Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

food??

We are making our own food because our budget is tight. I would really like some ides on what to make. I would like to stay away from the "wedding finger sandwiches" I could def. use all the help I can get
Thanks

Re: food??

• ravenaveryravenavery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably go for a "heavy appetizer" buffet, since those food seem easiest to prep in advance and are good at room temperature, and I'd browse caterer's appetizer menus for ideas.

If it was me, I'd probably do a couple salads, stuffed mushrooms, bread or rolls, cheeses and dips, maybe petitie quiches or cut large quiches into small slices, chicken and/or shrimp skewers. Large ravioli could work. Sticking with inexpensive and filling ingredients (bread! only a little meat) is probably your best bet plan for sticking to budget.

I'd also browse costco for frozed stuff that I could just heat up right before the wedding.
  • mpetra88mpetra88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^ thank you!!
  • SamzillaSamzilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'm doing that same thing you are.  Budgeting and doing the food myself.  Some appetizers I'm making are bruschetta, deviled eggs and in my local supermarket I'm buying frozen mini quiches and there's also Cohen's assorted hor d'oeuvres.  I added up the prices and each will have about 120 servings and the total is about $110.  Hope that help you some.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards