Wedding Woes

Friday!

I’m currently on hour 1.5 of a conference call where no one is using slides or an agenda. How’s everyone else’s morning? 

It’s also snowing in Buffalo and I’m pretty unhappy about that. 

Anyone have weekend plans? Mine include naps, snacks, and probably some laundry. 

Re: Friday!

• I am working and DH is off.   The kids don't have distance learning as a requirement today so they've done some outside play.

Plans today include:
    -Finish work
    -Figure out lunch and dinner (and it's Good Friday and we're Catholic so DH and I are fasting and meatless).  I think the frozen cheese pizza is looking good. 

Tonight: Ozark Season 2 Ep 6  which will be the background to our packing of Easter Eggs for our hunt tomorrow. 

Then tomorrow I drive down to the local farm and pick up the frozen leg of lamb and potatoes.  I will wear my blinged out face mask! 

Sunday we'll have church on the couch, I'll start dinner and later I want to do a family Zoom.   

And I would LOVE to try to clean my floors.   So. Much. Dirt. 
  • I'm cleaning and setting up rooms for SIL and GSs to arrive tomorrow. I FaceTimed with my trainer this morning - not a workout just catching up. She actually moved about an hour away right  before our stay at home order was put in place. I'm really going to miss her as my trainer. She's almost like a second daughter to me - we've been together for over 5 years, and she's DD's age. I finished putting pictures in my scrapbook last night so hopefully I'll work on journaling pages today. Getting the pictures in was my goal for before the grands arrive though so I'm happy.

We've decided to order Easter dinner from a local restaurant. It sounds amazing - they have a special dinner to order for family style. I have eggs to hide for a hunt but the weather doesn't look promising so it might be an inside hunt. We aren't putting anything in them since the boys are so young. They will just have fun picking them up and putting them in baskets.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • I just logged into work.  I have a few more things to finish while the babe is napping then i'm probably taking it easy the rest of the day work-wise.  It's cold but sunny here so we will probably bundle up and take a family walk later! 

H's parents set up zoom calls with both sides of their family for tonight and tomorrow morning.  It will be a totally clusterf**k because there's about 50 ppl on each side and I guarantee that IL's don't know how to actually use zoom.  I'm very uninterested but will try to be a good sport.  

I'm sure we'll facetime with my parents and sister at some point this weekend too.  

• It snowed a little downstate too. Just a dusting. It's cold and windy today, which fucking sucks. I need some warm weather before I go crazy. 

No plans this weekend. I'm going to make deviled eggs on Sunday. Oh, and we may try to get to the grocery store early tomorrow. 
  • Oh man, I was going to order Easter dinner Sunday but I have to order in today now because my EveryPlate order has been delayed till tomorrow.  Im off of work today but yesterday I was really busy at work.  I didn’t even get my lunch workout in.  Did it at 5 pm instead.  I have such a headache but want to get my workout out of the way now. 

Online games tonight, hoping to make a chocolate chip almond cake today (pre mix) if my damn headache goes away.  Painting and TV on the books for the next couple of days.

if you’re looking for another socialization platform my friends and I did a chat last night on the phone app “Houseparty”.  It also has games and we did “chips and guac” (a cleaner version of Cards against Humanity) and some fun trivia.  I thought it was great! 

• Snow here too.  Work is surprisingly busy for Good Friday.  

I'm trying to set up Skype dates for my family this weekend so we can at least "see" them.  Other than that, my special Easter meal will be rabbit shaped macaroni and cheese that I bought weeks ago because ... well, I love rabbits and I found myself unable to say no to it.  It's adorable.

Normally this weekend is crazy busy because my choir sings at all the services, but since church is doing virtual sermons, my weekend is much quieter than it normally would be.  And we usually do a breakfast on Easter morning.  I miss it.

• TGIF. We might go on a drive this weekend and try to find a more remote trail to hike. I’ve always wanted to try visiting Idlywild. Unfortunately all of the cute shops and restaurants will be closed. But we should be able to see if it’s at least a place we’d like to visit when all of this is over. 

• I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm going to probably knock off around 3 today. Although Good Friday isn't normally a holiday, they usually close the office around 2-3 on Fridays before holidays, so I'm going to try to make it as normal as possible. 

Just another weekend in captivity. Tonight is a happy hour with a friend group. Tomorrow will be yard work in the day and trivia at night. Then Sunday we'll have family video chats with my and H's families. Sadly, we're running low on TP, so I have to brave the grocery store tomorrow. I tried putting it on delivery orders, but it keeps getting cut. Luckily, H found some face masks that we ended up not using during a spray painting project last year, so we at least have some protection. 

Other than that, we'll just be hanging out outside or drinking on the porch. It's a little cooler (60s) today, but it's supposed to be sunny and gorgeous all weekend. I need to enjoy this while it lasts, because it will be hot and humid in a month. 
  • I'm so over this week.  It's been a shitshow from start to finish.  Not that things are any better, but at least I don't have to work over the weekend. 

I cannot wait to not have my alarm on tomorrow.  We need thicker curtains in our room since our room faces east and if it's too bright sometimes even with dark curtains. But also, I've just cursed myself into not being able to sleep in. 

I need to run to a store at some point this weekend. We're delivering Easter dinner to mom and dad's on Sunday.  

My aunt is coming to town today to stay with mom and dad for awhile (I guess a week or so, but not sure).  I have more cross-stitch stuff being delivered today.  Yay. 

We're done with Ozarks season 3.  Any series recs?  We have HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and AppleTV.  DH and I do like to watch dramas together.  I watch comedies on my own for the most part. 
  • My phone said it was 107*F today so I am guessing we are done with spring, lol.

DH and I are watching Tales from the Loop on Amazon. It is a little like twilight zone and I dig it. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I'm so over this week.  It's been a shitshow from start to finish.  Not that things are any better, but at least I don't have to work over the weekend. 

I cannot wait to not have my alarm on tomorrow.  We need thicker curtains in our room since our room faces east and if it's too bright sometimes even with dark curtains. But also, I've just cursed myself into not being able to sleep in. 

I need to run to a store at some point this weekend. We're delivering Easter dinner to mom and dad's on Sunday.  

My aunt is coming to town today to stay with mom and dad for awhile (I guess a week or so, but not sure).  I have more cross-stitch stuff being delivered today.  Yay. 

We're done with Ozarks season 3.  Any series recs?  We have HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and AppleTV.  DH and I do like to watch dramas together.  I watch comedies on my own for the most part. 
    Living with Myself on Netflix
    The Spy on Netflix
    The Widow on Prime
    Man in the High Castle on Prime (if you haven't watched already)
    Mindhunter on Netflix

• mrsconn23 said:
    I'm so over this week.  It's been a shitshow from start to finish.  Not that things are any better, but at least I don't have to work over the weekend. 

Have you watched Schitt’s creek? 
  • My phone said it was 107*F today so I am guessing we are done with spring, lol.

DH and I are watching Tales from the Loop on Amazon. It is a little like twilight zone and I dig it. 
    Oooh, we just started that this week. I'm hella confused, but I really like it. Also, the teenager from the second episode is a giant ass and I want something to happen to him. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Another vote for Schitt's Creek.

Also "Brooklyn 99" and "Community" for the 2 funniest sitcoms ever made. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2020
    mrsconn23 said:

I'm on my second go-round and will probably watch a 3rd time waiting for the final (sob!) season to drop. 

It's replaced Friends as my 'comfort' TV to watch since Friends is no longer on Netflix. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Another vote for Schitt's Creek.

Also "Brooklyn 99" and "Community" for the 2 funniest sitcoms ever made. 
    I second both Brooklyn 99 and Community as being hilarious.  I have yet to see Schitt's Creek.

• This every other day at home is really messing with me.  I'm appreciative that we're doing this (and honestly, it's better than WFH, b/c I have a whole day off and paid); it's still just weird.

I watched the finale of Schitt's Creek yesterday (I've bought the series on Amazon since Season 3 b/c I wasn't waiting for Netflix to get it).  I had delayed b/c I just wasn't ready for it to be over.  It was perfection, too short, and heartfelt and hilarious, just like the show.  The special had me sobbing when it talked about the LGBTQ+ characters and what they had meant to the community.  A mom's group wrote Dan Levy a thank you note that was read on screen and I'm pretty sure Emily Hampshire (Stevie) was full out ugly crying.  I think it's truly the best sitcom ever and one of the best television series ever.  For those just starting, just know...Roland doesn't get better, but he gets less, and none of them are likable in Season 1 and then...magic starts happening.

IDK what I'm doing this weekend.  I want to go outside, but float season has started and no one can go and I'm bitter, so going outside just reminds me of that.  Otherwise, SSDD?  I am going to have to find toilet paper though.  K and I are both on our periods and we only have like 3 rolls left.  I'm not looking forward to it.  I'm off on Monday, so I'm hoping we can last until then, when I can go out during the day.

• @VarunaTT, amazon has TP up from time to time.  I got my roll on Wednesday. You have to keep checking and there’s like a 10 minute window before it’s all sold out.  I know I got lucky. But it ships fairly quickly. 

@mrsconn23, if your looking for non scripted shows I really liked The CIrcle. Also, I’m enjoying the outcomes of the tests from 100 Humans.  Something to look into that doesn’t require concentration like a lot of dramas.

• I'm off from work today.  We have set up a Zoom for brunch with MIL and one for dessert with my family for Sunday.  I will be heading out to my aunt's house in a few hours, I'm dropping off bobka and a small plant for her - for Easter.  We will go to our parents' houses on Sunday to wave hello with DD in her dress.  We will be watching church from our couch, but I had the idea to dress up for it.  I may break out my wedding gown!  LOL!  I think DD would get a kick out of it.
  • So, word just came down. I’m taking a cut of one day/week for now. No pay.  It’s a decent chunk of change. As long as I stay 4 days a week I’ll stay afloat but I won’t manage well with much less than that. 

• Ugh, @levioosa.  Good luck.  I have my fingers crossed for you.  
  • @levioosa - sorry for the cut of hours but glad you are still on 4 days a week.

I'm also in health care and big changes were announced today for us as well.  
  • @MNNEBride what changes are you guys experiencing? Scheduling here has been a hot mess. 

• @levioosa, do you think cutting your schedule by one day/week will help you keep your job longer?  I hope so!  That would at least be worth it, relatively speaking.

I was reading an article last week that this is an irony of the pandemic.  Many medical services/specialties that aren't related to it are seeing a huge drop in business and lots of people in the medical industry are being laid off or put on furlough.  I know one of my tenants had a breast reduction surgery originally scheduled for this month, but it was postponed by the hospital because they're only doing surgeries right now that can't wait.  

I braved the grocery store this morning.  I made sure to be there almost as soon as it opened for non-elderly people.  Yes!  I scored paper towels, lol ((the precious)).  Another hour, if that, and they would have been gone.  The TP already was.  I also got milk..the main reason I went.  @VarunaTT, the Home Depots in our area have TP.  There isn't much selection and it's more expensive than grocery stores because of that, but it's another place to check if you don't have luck other places.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with groceries and cooking.  And it's only me and my H, lol!  But now we're home all the time and it's such a difference. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elective appointments and procedures/surgeries have been on hold for a month already so income is way down.  Salaried employees taking pay reductions from 7%-20% depending on their level through the end of the year.  Hourly employees have no pay reductions.  Both salaried and hourly employees may be furloughed starting May 4th.  We are a large institution with hospitals and clinics in several locations across the nation. My position is safe for now but may not be if it goes longer than end of summer.  Scary times.
  • Ugh @MNNEBride. I’m so sorry. 

• I'm off from work today.  We have set up a Zoom for brunch with MIL and one for dessert with my family for Sunday.  I will be heading out to my aunt's house in a few hours, I'm dropping off bobka and a small plant for her - for Easter.  We will go to our parents' houses on Sunday to wave hello with DD in her dress.  We will be watching church from our couch, but I had the idea to dress up for it.  I may break out my wedding gown!  LOL!  I think DD would get a kick out of it.
    What a great idea!  Maybe i will break out my wedding gown as well!

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh I'm sorry @levioosa and @MNNEBride

It snowed here this morning too. 
    Made a double batch of Easter Sweet Bread today, I halved each loaf to make minis, I'm going to deliver one each to my mom and sisters on Sunday (contactless front porch dropoff). I miss my lady crew.
    Tonight is a zoom happy hour with one of my favorite friend groups.  Minus the pinot grigio for me bc of Good Friday.  But looking forward to seeing them.  Tomorrow the kids are going to dye Easter eggs and later in the day will be a drive-by party for my goddaughter...my sister obviously had to cancel her birthday party but instead invited everyone to drive by from 4-4:30...hoping it's special for her.

• @mrsconn23 I think we posted at the same time, I was not trying to recommend that show to you. It is really sad, especially the last few episodes. Community and Brooklyn 99 are much better choices. I will also throw in The Good Life and I just started Carnival Row on Amazon, so far I like it.