Wedding Woes
Options

Postponing - how to re-do invitations?

Hi everyone,
Like many of you we had to postpone our April wedding to December. I was wondering what other brides are doing to send out new invitations? We are not planning to redo our original invitations with the new date (as I am sure many of you know that is not cheap!!), but are considering some type of e-vite. I've thought about Paperless Post but you can only have one additional RSVP question and we had a few questions in our original invitation (ie RSVP to welcome drinks and farewell brunch). Does anyone have anything like this in the works already? Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Re: Postponing - how to re-do invitations?

• Options
    If you're not going to re-do your invites, then I recommend doing an enclosure on similar paperstock to your invites with the addendum(s) you wish to add.  That will be cheaper than re-doing invitations, but get the info across with the invitation.

You can also do the paperless post idea and encourage people to visit your wedding website (if you have one) for updates.  But I recommend hitting people a few different ways to get the updates across, because not everyone will go online and a lot of people may tack up your invite in their home as a 'reminder' to them about the upcoming event. 

Good luck getting everything rescheduled and back on track. 
  • Options
    Shortly after we announced that we were postponing, we ordered new Save the Dates - at the time our options were limited, so we went quirky with "We STILL Do", and please save the date. 
    Now I'm seeing some vendors like Truly Engaging, and Simply to Impress offering discounts on Change the Date Cards or Post Cards (Truly Engaging at 75% off!) - set of 100 Post Cards were about $35.00. If all the other details are not changing from your original invitations, you can always include a note to refer back to that and mention if they hadn't already RSVP'd they can use the ones they received originally. And if they have already sent it in, they can re-RSVP on your Knot site. 
  • Options
    We ordered a customizable Save the Date card from our original wedding invitation set. 
    I think it cost $75 on upgraded card stock and we were able to customize it to say Change The Date and did a cute poem and our new date. 
    Hopefully they won’t take too long to come. 
    We didn’t want to open a whole new set of rsvps so we put something like “please let us know if we need to update your rsvp” on the card and we’ll text around in a few months and make sure people are still coming. 
  • Options
    I saw one girl on reddit using her original invites and just writing in the new date. I mean, why not?