Wedding Woes
Options

Mopey Monday

It’s back to the drawing board with the house-hunting. We went in 10,000 over asking on our offer and our realtor got back to us that they got multiple offers, one was cash and one was 35,000 over asking! I was expecting competition for this house but dang! Feeling a little defeated with the current market I'm wondering if we might not be able to move soon after all. We like our current house it's just not exactly what we want/need.

Re: Mopey Monday

• Options
    Oh no!  That bites.  I’m sorry @Jstump2.  That happened to me (being outbid) SO many times when I was looking.  Hoping the right house does come along for you!

In my news, I had someone come over to measure for granite countertops and my cabinets are not level. We did them ourselves, to save money, but now I have to either see if my friends’ guy can come out and give me a quote to level them (and spend money) and/or go laminate (and actually get a refund back).  I’m so done with my kitchen remodel and my stupid unleveled house it’s not even funny. 

• Options
    Damn. I've heard similar stories from a co-worker that is house hunting too. 

I had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I really just want to stay home and cuddle my dog and watch TV. Zero motivation to do anything else. 
  • Options
    That sucks Jstump. I have a friend who just reno'ed a house and she said it is a crazy seller's market at the moment. They were doing viewings by appointment and within 18hours of the house being listed they were completely booked through the weekend. Is it possible to stay in your house for another year or two for the market to settle down?

I really need to get back in the swing of things. I have completely let laundry get away from me and have a baby quilt to finish by the end of the month that I haven't even started on. It's weird but sometimes my low moods makes me more productive as I just kind of tune out and put one foot in front of the other, doing things. Then I start to feel better and relax on the daily tasks. Also, I can't tell if having a drink or two in the afternoon makes tasks more enjoyable or me an alcoholic, lol. I haven't been having any recently and I think that also be a contributing factor on my laziness/ unproductivity. 

• Options
    Aww, Jstump, that's so disappointing. The housing market is just kind of ridiculous right now with inventory so low. 

Mopey Monday here too. It's cold and rainy and I would rather be in bed. I'm going to need a lot of coffee this morning. We went on a new hike yesterday. It was 4-5 miles with a decent climb. Apparently, my body is demanding extra sleep as recovery. 
  • Options
    missJeanLouise totally possible, just a bummer. Lol. I was also hoping to get settled in to a new house before my daughter starts Kindergarten in the fall as we are planning on hopefully moving to a better school district. Looking on the bright side - waiting will mean more time to save and hopefully mean we will be able to make more updates to the next house right of the bat! 
  • Options
    ILoveBeachMusic What were her side effects? My H works at a hospital and had the first round and is due for his second later this week.
  • Options
    Feeling like I'm in a house rut and figuring out if it makes sense to move or renovate.  There are things that are just dated in the house but we also need more space.   It feels a little defeating. 
  • Options
    CharmedPam So annoying when unexpected hiccups like that happen. For what it's worth, we have granite-looking laminate in our current bathroom and so many people think it is real! I think the bullet nose edge makes a difference instead of the sharp corner where you can see the seam.(pic of counter below)

• Options
    Jstump2 said:
    ILoveBeachMusic What were her side effects? My H works at a hospital and had the first round and is due for his second later this week.
    Much more tired and body aches. She said every joint in her body was sore. She took tylenol so she wouldn't run a fever (she's pregnant). Her co-workers ran a fever with the second one. Like I said though the aches are gone today and she's just tired but that could be fun being pregnant and running around after twins.
    Wow, I didn't know pregnant women were allowed to get the vaccine. People who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant are exempt from getting the vaccine here. Idk if they would be refused if they wanted it but I have even heard of men waiting to get it until after their partner is pregnant.
  • Options
    Morning.  Boo on the house JStump and doggo vibes Ilove. 

The weekend was pretty good.  We had our friends over this weekend.  We watched the Colts implode (that was some terrible coaching) and played some games.  Yesterday, I got a pedi and my dad came over for the Bears game and for dinner.  

DH has to go change his name today.  He's a Jr and it's on his SS card, but not his birth cert.  He can't get a Real ID because of the mismatch.  So he had to make an appt with the SS office and we had to scrounge up 2 documents 10+ years old that have Jr on them.  Thank goodness he uses Jr all the time, so we found 4.  I feel like I should get him a card or cupcake or something to celebrate it being 'official' after almost 42 years.  LOL   But anyway, a PSA: use consistency with your kid's name on vital documents because it's a headache later.  

It's snowing, which caught me off guard.  This morning has me all discombobulated because I had to take DefConn to get his glasses that came in and then take him to school.  That stinker was up at 6am and was taking a nap by 7:30am.  He told DH he was going to start getting up at 6 and taking care of his own breakfast and what not because he'll 'be in Jr High soon, so I need to practice now.'  He has a year and half left before Jr High.  His attitude makes me so proud and breaks my heart at the same time.  I want him to stop growing up so darn fast! 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Much more tired and body aches. She said every joint in her body was sore. She took tylenol so she wouldn't run a fever (she's pregnant). Her co-workers ran a fever with the second one. Like I said though the aches are gone today and she's just tired but that could be fun being pregnant and running around after twins.
    DH's cousin got full body hives after her first shot.  She's going to get the second one, but also ask for a script for steroids.  I've heard of a few reactions, like body aches and whatnot.  But most people seem to feel fine afterward. 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Wow, I didn't know pregnant women were allowed to get the vaccine. People who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant are exempt from getting the vaccine here. Idk if they would be refused if they wanted it but I have even heard of men waiting to get it until after their partner is pregnant.
    It is left up to the hospital (DD works in healthcare with patients). At first her hospital wasn't going to allow pregnant/breastfeeding women (who by the way are two totally different groups) to get it. Then the pregnant employees blew up the email train. The head of ob said he would recommend it for those women who are at risk for contracting the virus since pregnant women are at higher risk if they get the virus. The hospital reversed its decision within a week. DD scheduled hers as soon as she could. One of her coworkers who is in her first trimester hasn't gotten it but will after she is out of the first trimester. DD is in late second trimester.
  • Options
    Sending doggie vibes @ILoveBeachMusic
    Ugh so frustrating @Jstump2, a lot of people by me pay all cash, it’s mind blowing to imagine having so much money 

I need a weekend from the weekend.  Just nonstop errands. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic that makes sense, especially for hospital workers.
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    @Jstump2, I'm sorry to hear your offer wasn't accepted!  Although it will vary by area/city/suburbs, it is an especially strong seller's market right now.  Unless it's a HCOL city like SF/NYC, then prices have dropped.  As a comparison, it's a seller's market in NOLA/suburbs.  But barely, not a strong one.  Keep looking because you never know.  But, since you can wait to buy a house, you will probably be better off letting things die down first.

The pandemic has caused a lot of topsy-turviness in people's lives, to put it mildly.  There were people who were going to buy last year that put it off.  Some people's jobs have permanently switched to WFH, which can open up a new mindset of moving to a lower COL place.  On that same note, home offices and/or "bonus" areas are the new "must haves" on more people's lists.  So, overall, real estate is just a frenzy right now, lol.

@ILoveBeachMusic, Ts and Ps for your puppers!  I know she is getting up there in age, but hopefully it is something minor and she will be feeling better soon. 

In football, I'm not going to take sides between @mrsconn23 and @charlotte989875, lol.  So I'll leave it at "sorry about your Colts, @mrsconn23."  And, "good luck to your Bills, @charlotte989875."  But mainly, "Geaux Saints!"  Continuing on in the playoffs, oh yeah!  

Had a good weekend.  Didn't even leave the house on Saturday, just lounged around.  Went grocery shopping on Sunday and majorly stocked up the fridge/freezer.  Our fridge went from being almost empty to playing a game of "kitchen Tetris" to try and fit everything in, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry @Jstump2 that's so frustrating!

I'm feeling very on edge today and I have no patience whatsoever.  I feel bad bc the babe is just wild and energetic and frustrating the crap out of me bc he's being a little tornado today.  It's not fair to get frustrated, so H is handling him the rest of the morning.  I think he's also starting to transition his nap schedule a little and may be close to dropping one.  

I'm at that annoying stage of pregnancy where I don't look pregnant, but none of my pants fit right.  

In happier news, I ordered new boots and i'm really excited about them.  Dr. Scholl's ankle boots - sherpa on the inside and waterproof.  Can't wait!
  • Options
    (((hugs))) @ILoveBeachMusic I am so sorry. 

Congratulations @VarunaTT. Glad you are feeling better.
  • Options
    Oh @ILoveBeachMusic I was really hoping you’d have better news, I’m so sorry. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT congrats! I can't imagine how hard that would be, with two kids I am never alone. Lol. My coworker is divorced and taking covid very seriously. She recently broke her wrist and I feel so bad she was telling me how hard it is to wash dishes, her hair, do house tasks with just one hand and nobody to help. She said going to the doctor to have them set it was the most physical contact she has had in over 9 months!
  • Options
    sorry to hear that @ILoveBeachMusic
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I'm so sorry. Sending you love. 

@VarunaTT happy for you!! 
  • Options
    Turns out DH's name is actually correct on his original birth cert.  The state made a mistake when he requested a copy 10+ years ago and left the Jr off.  So he had to BUY a new birth cert to have the correct information. After he left work early.  At least he's salaried and this didn't cost him time off, but what a freaking headache. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I'm so sorry. That's so hard. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, so sorry about that prognosis.
    @VarunaTT, so glad for negative results!
    @Jstump2, love that countertop.  And everyone’s telling me they’re making laminate a lot better these days.  My friend says her guy is reasonable so I want to see what I have to put in before I make that decision. 

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @ILoveBeachMusic.  It's so hard to see a pet suffering.