Outdoor Weddings

Help me figure this out!

I have too many wedding ideas!

I want a cute, Southern wedding. I def. want lace and mason jars. Our colors are pink and yellow, but mostly pink. 

Our ceremony and cocktail hour are outside, and the eating part of the reception will be inside. Dancing will be outside. 

For outside, I was thinking of making doily lamps and hanging them from the trees and things. There's going to be a table set up with drinks and snacks, and I was thinking of having a pink tablecloth with a lace overlay. 

On the inside, I was thinking of doing the same thing to the tables, pink tablecloths with lace overlay, and then the centerpieces would be pink flowers. 

How would I get yellow in there? It's not like, IMPERATIVE, I guess, but I think my FI would prefer if the whole thing wasn't pink lol. 

I just need help realizing my vision, I guess. Any ideas??

Re: Help me figure this out!

• Put some yellow in on the tables.  If you're using candles maybe do yellow candles, if you're doing flowers then incorporate some yellow flowers.  It doesn't have to be a huge amount of yellow I wouldn't think.  Maybe do a yellow overlay on the tables?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try incorporating yellow in your flowers and/or centerpieces. I've seen small jars with lemons as centerpieces which I think is adorable.  Just a thought (and it's cheap on the budget!)
  • I would incorporate the yellow in the flowers. You could put sliced lemon in a mason jar with flowers for the centerpiece. Something similar to this picture, but use mason jars with pink and yellow flowwers, maybe yellow ribbon on the jars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with trying to put yellow flowers in your centerpieces. Or you could have yellow napkins. Yellow sunflowers are very country, also yellow daisies. Not to be rude, but I wouldn't go too overboard with the doilies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_help-me-figure-this-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:2b053408-ef0a-4e31-b426-a20646c1c2adPost:005e6c0b-b20a-47e2-b1ed-3e7595d418c9">Re: Help me figure this out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with trying to put yellow flowers in your centerpieces. Or you could have yellow napkins. Yellow sunflowers are very country, also yellow daisies. Not to be rude, but I wouldn't go too overboard with the doilies.
    Posted by curlyckj@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

<div>We're not having too many, just making some lamps.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards