Outdoor Weddings
Options

New England Ceremony site IN the woods?

Hi all! I’m desperately looking for a ceremony site in New England (ideally NH, Southern ME, or MA) that is quite literally in the woods. I envision being surrounded by tall trees, with a very simple arch, and either benches or chairs. All I’m finding is ceremony sites that either look out at the woods, or are on camps with the ceremony site actually being at water. For reference, if I could have a ceremony in the middle of Vaughan Woods in South Berwick, I 100% would (Hamilton House is gorgeous but not what I’m going for). The closest I have found is the Whitney Inn in Jackson NH which looks like it has a ceremony site that is kind of in the woods (and sits very nicely in my budget at $5k all inclusive for a Sunday September wedding in 2021). 

Any recommendations? I don’t know anyone with ample woods in their back yard, unfortunately...

Re: New England Ceremony site IN the woods?

• Options
    How many guests are you planning? You could look into shelters/ sites in parks or around the AT. You’re likely going to need to bring in all your chairs for guests if you go that route. 
  • Options
    There are several breweries in the woods in Maine that might fit your requirements, although the ones I know of are farther north than you have indicated. I will say that accommodations for a crowd can be a challenge especially in the summer, so the sooner you choose your wedding and reception site, the sooner you can inform your guests about places to stay.
  • Options
    Consider what happens if it rains - bridal vision goes out the window - plan your backup!

Check the Henry David Thoreau sites out...