Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party After Wedding Due to COVID19

My wedding falls in the midst of the covid19 chaos. We have decided to cancel the formal wedding and reception and have a small immediate family only ceremony and dinner party instead. 
We are planning to have a formal vow renewal in a year to invite all our guests to. 
My question is: what should I do about my bridal shower and bachelorette party?
Normally I think it would be tacky to have these after the wedding as I am no longer a bachelorette. 
However, given the circumstances and not being able to have these parties now, is it still tacky to have these after the wedding?
I am wondering if it is best to have these along with the renewal or possibly sooner? 
I realize we will be married already but we still want to celebrate our wedding with our friends and family. 

Re: Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party After Wedding Due to COVID19

• Options
    Honestly, these are events planned for you and not by you.   

My take:  it's fine if these happen after the wedding in light of the pandemic.

But you say and do nothing about them.  If they don't happen, that's OK.  These are extras that often zap the finances of a bride's family and peers and that is when there isnt an economic collapse.  So leave these alone because the finances of those you know could be seriously impacted right now.
  • Options
    Have any invitations gone out for the shower?  I have two nieces currently expecting their first little ones.  The first shower was supposed to be next weekend, and the other was in mid May.  I had already received invitations for both showers.  While it is clear they can no longer actually hold a physical shower, I have sent gifts to both of them.  If shower invitations have been sent out already, you may find you have very generous and gracious friends and family that will gift you regardless.  Some “non-essential” items are starting to be delayed in terms of shipping, however.  
    If you are unable to hold these events prior to your actual wedding, you may have to forfeit at the very least the bachelorette party.  Hopefully guests will understand the current situation, and be generous with gifting if/when you have your post wedding reception.