Asian Weddings

Help Needed for a Multicultural Wedding

HI! I recently got engaged and have finally come down from the magic of it all! It's time to start planing. I am told the biggest thing you need to check off your list first, is the date and location of your wedding. My Fiancé is Vietnamese and I am white. We have decided that we should have a SoCal wedding due to the majority of his family being there. I want to incorporate some Vietnamese traditions, but I am at a loss. His mom wanted us to have a tea ceremony but I don't know how that would be possible if we are traveling? I know food is a BIG deal to my fiancé. I would love for any recommendations on how to mix the two cultures!

Re: Help Needed for a Multicultural Wedding

• How can couples incorporate the most important elements, make everyone happy, and still stay on budget? Here are expert tips to help it go smoothly.
    1.Educate each family.
    2. Check with religious institutions.
    3. Pick a venue and vendors that will accommodate you.
    4. Personalize the ceremony and highlight cultural traditions.
    5. Get inventive with the food and drinks.
    8. Consider hiring a planner.

• I have been married since 2 years & have chosen Wedniksha as my preferred wedding planners as they are specialized in designing the wedding across several themes & traditions. Mine theme was traditional king style wedding at ancient monuments in Rajasthan with cultural heritage.
    Wedniksha Wedding Planners
    601, Satyadev Plaza 697, Plot No. 6A, Near Bhagwati House, Off Veera Desai Road, Andheri (West) Mumbai MH 400053 INDIA.

• edited May 2021
    Hi 

Can someone give me styling advice for Asian countries? I want to visit multiple countries.
    https://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1081500/help-needed-for-a-multicultural-wedding
  • Not sure if this is only done in Mexico (where I'm from) or if this is practiced in other Latinamerican countries or rest of the world, but there's a tradition of having the newlyweds do something called "Baile del billete" which consist of them having relatives taking turns to dance with the groom and bride and each person to dance with them has to pin a bill (money) to their clothes. You can see videos of it on YouTube.