Wedding Party
Options

Nieces and Nephews Involved in Wedding

Hi everyone!

I have two nieces (10 and 12 - they're sisters) that I'm SUPER close to and really want to include as junior bridesmaids. I have a few dilemmas/questions with this tho!!

1. As of this moment we have a symmetrical wedding party (5 adults in bridal party, 5 adults in groom's party), and we were planning on them walking down in pairs. Do you think it would be cute for the sisters to walk down together in a pair? Or separately on their own? I realize this is super detailed and nitpicky, and maybe I should just ask them what they want?

2. They have a brother (10 year old twin to the younger niece). He's super responsible and sweet. Do you think a "junior usher" position would help him feel involved and not left out compared to how his sisters are involved?

3. My husband-to-be has a 12 year old step nephew that he isn't close to at all and hardly knows, but he's including this step nephew's step-dad (my FH's biological brother) as a groomsmen (I probably could have written that in a less complicated way). Do you think we'd risk this nephew being hurt if we didn't find a way to then include him, too? He's pretty shy, so I'm not sure the junior usher position would fly as well with him...

I realize this is all pretty detailed, but any thoughts/experiences are appreciated!!

Re: Nieces and Nephews Involved in Wedding

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I have two nieces (10 and 12 - they're sisters) that I'm SUPER close to and really want to include as junior bridesmaids. I have a few dilemmas/questions with this tho!!

Being a guest "includes" and "honors" everyone invited. It's not necessary to make every child in both families a member of the wedding party to "include" them. If you do ask your nieces, just call them "bridesmaids." No "junior." 

1. As of this moment we have a symmetrical wedding party (5 adults in bridal party, 5 adults in groom's party), and we were planning on them walking down in pairs. Do you think it would be cute for the sisters to walk down together in a pair? Or separately on their own? I realize this is super detailed and nitpicky, and maybe I should just ask them what they want?

I don't see a problem with walking them down together. I do think it would be cute, but you can ask them what they want to do.

2. They have a brother (10 year old twin to the younger niece). He's super responsible and sweet. Do you think a "junior usher" position would help him feel involved and not left out compared to how his sisters are involved?

He can be a "bridesman," a "reader" or an "usher" (again, no "junior.")

3. My husband-to-be has a 12 year old step nephew that he isn't close to at all and hardly knows, but he's including this step nephew's step-dad (my FH's biological brother) as a groomsmen (I probably could have written that in a less complicated way). Do you think we'd risk this nephew being hurt if we didn't find a way to then include him, too? He's pretty shy, so I'm not sure the junior usher position would fly as well with him...

I realize this is all pretty detailed, but any thoughts/experiences are appreciated!!

The step-nephew can be in the wedding party as a "groomsman," an "usher" or a "reader." But don't ask people, including kids, to be in your wedding party solely in order to avoid hurt feelings. Ask them because you really want them. Otherwise, don't ask them.

• Options
    this is a good info!
  • Options
    Thanks!