Wedding Woes
Options

July wedding in North Carolina

My daughter is getting married July 3 in North Carolina but she is struggling with postponing it. I think she should. We are from Illinois and have been on lockdown since March and will be until the end of May. While NC  may be opening up we are not so her dress has not been altered, guys have not been able to get their suits, bridesmaids can’t get their dresses altered and numerous other things. I know she is hanging on for dear life hoping this will happen but their are even guests who have said they won’t fly. I would rather she wait and not have her special day overshadowed by all this stress. Please give me some advice that I might share with her to make her decision more bearable. Thanks so much. 

Re: July wedding in North Carolina

• Options
    I think she has about 2 weeks to decide.   That said, I think she needs to look into what the "knowns" are now.

-Will her VIPs attend?
    -Are flights available?
    -What are the local vendors doing? 

July 3rd is just over 2 months away.   How many people are essential employees and/or how many are furloughed or unemployed? 

If the overwhelming answer is that having the wedding means that people can't attend and/or hinges on things changing, I think it's time to postpone. 
  • Options
    I’m not sure if this helps, but my cousin is having a wedding in December in the Bay Area of California and I’m not even sure he should have it then. It’s making me nervous to think of traveling and having my elderly grandparents and parents attend when this is still circulating and coinciding with flu season. It places open too fast (looking at you, Georgia), it’s very likely they will quickly become overwhelmed and they will have to renew the stay at home orders. I think July is too soon to have the wedding. Banana also brings up a good point with furloughs and lay-offs.