Wedding Woes
Options

Thanksgiving Prudie

Dear Prudence,

Like many people, I’m working mostly from home. My office typically uses Skype for communicating throughout the day. We frequently call each other on that platform, sometimes with cameras turned on, sometimes turned off. My friend and colleague “Emily” called me the other day to discuss something. I didn’t have my camera on, but she did. She was at home in her bathrobe, and during our conversation, she disrobed and changed into her day clothes. I assume she forgot the camera was on, since she couldn’t see me. It all happened so fast, and I had been looking at something else on my computer at first—but then my colleague was just there, nude, on my screen. I was flustered and minimized the screen without saying anything. I know she didn’t do this on purpose, to get some sort of exhibitionist thrill, or as a come-on (we’re both happily married women). I know Emily would be mortified, and I don’t want her to feel strange around me. But I’m worried that she might realize what happened, or worse, accidentally do the same thing again with someone else. I haven’t mentioned this incident to anyone aside from this column and don’t intend to, ever, including my husband. Should I stay silent or tell her?

Re: Thanksgiving Prudie

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2020
    I mean... I don’t believe people who forget they’re on camera.  Either way - I also think LW thought to much into it.  Has she never seen a naked lady before, and that wasn’t even in person...? 

• Options
    I would, in the event she’s that forgetful and does it again. I’ve forgotten I’m on video, thought I was muted when I wasn’t. Granted I always get dressed before I go to work but it sounds like a mistake. I’d want someone to tell me so that I’d be more careful in the future. 
  • Options
    I'm a bit vocal, so I feel like I wouldn't have been able to not say anything in the moment.  A simple "Whoop, check your camera!  Camera!" And then the problem would have been solved!  Some awkwardness, yeah, but then this situation wouldn't be happening!