. 

If you really love the dress, tell fashion and trends to go to hell and wear it. But if you don't love it, I'd say keep looking. The silhouette is gorgeous on you, though.