Alaska

welcome baskets

We have about 20 people comming in from out of town and were thinking of doing  welcome baskets for them,

We live in Fairbanks and are having our wedding at wedgewood resort with the antique car museum on june 11th 2011.

The baskets would have a bottle of champagne with cute plastic cups and some ads for " things to do " in Fairbanks. also a pass for the antique car museum.

any other ideas or changes???

Re: welcome baskets

• edited December 2011
    Cool ideas.
    I'd also include: map, schedule of events, important phone numbers and addressess, a postcard with a picture of Fairbanks. 
    In mine I'm also including those sleeping eye mask things. I found them at Wal Mart and they are printed like the AK flag. I don't expect anyone to wear them but thought it would be cute considering how light it is in June.
  • edited December 2011
    Little travel sized bug spray would be cute too! Very "Fairbanks"
  • tamaralenaetamaralenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to do that too! I'm also adding local coffee, kaladi brothers, etc. And some ideas for things to do around town (We are in Anchorage)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent a girlfriend of mine from High School some Moosetard and she is RAVING about it! I think I'll give everyone from out of town a jar of it and some crackers also for a snack! http://www.moosetard.com/products.html
  • dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've considered doing this as well.  About 90% of our guests are OOT.  I am hoping to hit up the touristy spots and put a few treats in there along with Alaska beer!
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still brainstorming about this, but I'm thinking about putting in some moose and reindeer sticks from the Alaska Sausage Company, some chips from the Alaska Chip Company, and something sweet from Alaska Wild Berry. I've heard about people doing decks of cards, too, which I like. I know our friends would appreciate and use them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards