Wedding Woes

Top of the mornin' Wednesday!

Happy St Patrick's Day! We made a Leprechaun Trap with poster board, a Kleenex box and some popsicle sticks. We didn't catch one but they did leave some gold chocolate coins! Otherwise we aren't really celebrating today. H is in a training class and getting home late every night this week which means quick easy meals and no corned beef tonight.

Re: Top of the mornin' Wednesday!

• I've never really celebrated St Patty's day and I'm part irish {my mum's bio dad is irish} Tbh I think only M has a green shirt? Lol

Woke up late and didn't have coffee, but luckily my coworker felt my coffee needs and texted for a Starbucks order :) I told her she is my bff today lol

BK is going to my mum's this weekend, and M is going to figure out setting up gate. It's easier to do some things when BK is not around. I can also do a solid vacuum and possibly even mop :O 

I'm back on looking at vehicles, and based on today's income if I do a low price car {like $8K range} then it's affordable. I've got other stuff I'm hoping to pay down so I could potentially up the pay off rate of the car but we'll see.
    We've been talking about how things will be when BK is in school.
    Right now the plan is that I do drop off and M does pick up, but if he's wfh still that will change things.
    Right now I have planned to do after school care at the school, but if M is wfh still then we could potentially save that money

Saturday M & I are celebrating our 10yr dating anniversary. I got him a coat and he's last minute got me my brush roll I wanted.
    We weren't going to exchange gifts but I knew he's been wanting a new leather jacket and he has no spring jackets.
  • We were too @banana468.  Why do you think I'm rug shopping? LMAO
  • No St. Paddy's plans here. We don't really celebrate except for the occasional green beer, but we're both wearing our green today. The dog sprinted off after a squirrel or chipmunk this morning and H joked that it was a leprechaun, so that's as far as we go. 

Work is a bunch of me trying to teach other people how to do all the stuff I do. It's frustrating and annoying and I'm just counting down the days until my new role starts. 
  • I got my stimulus direct deposit today also.  Woo hoo!  I am doing nothing "fun" with the money.  Just my usual paying down debt, lol.

I heard so many stories about how bad people felt after their second shot.  I feel meh and not quite right, so I don't think I am out of the woods.  But nothing too bad yet and I felt well enough to come to work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you @Jstump2, for saying top ‘o the morning.  I think that Leprechaun trap idea is SO cute! 
    @VarunaTT, I loved some of David’s when I got into it.  K taking it all IS petty!

Tonight I’m making fajitas for dinner.  I don’t do corned beef and cabbage.  Yuck!  I’m also really enjoying the majority of my nutrisystem food. I posted after 1 week to what I thought was my nutrisystem support group on facebook: “down 5 lbs. which is really good for me, being such a slow loser... but I had dinner tonight and didn’t care for the flatbreads. Are they all grainy like that?” Or something along those lines.

And then 2 minutes later, one of my friends “liked” it.  I was like “how did she see this?!? It’s a private group!” And then my other friend was like “uh that was posted to your wall”.  I’m losing it.  I thought for sure I was in the private group when I wrote it. Of course, I deleted it, but it was left on people’s feeds if they already saw it.  I didn’t really want anyone to know I was on this.  I kinda wanted to fail in private, yaknow?

• And now thanks to @VarunaTT I am looking at David's Tea and seeing cute cups :( 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yay for the tea splurge @VarunaTT
    Hope things are turning around @charlotte989875

I made Irish soda bread Monday evening and made the corned beef and potatoes last night.  Going to make the cabbage and mash the potatoes while the meat reheats after work.

Channeling some luck from my Irish side in a couple hours- my school district’s Assistant Director of PPS is going on maternity leave from late April - end of the school year, and I have my third and final interview for the leave replacement in a bit.  It’d be a few paychecks with a nice bump, and some interesting experience.  But with all the changes happening on the homefront, I wouldn’t mind work remaining consistent.  So whatever happens, happens.  
  • And now thanks to @VarunaTT I am looking at David's Tea and seeing cute cups :( 
    This is the first time I've ever bought any of their...what...hardware?  Teaware?  IDK.  But I LOVE their tea.  It's honestly the first tea I've ever tried that has so much flavor and doesn't put rosebuds in everything.  I love the sampler packs b/c I get so much variety.  The tea is absolutely worth the price (which is a bit more expensive than some, but way cheaper that Tea Havana ever was), so I can only imagine their dishes are very high quality as well.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ha, I posted something to public FB about a stiff drink (to my mom's group, I thought) recently and my ex-step-cousin commented on it and after I panicked, I just edited it enough to not offend grandma and hoped everyone missed it.

The Mr. and I have the next few days off--anniversary non-vacation.
    Kiddo is gonna spend the next day or 2 at grandparents (they've been vaccinated, yay!) and we're gonna do nada @ home.

And the school contacted everyone yesterday and said 'well, since the state passed stupidity about only funding if you offer in person classes, we can either stay virtual or go back with distancing of best we can--but we can't promise 100% distancing'
    We asked the kiddo if any of her friends were going back and she kinda fell apart about really really REALLY wanting to go back.
    This has been incredibly hard on her social stuff--her special needs are minor (relatively) but this inability to do social stuff for a kid whose special needs revolve around social stuff?  man.

So we did some thinking and some talking and some thinking and some talking and, since I"m the only non-vaccinated person she'd expose (and I"m already exposed--work.  the last time a strange child literally sneezed in my face was Friday and I wipe up spit daily) we're sending her starting monday for the time being.  I am not at ALL sure this is the right choice
    I'm a WRECK.
    And I need to not 2nd guess myself.  Because this isn't the 'right' choice it's just what we've decided is best of all the bad choices (and they're all bad) right now.

• VarunaTT said:
    And now thanks to @VarunaTT I am looking at David's Tea and seeing cute cups :( 
    This is the first time I've ever bought any of their...what...hardware?  Teaware?  IDK.  But I LOVE their tea.  It's honestly the first tea I've ever tried that has so much flavor and doesn't put rosebuds in everything.  I love the sampler packs b/c I get so much variety.  The tea is absolutely worth the price (which is a bit more expensive than some, but way cheaper that Tea Havana ever was), so I can only imagine their dishes are very high quality as well.
    M & I both have some mugs from them. I just saw their moon and stars sets and DYINGGGG
  • GBCKGBCK member
    ALSO, I had decided to buy a cutting machine and did loads of research and decided on a Cricut maker which I was going to order this week...was just researching bundles and picking color when they decided to pull the "lets make everybody pay $100 a year for the full usage of the machine they buy" BS.

They've basically now backed up and said that if it's registered before December, it's grandfathered in, but, fuck that Cricut.

I'm now researching again because who wants to be locked in with a company that is willing to brick your machine?
    Silhouette research, here we go.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Have you tried T2 tea? My favorite. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Have you tried T2 tea? My favorite. 
    I have not and it is now bookmarked for my next tea purchase!  These look yummy.
  • We are celebrating St. Patrick's Day by spending the green!  Had a water softener installed today.  We were also stimulated today so that helps.

Busy week at work.  Both DH and I are fully vaccinated now - yay!
  • GBCKGBCK member
    y'all have me shopping David's bee friendly teas now.
    Damnit.
  • We had a David's Tea at a mall near us. I was at that mall recently to pick up my Apple watch and noticed it had been replaced with another tea store (can't remember which one). I like David's and DD really likes them. I have bought several things there as gifts which have been big hits. DIL is a big tea drinker.

H had an appointment with a surgeon today to have cataract surgery. He's all set for end of next month and beginning of May. I had tires replaced on my car. They were getting close to needing to be replaced and figured I would be making more trips back and forth to Chicago in the coming months so better safe than sorry. 

I'm wearing my green but haven't planned any special food. I'd love some corned beef and cabbage though! Or those reuben sammies sound great @mrsconn23!
  • @VarunaTT I am a tea snob. I absolutely love Harney & Sons. Fantastic quality. Their Caribe blend is one of my favorites. It’s a black and green tea blend with guava. 

• levioosa said:
    @VarunaTT I am a tea snob. I absolutely love Harney & Sons. Fantastic quality. Their Caribe blend is one of my favorites. It’s a black and green tea blend with guava. 
    I have only liked some of their flavors, though my aunt is a huge fan.  Their cinnamon spice is one of my favorites.  I have only ever bought them at a store front though, so it's always the canisters.  I'm going to look at their website to see if they have samplers, b/c I really like having a variety, rather than the same thing all the time.
  • It was delivered today but this is what I got M for our anniversary:

Wantdo Men's Thick Leather Jacket Warm Winter Hooded Coat(Black Heavy,X-Large): Amazon.ca: Clothing & Accessories

The hood zips off, so that's a good bonus. His former leather jacket was aviator style and I feel like he wanted a hood
  • Darn you real estate market!  I keep trying to avoid you for at least a little while and you keep dragging me back in with potentially amazing deals, lol.  Why are there never deals this good when I'm actively looking?

I've already almost had to physically restrain myself from e-mailing my RE agent about four other deals I've seen over the last 1-2 months.  But the one today was too much, too tempting.  I broke down and e-mailed her.  I'm going to drive by on my way home from work and will probably make an offer, unless I see something alarming.  That is, if it is still available.

It's a 4-plex near a college (though a bit sketchy neighborhood).  Each unit is 2 bed/1ba and about 925 square feet.  I think they'd rent for at least $950/month each, even in so-so condition.  So $3800/month gross rent.  The list price is only $95K!  ((salivating)).  That is ridiculously low.

One of two things are happening.

1) It is in worse condition then the ad would lead one to believe.  There were very few pics.  Definitely work needed on the exterior.  At least all the siding needs to be replaced ($$$$$) and I'm sure there's more.  There were only pics of one unit.  Not great, but liveable, and it does look like someone is renting there.  If all the interior units are a similar condition, this would be a homerun.  At least one of the units is rented out because the ad mentions it, but doesn't say how many units or what the rental price is.

And/or, it is COVID in NOLA, with their current refusal to set eviction court dates for non-payment of rent.  And this property has non-paying renters they can't get rid of yet.  That can be a huge expense.

2)  It's priced low for a bidding war.  Not common in my area, but not unheard of either.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBCK said:
    ALSO, I had decided to buy a cutting machine and did loads of research and decided on a Cricut maker which I was going to order this week...was just researching bundles and picking color when they decided to pull the "lets make everybody pay $100 a year for the full usage of the machine they buy" BS.

They've basically now backed up and said that if it's registered before December, it's grandfathered in, but, fuck that Cricut.

I'm now researching again because who wants to be locked in with a company that is willing to brick your machine?
    I heard about that!  It's pretty ridiculous.  I know a few people who have the Cricut.  They must have known how this would go down - I realy don't think it is a good move on their part.

I think they got rid of David's Tea in Canada.  Bankrupcy?

• kerbohl said:
    GBCK said:

I heard about that!  It's pretty ridiculous.  I know a few people who have the Cricut.  They must have known how this would go down - I realy don't think it is a good move on their part.

I think they got rid of David's Tea in Canada.  Bankrupcy?
    They closed some stores but not all. It's just under a protection, so they can keep a few stores open, plus their online stuff.
    There's like 2 other stores like that.

Also wtf cricut!? I wanted one :( 
  • GBCKGBCK member
    They closed some stores but not all. It's just under a protection, so they can keep a few stores open, plus their online stuff.
    There's like 2 other stores like that.

Also wtf cricut!? I wanted one :( 
    Cricut HAS walked it back enough to say if you buy and register before December, they'll not cap it.
    But I have now REdone a shit-ton of research and I'm going with the silhouette cameo 4. 

They have essentially the same functionality as the Cricut maker and the price point comes out similar.
    (the cricut is more polished and has more hand-holding/slick. THe cameo is a little louder and the computer program has more functionality--but the learning curve is a little steeper from what it looks like)

But it's still annoying.