Wedding Reception Forum

Home Rooftop Wedding

My fiancee and I decided to have an intimate wedding on the roof of our new home, which we recently fixed up and painted. My question is, how should I calculate the number of guests I can invite vis-a-vis the rooftop size? Is there a known formula? I tried checking the other forum posts but couldn't find something, so I apologise if this question has already been answered! From a covid standpoint, we have no particular restrictions in my country, and we'll be very cautious in that aspect, I'm just curious to know how to calculate the amount of people who can fit comfortably on my roof, to ensure that I don't overshoot. 

Re: Home Rooftop Wedding

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2021
    How you calculate it is how many you'd feel comfortable having inside your house because in case of rain or inclement weather that's your backup.  That's also all things like bathrooms for guests to use as well.  Think of setting up folding tables and chairs, how many you can comfortably have inside your home/garage.  That's your answer.  
  • The house itself is very spacious, and bathrooms we have 2 (1 on each floor). The roof naturally is smaller than that so I want to assume the smallest space possible. We're getting married in August so hopefully weather would be permitting, and it would be sunny til around 8.30pm so the roof would be lovely. 

My concern is that when people arrive they'll be uncomfortable due to lack of space, so I want to calculate before I invite people to the wedding.