Wedding Woes
Options

BD Med

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2020 in Wedding Woes
Who's still watching?  This whole season was set up to take Hannah down.  It's bullshit, IMO.  

I don't love Hannah or anything.  I'm not sure why she came back this season, especially after Sandy dressed her down at the end of the last season and said she sucked.  I wonder if she'd signed a multi-year contract and had to pay $$$ if she tried to quit/not give half a season.

But the whole thing feels so over-produced.  The story seems to be forced.  They would have been better off just making a clean break with Hannah and bringing in Bugsy at the beginning of the season as the new 'face'.  Also, I wonder how the story is being affected by them removing that guy from the season for the heinous (racist/sexist) shit he posted online after the season starting airing. 

I'm just saying, I'd been much happier if the story had went that after Kiko left that Hannah just wanted to go to be with her BF.  At least, from what I've seen on her insta, she's happy and pregnant.  Good for her. 

Re: BD Med

• Options
    I used to be a big Malia fan, but not anymore. If she was so concerned about Hannah having the valium, why not tell Sandy right after she knew she took it? She waited until after her boyfriend was hired, and Hannah gave her shit about changing cabins. 

And since when does the rest of the crew need to switch up their cabins because of couples? That's totally ridiculous! 

I've never been the hugest Hannah fan, but it really feels that Malia, Bugs and Sandy ganged up on her. It's shitty. 

I didn't watch WWHL yet from last night. Supposedly Andy gives Malia a hard time about how she handled it. 
  • Options
    I didn't watch this season.  IDK, I was super into it for awhile and had watched all of the cast interviews and just...a lot of them were so unlikable when they ran their mouths. I couldn't watch anymore. 

I always really liked Hannah and I think she wasn't getting supported properly (when she explained how they got decorations for the boat, things made a lot more sense suddenly and then having a shitty chef that she had to run interference between crew and passengers with) and that caused a burnout, which just got extended.  Once you're burned out, you just are and nothing can bring it back.
  • Options
    I used to be a big Malia fan, but not anymore. If she was so concerned about Hannah having the valium, why not tell Sandy right after she knew she took it? She waited until after her boyfriend was hired, and Hannah gave her shit about changing cabins. 

And since when does the rest of the crew need to switch up their cabins because of couples? That's totally ridiculous! 

I've never been the hugest Hannah fan, but it really feels that Malia, Bugs and Sandy ganged up on her. It's shitty. 

All of this, but especially the bolded.  Malia came off SO BAD because she was being petulant and telling Hannah to 'man up'.  Hannah made an EXTREMELY reasonable argument for why she and Bugs did not need to bunk up. Bugsy AGREED with Hannah that things are actually working this season because they made the tacit agreement to get along, but assisting that is not living in the same quarters.  Malia thinks she made all these power plays with getting her BFF and BF on the boat, but she's not calculating.  Just petty. 

VarunaTT said:
    I didn't watch this season.  IDK, I was super into it for awhile and had watched all of the cast interviews and just...a lot of them were so unlikable when they ran their mouths. I couldn't watch anymore. 

I always really liked Hannah and I think she wasn't getting supported properly (when she explained how they got decorations for the boat, things made a lot more sense suddenly and then having a shitty chef that she had to run interference between crew and passengers with) and that caused a burnout, which just got extended.  Once you're burned out, you just are and nothing can bring it back.
    Yeah, a lot of them have grown on me.  Jess and Rob are fun and I like the goofy guy that has a thing for Bugsy and their flirtation is funny.  I'm mostly pissed at Malia and Sandy because they definitely seem like they ganged up on Hannah.  Malia is bolstered by having allies.  I think Bugsy is actually not bad and doesn't seem to be scheming that much.  She does make the little comments about how she's not chief and didn't get any instructions.  It's like, "come on, you were a chief and you know what needs to be done."  Hannah shouldn't feel like she has to babysit Bugsy. 

I've never hated Hannah.  She's been her own chaos agent because she is a little lackadaisical at times. She definitely gives too little instruction, but on the flip side these people should have known what is expected.  However, Bravo likes to cast greener and greener stews for the drama, so... I think the critiques of tablescapes and shit from Sandy have always been overblown.  Anyway, I'm glad she's happy now and off the show.  It's clear Sandy hated her and was putting a lot of effort into making her look bad.  That's frustrating because I want to like Sandy, but she's ramped up micromanaging and being straight up shady at times the last 2 seasons. 
  • Options
    Sandy's micromanaging is really out of control this season. You never see Captain Lee micromanage like that. 
  • Options
    Sandy's micromanaging is really out of control this season. You never see Captain Lee micromanage like that. 
    They're polar opposites.  Lee should have gotten a little more in the mix last season since his bosun was practically sexually assaulting his chief stew when drunk, threatened her with physical violence, and tried to fuck his subordinates. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    They're polar opposites.  Lee should have gotten a little more in the mix last season since his bosun was practically sexually assaulting his chief stew when drunk, threatened her with physical violence, and tried to fuck his subordinates. 
    Yeah, I do absolutely agree with you there. 

• Options
    I finally watched the most recent episode and I'm done with Malia.

I also like that her bf just happened to be visiting at the exact time they need a chef. Except supposedly he was on his way back home to a sick family member. I think it is all fabricated and was planned for the show all along. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2020
    kvruns said:
    I finally watched the most recent episode and I'm done with Malia.

I also like that her bf just happened to be visiting at the exact time they need a chef. Except supposedly he was on his way back home to a sick family member. I think it is all fabricated and was planned for the show all along. 
    Yeah, the produced storylines are becoming blatant.  I know it happens in reality TV all the time, but the best ones never show their hand.  It's also insulting to the audience's intelligence.  The BD franchise is one that is watched by men and women more equally than shows like the Real Housewives because it's actually compelling and relatable at the same time, since it takes place in a workplace and there's still typical coworker drama amid an amazing backdrop.  Plus it's a character study since they have to work and live together.  So production should really calm the eff down.