Wedding Reception Forum
Options

In Need of Entrance Ideas

Hey Ya'll, so due to COVID we had a micro-wedding this year (8/8/2020) with no reception. Next August, we are having what would have been our reception - with a few changes to reflect 1 yr of marriage, etc. but for the most part everything we planned for will be the same (just pushed back a year). Given the fact it is a year after our wedding and there's no ceremony beforehand or wedding party to introduce, I'm trying to find a fun way to announce/enter into our party. Any ideas?? 

Thanks!

Re: In Need of Entrance Ideas

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    Well, this is not going to be a "wedding reception" because that boat has sailed. Your "reception" would have followed your actual wedding. Since one year has passed, I would call your party an "anniversary party" instead. And some wedding elements should not be included. For example, don't re-enact the ceremony with attendants or have a gift registry. 

As far as entrances go, I would just have someone act as an MC and announce your names as you come in, the same as if it were happening at your wedding.
  • Options
    Hey Ya'll, so due to COVID we had a micro-wedding this year (8/8/2020) with no reception. Next August, we are having what would have been our reception - with a few changes to reflect 1 yr of marriage, etc. but for the most part everything we planned for will be the same (just pushed back a year). Given the fact it is a year after our wedding and there's no ceremony beforehand or wedding party to introduce, I'm trying to find a fun way to announce/enter into our party. Any ideas?? 

Thanks!
    I would just do it like normal. Have everyone inside, the DJ play some hype music, and then announce/ introduce you and your partner.