Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Small wedding/party later

Due to Covid-19, we have to change some wedding details. We are still getting married on May 15th with our immediate family (10 people max). So our groomsmen and bridesmaids are not going to be a part of the ceremony as planned. We are wanting to have a party later once all the virus scare has gone away..... I want to wear my dress to the party, so I am and going to have my soon to be husband and our kids wear their suits/dress.... what about the groomsmen and bridesmaids should they wear their suits/dresses?? Or does it matter?? Or leave it up to them if they want to? 

All suggestions appreciated! 

Thanks, 
Andrea 

Re: Small wedding/party later

• Leave it up to them. If your bridesmaids like the dresses you picked, a few may want to wear them, but I wouldn't ask them to. I do like that you are wearing your dress, as many guests will appreciate seeing you dressed as a bride.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Due to Covid-19, we have to change some wedding details. We are still getting married on May 15th with our immediate family (10 people max). So our groomsmen and bridesmaids are not going to be a part of the ceremony as planned. We are wanting to have a party later once all the virus scare has gone away..... I want to wear my dress to the party, so I am and going to have my soon to be husband and our kids wear their suits/dress.... what about the groomsmen and bridesmaids should they wear their suits/dresses?? Or does it matter?? Or leave it up to them if they want to? 

All suggestions appreciated! 

Thanks, 
    Andrea 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  I think it's fine that you'll be wearing your dress to the party down the line.  I'd let your WP decide what they'd like to wear individually. The WP role usually ends with the ceremony, and for the reception they're guests like everyone else...so if it were me I'd dress as a guest, although post-pandemic will be such a new, different time.  Maybe I'd want to wear my BM dress?  If I happened to love it anyway?  (And if matched the formality of the new party.)