Wedding Woes

Outdoor Movie night poll

Tomorrow we are having our new neighbor friends over for a fire and a movie projected on our garage. It will be the parents and my two girls (4.5 & 1.5) and the neighbor girls (4.5 and 8). I can't decide what movie to show! I was originally thinking Hocus Pocus but my H shot that down. I don't want to do one my girls and probably theirs have seen a million times like Frozen or Moana so I am thinking either a newer movie or a throw-back.
Here are the ones I am considering:

Spies in Disguise
Abominable
Matilda
Homeward Bound

Re: Outdoor Movie night poll

• I only know the second two but I love Homeward Bound!!
  • I only know the second two as well and I'd go with Matilda. I love Homeward Bound but I remember that movie making me cry my eyes out even as a little kid.
  • @cupcait927 good point! I don't need four crying little girls on my hand lol. It was one of my favorites is why I considered it.
  • Jstump2 said:
    @cupcait927 good point! I don't need four crying little girls on my hand lol. It was one of my favorites is why I considered it.
    Jstump2 said:
    @cupcait927 good point! I don't need four crying little girls on my hand lol. It was one of my favorites is why I considered it.
    Yeah that’s a good point! I also lived Matilda too and that might produce fewer tears. 
  • Is it possible to present two options?
  • @STARMOON44 Possibly! We have access to all these movies via our streaming accounts. I just wasn't sure if I should pick something to eliminate disagreements among the kids but I could maybe text their mom with two options.

• I adore Matilda.  ADORE.

Spies in Disguise was very funny and it's very pretty.  Abominable was just okay for me; if it hadn't been as beautifully animated as it was, I don't think I would've liked it very much.

It's been so long since I've seen Homeward Bound, I can't recall anything but dogs.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Matilda! 

Related: Mara Wilson does good twitter.  
  • I’m a sucker for Matilda. I also like Homeward Bound but I still remember sobbing during it as a kid. Tbh I’d probably still cry as an adult. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    Matilda! 

Related: Mara Wilson does good twitter.  
    Yes! She’s fantastic. 
  • Matilda.

Amazing movie and there's so much backstory about Mara Wilson during it {Danny Devito was amazing to her during filming because her mother was dying}
  • I loved Homeward Bound (and the original Incredible Journey). My children loved it too. It even inspired a family "joke" that whenever we hug someone long and hard that person says "sweetheart sassy can't breath"!
  • Bill and Ted Face the Music is most excellent. 

• Matilda!

About crying with Homeward Bound ... one time my husband was out for the evening and I decided to rewatch Homeward Bound as an adult.  I started sobbing at the end, and that was the point where my husband decided to call me from the grocery store to see if we needed something.  I picked up the phone bawling, and tried to get out that it was just a movie and I was so happy the old dog wasn't dead, but he just heard the "dead" part and a crying wife.  He was very freaked out, poor guy.  We joke about it all the time now, lol.

• Guys you talk about crying at the end of Homeward Bound - HAVE ANY OF YOU SEEN TOY STORY 4!?

Friggin pixar *sob*