Texas-Houston
Options

UGH! Stupid Virus - May 24th Date - to cancel, or wing it?

Greetings Fellow Brides to Be,
I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this, and I can only imagine those that are / were set to have their wedding in the next month or so.  Some of you having been engaged a year or longer.  So incredibly disappointing!  
My fiancée and I are scheduled to get married on Sunday, May 24th.  Right now, the venue has availability in July or August, but my fiancée is "upbeat" and feels this will all have passed by then.  I've got my doubts!  
What are your thoughts?  If you were us would you cancel or wing it and hope for the best.
Thanks in advance,
Candice

Re: UGH! Stupid Virus - May 24th Date - to cancel, or wing it?

• Options
    This depends more on the type of wedding you're envisioning having on May 24th. If you're looking for the big movie bash, with 200 guests and everyone dancing in each other's faces, ABORT ABORT ABORT. Your wedding will have all the makings of a super-spreader event, and I don't know if you'll have enough vaccinated guests to not pass it around (you know your guest list - are they likely to take the vaccine? Are they in one of the first groups to be offered it?). The bigger a wedding you want, the later you might need to push it; I wouldn't plan to expect full pre-pandemic-style weddings until at least next year.

On the other hand, if it's a tiny thing with just your immediate families outdoors, it might be safe to go ahead - with a smaller number of people, you can make sure everyone's tested negative or been vaccinated and that they keep masks on when not stuffing their faces with cake, not to mention keeping them spread out.

Mine isn't scheduled until Feb 2022 and even I'm still anxious about having to enact CoViD protocols (and with getting people to follow them).