My fiancé and I really need some advice, please help !!!!!
Our wedding is planned for late October this year and is taking place in France as my fiancé is a French native. Most all our guests live in France (my fiancé's family/friends) and even though we sent about 40 invites to my family in U.S., we know most won't come. In fact, only about 8 guests from my side consider coming. But we sent the Save the Dates to everyone to include them regardless.
So we had booked our venue, photographer and videographer (and our flight) then the pandemic hit and everything was put on hold. But then recently after discussing with our wedding planner (based in France) we started to resume planning again as the situation in France is getting better. So we are very optimistic that all our French guests will still be able to attend.
However the biggest problem we face is the travel ban from U.S. to France. We just found out today that the EU has extended the ban for American travelers with no clear date when this will be lifted. Some say at least through summer, but we just have no clue.
So the BIG QUESTION is... if there is the possibility the travel ban is lifted by September or even early October do we still move forward (???) since the majority of our guests are French and most U.S. guests we know wouldn't be coming anyway.
If we do this however, how do we handle the wedding invitations for our U.S. guests ??
We haven't done our invites yet, we were just about to start working on them as we need to send to U.S. guests at least 2-3 months prior.
-My fiancé suggested having our invites printed with blank date so we can handwrite it, that way if we are forced to postpone we didn't waste money on invites and can just write in our new date. Thoughts???
But with the travel ban still in effect how do we convey to our U.S. guests that we understand there's a travel ban but are hopeful it'll be lifted in time for them to come ??? O_o. We're at such a loss on this.
We just really don't want to make that decision to postpone until we absolutely HAVE to (if travel ban still in effect in October and we literally cannot go) since we're so sure all our French guests (the majority) will still be able to attend.
Please help !! Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Remaining Hopeful xoxo