Attire & Accessories Forum

Looking for a reliable caftan store

I will get married in September 2021. I recently became obsessed with the Moroccan style caftan dress. Those dresses are really gorgeous and beautiful! I want to buy a luxurious moroccan caftan for my wedding. I found an online website www.dressself.com, I don’t know if it is reliable, if anyone can recommend some stores?

Re: Looking for a reliable caftan store

• I will get married in September 2021. I recently became obsessed with the Moroccan style caftan dress. Those dresses are really gorgeous and beautiful! I want to buy a luxurious moroccan caftan for my wedding. I found an online website www.dressself.com, I don’t know if it is reliable, if anyone can recommend some stores?
    Are you Moroccan (or marrying someone in that culture) if so then I would ask people in your community where they get their dresses from, or made. If you’re not, I’d be really hesitant about adopting traditions or attire from a culture that isn’t you’re own. If you’re just looking at the silhouette or shape, I think that’s okay but inspiration and appropriation can be a fine line that you need to be mindful of. 

That said if you’re looking for a non traditional dress you could have it made directly for you. That might get you closer to what you want.