Honeymoon Discussions

June 2022 Honeymoon Help

My Fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the end of June/ early July 2022.  We are open to anywhere, the hotel (has to be a Marriot) we will be able to cover that on points no problem.  Airfare may be the deciding factor that limits where we go as that can get pricey and we have some airline miles but not a lot and we would much rather put our money towards a house at this point in our lives.  We are looking for a great honeymoon location that has a beach and a Marriott, and is not Hawaii, Aruba, or the Virgin Islands. We will be traveling from the east coast, so I guess the Caribbean, but are also open to any other location if getting there would not be too much of a financial burden. Any insight would be helpful.

Re: June 2022 Honeymoon Help

• Does it have to be international? Florida has beautiful weather, pristine beaches, and Marriott's. I recommend looking at Destin, Florida. The water at the Jedi's is crystal clear and great for snorkeling. The white Sandy beaches and emerald-hued waters, are some of the prettiest in the world. The seafood is delicious and there is plenty to do. Congratulations and I hope you guys find the perfect spot. 
  • Thank you!  It does not have to be international but probably will be, Florida is not really an option since the fiancé has spent a ton of time there and we were looking for somewhere new to us.
  • kpitk said:
    My Fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the end of June/ early July 2022.  We are open to anywhere, the hotel (has to be a Marriot) we will be able to cover that on points no problem.  Airfare may be the deciding factor that limits where we go as that can get pricey and we have some airline miles but not a lot and we would much rather put our money towards a house at this point in our lives.  We are looking for a great honeymoon location that has a beach and a Marriott, and is not Hawaii, Aruba, or the Virgin Islands. We will be traveling from the east coast, so I guess the Caribbean, but are also open to any other location if getting there would not be too much of a financial burden. Any insight would be helpful.
    If it has to be beach and should be East Coast and not FL then how about the Mid Atlantic. North Carolina, Maryland, South Carolina are all great options. I would go through the Marriott website and see which properties appeal to you.