Gay Weddings
Options

vows

my fiance and i are getting married in September in Frederick, MD... 

What will the officient say to us? As a gay couple? 

And is there anything specific we should say in our vows???

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot

Re: vows

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a lot of flexibility on that, given that you will already be legally married.  Our ceremony was Jewish, and we didn't change all that much besides the pronouns.  (Actually, changing the pronouns in Hebrew was kind of a challenge.)  If you are having a religious ceremony, you could start with the usual ceremony for that religion, and just tweak it to fix the genders.  If you are having a secular ceremony, you could Google "secular wedding ceremony" and go from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in a church and will use the traditional vows and just sub pronouns as needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are not religious. and we're getting married at an all outdoor venue...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:45470b8f-c344-4117-8364-a6fd3382b2a3Post:b4ad91e9-1a44-48c0-b84f-6c327363950b">Re: vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are not religious. and we're getting married at an all outdoor venue...
    Posted by mariemoten129[/QUOTE]

Just look for a JOP or secular ceremony online and customize it to you ladies. Or work with your officiant, if they're a pro at this I'm sure they can help.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not religious per se and we were not married by a religious person. Our vows were, however, spiritual and deeply meaningful for us. I found a great deal of inspiration from the texts that can be found at Modern Ketubah and New Ketubah.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards