Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

"Couple of Honor" or "Best Couple"???

My FH does not have a "best man", but my BFF of 35 years is my MOH... has anyone ever heard of having a Married couple as their "Couple of Honor" instead of Maid of honor and Best Man?

Re: "Couple of Honor" or "Best Couple"???

• My FH does not have a "best man", but my BFF of 35 years is my MOH... has anyone ever heard of having a Married couple as their "Couple of Honor" instead of Maid of honor and Best Man?
    I think I would not call them that, just because them being in a relationship with each other isn't actually relevant. I would just call them "witnesses" or "wedding party" if they are the only two members of the wedding party. Otherwise - "honor attendants"?
  • My FH does not have a "best man", but my BFF of 35 years is my MOH... has anyone ever heard of having a Married couple as their "Couple of Honor" instead of Maid of honor and Best Man?
    I think I would not call them that, just because them being in a relationship with each other isn't actually relevant. I would just call them "witnesses" or "wedding party" if they are the only two members of the wedding party. Otherwise - "honor attendants"?
    Ditto this. 
  • Agree that their relationship status isn't relevant. I'd also be a little confused that the couple of honor was someone other than the couple getting married. 

I agree with just calling them WP or honor attendants, although I'm not sure I understand why MOH and Best Man don't work. 
  • I too would just call them WP or honor attendants, or even MOH and Best Man (since I don't see why they couldn't be called that).