Wedding Woes
Options

dia de Prudie

Happy Thursday!
The kids watched, transfixed, a bunny in our yard this morning for a good half hour.  It was a peaceful time for me.  How's everyone else?

Re: dia de Prudie

• Options
    @banana468 I'm praying for your dad. 

In true narcissist form, Fuckface told his brother that he never wanted a divorce. Yet for 4 weeks he told me didn't love me, felt no connection to me, didn't want to be married, didn't want me to touch him, had a bed delivered downstairs and refused couples therapy. But because I filed first, he now can start this narrative that I initiated it, so he can be the victim. I don't know that I've ever felt so much anger towards someone. I can't even look at him. 

I'm finding it hard not to be depressed about Memorial Day weekend. I may go escape to my brother's for at least a day. 

I'm also bored with work. Can I retire yet? 
    Ughhh so sorry. What’s your attorney saying about when you can move out?
  • Options
    @banana468 I'm praying for your dad. 

In true narcissist form, Fuckface told his brother that he never wanted a divorce. Yet for 4 weeks he told me didn't love me, felt no connection to me, didn't want to be married, didn't want me to touch him, had a bed delivered downstairs and refused couples therapy. But because I filed first, he now can start this narrative that I initiated it, so he can be the victim. I don't know that I've ever felt so much anger towards someone. I can't even look at him. 

I'm finding it hard not to be depressed about Memorial Day weekend. I may go escape to my brother's for at least a day. 

I'm also bored with work. Can I retire yet? 
    I'm so sorry.   The only hope is that others start to question him because exactly what was he hoping for?  Did he want to be married to the person who does the household tasks he doesn't and that's it?  

• Options
    @banana468, saying prayers for your dad!  I hope he stays well and can come home as soon as possible.

Not much going on with me.  Still hoping to take tomorrow off but, of course, that is starting to look more dismal, lol.  I have so much to do.  But I can't complain, I'm glad to be working.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @banana468 how is your dad's overall well-being? How are you doing? Yay for out of hospital, but such crazy times I get your fear <3

@climbingwife fyi a mom in my June2018 mom group is getting divorced too. Calls him her Wasband

BabyKitten had a shit night. She's been taking forever to go down, and usually she's been good and sleeping thru the night otherwise. Last night she was up at 2am then up for the day at 5am. I tried to bring her into our bed because I didn't wanna get up. She lay down for a bit, but then got up because suddenly she realized "omg dada is here!" .... *sigh*

We are halting things for moving given what happened with M recently {more about that below} but guys .... this house should be $500K!

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/21860998/13-hendrie-court-ottawa-katimavik

Yesterday M talked to his dr and sounds like they're trying to rule out other things. He's got blood pressure and blood work requests coming. They've got him on a low dose sleeping pill to see if maybe his shitty sleep is the culprit {M and I wonder}

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if he ended up on meds. He's ADHD and I kinda wonder if that's an underlying issue they're going to look at.
    I think they're also questioning sleep apnea as a possible issue.

I told him he's gotta go to the dr more lol
  • Options
    @STARMOON44 no word on when I can leave yet. She's told me to stay put for now until they work out financials. But if I have to still pay for this house, I can't really afford a place as well. I'm worried I'd be stretched too thin. And the lawyer bills are already stressing me out. 

@VarunaTT Seriously, thank you. Reading that made me feel so much better. You're right that eventually he'll run out of things to blame me for. 

@banana468 I bet he's only saying this because he's finally realizing it's going to cost him $$$ to buy me out, and he's going to lose my paycheck. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2020
    @banana468 good luck with your dad.  
    @mrsconn23, yay no school!  Homechef is my fave out of the meal boxes.  Right now, I’m cheap and using the discount line from hello fresh called every plate as is one if my friends. Both of us commented on how fast the produce goes bad.  Gotta make them within the first three or four days.  Never had that problem with homechef though. Glad you liked it and I think those are terrific gifts!
    @STARMOON44, I hear you.  I was always someone to stretch all long weekends and go somewhere or do something. But your alternative doesn’t seem so bad.  
    Edit because this was blocked;
    @climbingwife What an ass. Just know that YOU know the truth and you don’t have to explain anything to his friends. I love the wasband @MissKittyDanger.  

Nothing new to report here.  SSDD. I’m wondering if we’re going to get moved up from re-entering the office from Mid June to June 1st since Illinois is entering that phase on the 29th. 
    People back at office already;  do you wear masks all day while at your desk?  I get common areas/hallways/restrooms but everyone in our office sits 6 feet away from each other.  We also only have 7 people at the most at any given time so we meet the 10 and under congregation rule too. 

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger, I hope they figure out what is going on with M and that it isn't too serious!  For the house link, I love the partial stone wall between the kitchen and the living room.

Here in NOLA, every once in awhile, you'll see a 100+ year old house that has an old coal fireplace in a column, in the middle of a room.  The column is usually exposed brick.  My H doesn't like that design, but I love it!

My own house is a side-by-side duplex.  Built in 1911.  Technically, it has those old coal fireplaces.  Two on each side, on the wall that runs down the middle of the two units.  But some previous jerk owner walled them up.  Why would someone do that?  Argh!  It decreased the size of each unit and covered up cool architectural features.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy  sounds like they just wanna rule everything out. M is pretty sure stress, and I'm thinking it's related to the fact he's slept like shit for years and it's catching up with him.
    And right? That stone wall {faux? idk} is so neat! My style is more modern and minimalist {think ikea tbh} but this ... idk, it really just stuck out. Maybe because it's mod but a mix of something else ....
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot I have always wanted galaxy hair!!!! Or some fun color but like you, didn’t find it very professional. Do it.  Do it! Do it!  I’m 40 and I’d do it if I could work from home the rest of the year.  Just make sure they don’t start doing zoom calls then! That would happen to me.

• Options
    @MyNameIsNot NOPE.  I still want Wonder Woman hair someday, which is super black with bright blue highlights.  If I could WFH right now, I'd definitely take the opportunity to do something fun.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, No way am I wearing a mask all day at work.  I use one of those "neck gaiters" that I can pull up when I'm going to be in common areas or if I'm going to speak to a coworker.  But pull back down when I'm at my desk.  Probably not great, but I try to avoid touching the "front" of it when I'm pulling up or done.  I'm in a cube with high walls and there is no one else that is near me.

@MyNameIsNot, 40 is not too old for galaxy hair!  What better time to try it than now?  I say go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Banana - Prayers for your dad as he enters the facility.  Hope he gets to come home quickly and you and your mom can figure out how to safely have him at home.

Climbing - You knew this was going to come, where he started to turn everything around on you.  Don't worry about trying to figure out why he is doing this, he wants to try and look like the better person in the end.  Let him dig that hole.  Keep your head up and keep telling your truth to those that need to hear it.  Please vent away here!

I'm doing my yoga tonight.  I didn't get to it last night as I was feeling a bit off again.  I'm feeling much better today.  I think I was a little anemic from donating blood, so I took an Iron supplement last night at bed.

We decided to have a socially distant BBQ this weekend with Hs family.  We will stay outside and be spaced out for eating and chatting.  Just some burgers and hot dogs.  I will probably bake a cake too.
  • Options
    Meetings all day. I absolutely shoved a almond butter cookie in my face between two while I waited for my calls to connect. I have a meeting at 3-4:30 where I’m already planning my snacks. It’s my Friday and I can’t wait to be done! 

All the good thoughts for your dad @banana468

Hope you can sneak away for the weekend @climbingwife, you don’t need that this weekend! 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Yay for end of the school year @mrsconn23!  Ours is still set for June 26th but rumors are starting that it may end a bit earlier since we kept the web sessions going through Easter week.
    @banana468 prayers to your dad and to your mom missing him...hoping his stint there is quick.  When he returns home will he require an aide/therapists or are they hoping it'll be somewhat back to normal?
    @climbingwife wow FF is beyond immature.  Reminds me of the high school couple where one partner acts like an ass and drives the other way, but it's the one who says the words "lets break up" who's the bad guy
    @STARMOON44 thank you for sharing your weekend plans.  I was just starting to sink into a funk but I'm going to try and make it a nice weekend too
  • Options
    Crazy morning. A car did a hit and run with a motorcyclist a few vehicles ahead of me on the freeway. I pulled over and had someone call 911 while I did immediate C-spine precautions and kept the guy still as much as I could. He had started to get confused by the time paramedics arrived so I’m glad I was able to get him to stay still as much as I did. I was able to call his wife and let her know. What a terrible morning for them. 

So a weird morning to start with. I’m really glad FI doesn’t ride any more. Otherwise SSDD with a staff meeting and work today. 

@climbingwife what a giant POS. Im so sorry you’re going through this. 

• Options
    @levioosa, whoa!  You get hero points today!  It's a terrible thing to happen, but he was lucky you were nearby.  I hope he is doing okay.  I also hope someone got the license plate number of the hit and run driver.  What a POS.

I was in a hit and run accident once.  A guy rear-ended me on the freeway!  I assume he was going a typical speed limit of 55MPH.  Fortunately, I wasn't hurt.  But it was weird because the guy initially pulled over to the side.  We briefly spoke and then we both went to our cars to get our insurance and all that.  Except then he took off!  I was staring right at the back of his car while he did that, so at least I easily got the license plate number.

My car was still in driveable condition, so I went home and called the police.  But they told me they couldn't arrest him because I'd already left the scene of the accident also.  No matter.  My insurance tracked him down with the license plate number, so his insurance paid for the damages to my car.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Gosh that's so scary @levioosa !  Thank God you were there
  • Options
    @levioosa that's so scary! Thank god you were able to help!