Destination Weddings Discussions

Beach Wedding Groom Attire

We are getting married on the beach in Jamaica. My dress is a moscato champagne color, and I cannot decide what I want the groom to wear.  Would linen pants and a white shirt look okay? Or navy blue pants and a white shirt? I like the idea of either of theses but, I'm concerned that the champagne color of my dress will not look good with his white shirt. 

Re: Beach Wedding Groom Attire

• What does he want to wear?  My dress was champagne, and DH wore a linen suit with white shirt and everything looked great.  Let him pick his clothing 

• Honestly I think beach formal takes an interesting turn when it comes to weddings.

Some brides on here have worn gowns and gone barefoot while the grooms wear an oversized linen shirt and pants.   The looks is gorgeous and cohesive.

When friends were married years ago the GM wore gray suits with green ties and checked shirts.   The look was great. 

Honestly, the only thing that would look out of place on a beach is a tux IMO unless the beach is a backdrop and there's no setting foot on it.   If you'll be in the sand then I think you don't go super formal and there's no rule about matching the formality of your wedding dress. 
  • Choose something you both love! If you think it does not match your dress, try a different color for his outfit and see what works best.  You will be looking at pictures for the rest of your life so I definitely recommend to pick something you really like.