Wedding Woes
Options

Classic Prudie: Your problem is not her problem.

I am having a rather silly problem with my otherwise wonderful wife. She gets up early every morning before work to go to the gym, and then takes a shower when she gets back to our small one-bedroom apartment. After her shower, she says she gets overheated easily while we’re both getting ready for work. I can understand that—I’ve already showered while she’s gone, she’s been exercising, and then she’s showered, plus she needs to use a blow dryer to style her hair. But her way of dealing with this is to walk around almost naked (in just her bra and underwear) until she absolutely has to get dressed to leave for work. She eats breakfast like this, puts on her makeup this way—she basically just goes about her morning routine with barely any clothes on and sometimes she skips the bra entirely. Under other circumstances, I would enjoy this. But when I’m trying to get myself ready for the day, this is kind of distracting. I find myself getting aroused, and since we’re both trying to get out the door for work, it’s a bad time for sex. But then I get to work and I’m frustrated all day long. I’ve tried raising this issue with her (delicately) and she gets offended that I can’t control myself after we’ve been married for eight years, which I find offensive. She’s the one walking around half-naked. How can I try to resolve this with her peacefully?

Re: Classic Prudie: Your problem is not her problem.

• Options
    You resolve it with yourself, dude!

• Options
    She might be walking around half-naked but you’re the one with the problem. Take care of it yourself, or breath through it. 
  • Options
    Im like LW’s wife.  I’m beat red and over heated after a workout so I get it. I’m with @banana468 on this.

• Options
    Think about baseball, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What would Austin Powers say? 
  • Options
    I've had have this issue with SO.  I just flat out tell him I'm not in the mood in the right now, I'm overheated and cranky.  Then he deals with his reactions like a mature adult (WHAT??!! men can control themselves???!!!)