Fiancé and I are beginning to start planning for our wedding and we’re having a hard time deciding on who to invite. A little bit about us;
- we are introverts
- long distancing for 6 years
- moving in together Summer of 2021
- Both come from big close-knit families
- never liked the idea of having a wedding
- we’re young (23-24)
- we do not feel comfortable spending a lot of money on a wedding
- we do not like to be the center of attention
- I also suffer from anxiety & OCD
So we decided to come up with a few scenarios:
Option 1: Have a small wedding in summer 2021 (50ppl). Although his mom's side of the family will be there (literally no one). His mom said it’s fine to not invite her family since it’s so big. I feel like it’s unfair.
Option 2: Get married in 2022, invite parents, our siblings, parents siblings, and their children. Also really close friends (100ppl). Still have lots of our remaining family members we talk to be upset with us.
Option 3: invite everyone on our big list (160ppl) to have a wedding in 2022. No problems with our family.
Fiancé feels like it’s unfair that we would have a long engagement just to save money for other people. Although he has the most guest on our list.
We really don’t want to make our family upset and possibly leading to some of our family not talking to us. Which option would you pick?