Wedding Woes
Options

Wedding postponed to May 2021

my fiancé and I postponed our October wedding to May 2021. I’m getting ready to create our save the dates (again) and was wondering if 180 people is too many to invite. May is still a few months away and who knows what will be going on with the panademic by then. I’d hate to take back a save the date and tell guest they’ll no longer be invited. I’d love to hear what other brides with a late spring/early summer wedding are planning!

Re: Wedding postponed to May 2021

• Options
    I have a save the date for a May 2021 wedding and the guest list is probably around that size based on past family ones.   

What I can say is I would only send STDs to your must invite list and know that May 2021 could resemble May 2020 so have a contingency plan. 
  • Options
    I agree with P.  I would only send STD's to people that you know 100% will be invited and not potentially cut if you have to make that choice.  The good thing is that STD's are never necessary, so if you are able to invite your whole list it's totally fine to just send them the invitation 8-10 weeks out like normal.
  • Options
    my fiancé and I postponed our October wedding to May 2021. I’m getting ready to create our save the dates (again) and was wondering if 180 people is too many to invite. May is still a few months away and who knows what will be going on with the panademic by then. I’d hate to take back a save the date and tell guest they’ll no longer be invited. I’d love to hear what other brides with a late spring/early summer wedding are planning!
    Only send out STDs to your VIP list. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of hope for next May either and you don’t want to be in the position of canceling and resending out invitations again. 

• Options
    I'd go ahead and send out notice that the date has been changed due to Covid-19 and once it gets closer and you know what venue restrictions there are you'll be sending out invitations as you're able.  Also, as a rule of thumb STD should ONLY go to VIP's!!!